The new DVC Riviera Resort??

Is Yatch Club DVC a remote possibility or nothing more than wishful thinking?

Agree BCV is the most expensive per point currently. BWV at least has the low point standard rooms to offset the cost. As much as the location calls to me, I'll be trying to trade in using VGF/PVB points.

Is Yatch Club DVC a remote possibility or nothing more than wishful thinking?

They won't convert any rooms at YC. YC is pretty small as it is (621 rooms), and the rooms there are essential to the conference business at the nearby Conference Center, which is now Disney's premier conference option. A good-size conference can use blocks that represent 50-75% of YC, BC and BWI. If they remove the ability to have decent size blocks in the area, they lose conference biz. And conference biz is, in some ways, better than DVC, although more prone to softness in recessions. Conferences get catering, booze, AV and similar, which is all nice cash.

Hearing BLT/GF, I was thinking modern luxury.
Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more.

That has to be the weirdest 'tease' I've ever read for a new resort.

So, Riv gets height from one (BLT) and a special roof line from the other (GFV)? What else to we picture from this strange thought?
I was thinking more along the lines of modern/austere finishings like BLT in a giant tower... at VGF prices and point charts.

Ca-ching. Ca-ching.

While the BLT/VGF baby comparisons are amusing, it's highly unlikely that guide knows anything more than we do about Riviera. Not the kind of info they would share with salespeople in advance; they want them focused on CCV.

That has to be the weirdest 'tease' I've ever read for a new resort.

So, Riv gets height from one (BLT) and a special roof line from the other (GFV)? What else to we picture from this strange thought?

I thought it was a weird comment too which is why I posted. It definitely did not make me super optimistic (and I am a BLT owner). She did mention the restaurant.

All in all we got our fastpasses for the group of 7 and my parents got a $150 gift card but honestly it was a weird tour anyway. The guide I think just wanted us out and done more than anything as a lot of the conversation was about how Marriott timeshare works (my parents aren’t the Disney freaks like us and own Marriott).

We stayed at CBR. I have followed all the pictures and updates on Riviera. Seeing it in person though is different. It is HUGE.

Im hoping my trip in December we might here something about it :) If not I guess Ill be taking a tour in May!

Additional direct purchase incentive for CCV is available from now till mid December. I wonder if this means Disney is trying to finish off CCV and start selling Riviera soon?

Additional direct purchase incentive for CCV is available from now till mid December. I wonder if this means Disney is trying to finish off CCV and start selling Riviera soon?
The timing might also suggest DVD is trying to move as much CCV as they can before details are revealed at the Dec. 13 condo meeting, people get excited, and some hit the pause button on buying in.

We are going to be at WL for Thanksgiving dinner, no harm in looking around ...
(famous last words)
:rotfl2:

Can someone help me by clarifying something? I have seen 2 different offers (for 150 points)...one for $2000...$1500 + $500 additional if its purchased before December 15th and another one for $3250 if its purchased before December 15th. Does anyone know which is correct and why i am seeing 2 different ones? I wasn't logged into my DVC account when I saw the $3250 and i was when I saw the $2000. Could it be if you have already purchased direct they are giving less of an incentive.
ETA: to clarify I'm talking about the Copper Creek direct add on incentives. :-)

Last edited:
Can someone help me by clarifying something? I have seen 2 different offers (for 150 points)...one for $2000...$1500 + $500 additional if its purchased before December 15th and another one for $3250 if its purchased before December 15th. Does anyone know which is correct and why i am seeing 2 different ones? I wasn't logged into my DVC account when I saw the $3250 and i was when I saw the $2000. Could it be if you have already purchased direct they are giving less of an incentive.
ETA: to clarify I'm talking about the Copper Creek direct add on incentives. :-)

I believe that is for if you buy 175pts and new member. Existing member is $3300

New rendering out. Looks rather basic IMO... this is the quiet pool, not the feature pool, but the landscaping could be nicer (queen palms, etc) and the building itself rather plain.

32059862088_6b00c15c03_z.jpg

Link to larger image: https://flic.kr/p/QR2b3U

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter