The New Play along, "Show me a picture of......continued"

_DSC1330-X2.jpg

Show me Goofy.

Now for my detailed explanation for who "Osh" Popham was:

"Osh Popham" Proprietor of the Emporium. If you look closely at the windows alongside the southwest corner Emporium entrance, you’ll see the words, “Osh Popham” named as the proprietor of the happy, bustling shop. But who is Osh? He’s actually a character who was played by Oscar-winning actor/singer Burl Ives in the charming 1963 Walt Disney feature film, “Summer Magic,” co-starring Hayley Mills.

In the film, Osh was a shopkeeper, postmaster and good-natured meddler. He helped the struggling Carey family find a new home in the little town of Beulah, Maine. For the character of Osh Popham, the Sherman brothers wrote two of their most memorable tunes: “Ugly Bug Ball” and “On the Front Porch,” which is Robert’s personal favorite Sherman Brothers song.

“Ugly Bug Ball” became an international success, with several cover version by other artists and years of airplay on British radio. It also became the title song of a nice little show in “a bug’s land” at Disney California Adventure park.

B’gosh, Osh! You may have even noticed hearing “Summer Magic” songs during your leisurely strolls down Main Street, U.S.A., as part of the instrumental background music!"

IMG_7992ed-XL.jpg

Show me another window with some explanation or something else on Main Street.

Last edited:

"Osh Popham" Propietor of the Emporium. If you look closely at the windows alongside the southwest corner Emporium entrance, you’ll see the words, “Osh Popham” named as the proprietor of the happy, bustling shop. But who is Osh? He’s actually a character who was played by Oscar-winning actor/singer Burl Ives in the charming 1963 Walt Disney feature film, “Summer Magic,” co-starring Hayley Mills.

In the film, Osh was a shopkeeper, postmaster and good-natured meddler. He helped the struggling Carey family find a new home in the little town of Beulah, Maine. For the character of Osh Popham, the Sherman brothers wrote two of their most memorable tunes: “Ugly Bug Ball” and “On the Front Porch,” which is Robert’s personal favorite Sherman Brothers song.

“Ugly Bug Ball” became an international success, with several cover version by other artists and years of airplay on British radio. It also became the title song of a nice little show in “a bug’s land” at Disney California Adventure park.

B’gosh, Osh! You may have even noticed hearing “Summer Magic” songs during your leisurely strolls down Main Street, U.S.A., as part of the instrumental background music!

IMG_7992ed-XL.jpg

Thanks Kathy - did not know any of that. On the Front Porch is one of my favorite songs.

"Osh Popham" Propietor of the Emporium. If you look closely at the windows alongside the southwest corner Emporium entrance, you’ll see the words, “Osh Popham” named as the proprietor of the happy, bustling shop. But who is Osh? He’s actually a character who was played by Oscar-winning actor/singer Burl Ives in the charming 1963 Walt Disney feature film, “Summer Magic,” co-starring Hayley Mills.

B’gosh, Osh! You may have even noticed hearing “Summer Magic” songs during your leisurely strolls down Main Street, U.S.A., as part of the instrumental background music!

IMG_7992ed-XL.jpg

WOW !!! Thanks Kathy ...never knew any of that...

IMG_7992ed-XL.jpg

That's super interesting! I remember when my nieces and nephews were little we would watch the Disney Sing-Along-Songs on VHS and The Ugly Bug Ball was on it. I never knew where that song came from but it's really catchy. And now…come on, let's crawl…gotta crawl, gotta crawl, to the ugly bug ball :D :rockband:

That's super interesting! I remember when my nieces and nephews were little we would watch the Disney Sing-Along-Songs on VHS and The Ugly Bug Ball was on it. I never knew where that song came from but it's really catchy. And now…come on, let's crawl…gotta crawl, gotta crawl, to the ugly bug ball :D :rockband:

Glad to bring back such good memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!