MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I don’t know how useful this is, but when we did EMM, they had a few of the ropes down just outside of the cave for SDMT creating a gap between the enter and exit lines. There seemed to be no problems using this as a shortcut so you didn’t have to completely exit the ride queue. I don’t know if this is normal for the event or not though.

That was the normal after the initial first wave of riders. We have yet to see what the new normal will be in December.

I will be attending the first date of the new EMM. Anyone have any idea on what type of itinerary they will use for the event? The big attractions we will want to see are SDMT, Princess Fairytale Hall and the Tea Cups. I think IASMA is too long of ride to waste time on this event. I think my plan would be as follows:

Meet the princesses first thing
Ride SDMT 2-3 times
PPF
Pooh
End with Tea cups

Do you think this is doable?

I will be attending the first date of the new EMM. Anyone have any idea on what type of itinerary they will use for the event? The big attractions we will want to see are SDMT, Princess Fairytale Hall and the Tea Cups. I think IASMA is too long of ride to waste time on this event. I think my plan would be as follows:

Ride SDMT 2-3 times
PPF
Pooh
End with Tea cups

You would be walking back and forth a lot inFL in the order you mentioned, and wasting time.
I would rearrange to start at PPF, princesses, SDMT, Pooh, mermaid, then tea cups.

If it was me, I wouldn’t bother with princesses during the even and look for a day of fast pass for each, but it’s up to you.

Ride SDMT 2-3 times
PPF
Pooh
End with Tea cups

If these are your priorities, and you don't plan on trying to ride/experience those attractions much/at all after the EMM event, go for it. It's your event to take advantage of, as you see fit. The poster above is correct, you could likely score FastPasses for Princess meets, and you might want to rearrange the order of attack a little bit, but it's your EMM to make the most of how you want!

Any predictions ... at all ... about when they may release more dates! My ADR date is Monday and I would so love to know when/if they're having EMM so I can schedule accordingly!!

Any predictions ... at all ... about when they may release more dates! My ADR date is Monday and I would so love to know when/if they're having EMM so I can schedule accordingly!!

No clue, but look at the historical chart on page 1 and just plan for it that way. That's how I am doing it. I don't have ADRs to plan around, so I just hope they announce the next batch before FP day.

No clue, but look at the historical chart on page 1 and just plan for it that way. That's how I am doing it. I don't have ADRs to plan around, so I just hope they announce the next batch before FP day.

I am not so patiently waiting to see if any March 2019 dates open up (specifically the first week in March). There haven't been any park opening time changes so I'm hoping there is still a chance they will offer it.

I am not so patiently waiting to see if any March 2019 dates open up (specifically the first week in March). There haven't been any park opening time changes so I'm hoping there is still a chance they will offer it.

I honestly don't see why they wouldn't. It's a money maker and has always been offered that first week. Right now I have it penciled in for 3/5. That's what I am planning around. We like to do MK on our last day anyway, so it works for us.

I honestly don't see why they wouldn't. It's a money maker and has always been offered that first week. Right now I have it penciled in for 3/5. That's what I am planning around. We like to do MK on our last day anyway, so it works for us.

Agree. Unless they deem Mardi Gras week to be so crowded they plan to do some pre-9AM openings that week...my money is on them adding March dates at some point.

I kept thinking that with it being day 1 of Nov, they might release the next set of dates, nope.

The pattern of when they release dates is really choppy historically. This new format that starts 12/2 has added a new wrinkle as well.

I’d like to think they’ll go ahead and add dates here at some point and not wait until they get some experience with the new setup... but who knows!

I think my plan will have to be to schedule my CRT ADR for Sunday and then hope they offer EMM on Tuesday as they have in the past.

We went on Nov 13. We had a great time and thought it was definitely worth it. Even though the format is changing I wanted to say thanks to the posters on this thread :). Rode peter pan and pooh once each, then the mine train at least 9 times. The breakfast food was great too!

We’ll be there this Sunday, 11/18! Really excited to go experience this one more time before the format changes. I’ll be eager to read reports once people have started experiencing it with the newly added attractions.

We’ll be there this Sunday, 11/18! Really excited to go experience this one more time before the format changes.

I was thinking about this earlier today. A bit sad actually. My kids are 8 and 4 now... they were 5 and 1 when we started going to MK EMM. We've done it 4-5 times over those few years. Each time was a little different as they got older. Some great memories were made. I can only hope the same fond memories can be created for us and others with the new format. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!