The May 2019 Trip Report Thread

Thank you Christine raynor. I meant to ask for recommendations for an RV park in Ocala. Looks like it will be an easy in and easy out. I will try it out.

Thanks again...
Ask for a pull through by the club house and restrooms. Really clean showers with private restrooms attached. Good Mexican restaurant down the street but not walking close. Two truck stops also at that exit.

i second Ocala SUn. That is our preferred stop over when heading down from atlanta. This way we can get in early the next day.

i second Ocala SUn. That is our preferred stop over when heading down from atlanta. This way we can get in early the next day.

That is certainly the idea. What is the earliest you all have been able to check in at the Fort? I am going to shoot for 11:00 am arrival. Is that too early or just about right? I realize the official check in is like 3:00 pm or 4:00 pm, I just want to get started on the stay ASAP.

Also, does anyone know about what time Kenny does his off site "delivery" of the golf cart? I understand going and picking it up, just curious about what time he does that.

Thanks in advance for any extra info. Also, thanks to Christine raynor and Kris for the Ocala Sun info. Booked that site today for next Wednesday! Less than a week to go. Hooray!

That is certainly the idea. What is the earliest you all have been able to check in at the Fort? I am going to shoot for 11:00 am arrival. Is that too early or just about right? I realize the official check in is like 3:00 pm or 4:00 pm, I just want to get started on the stay ASAP.

Also, does anyone know about what time Kenny does his off site "delivery" of the golf cart? I understand going and picking it up, just curious about what time he does that.

Thanks in advance for any extra info. Also, thanks to Christine raynor and Kris for the Ocala Sun info. Booked that site today for next Wednesday! Less than a week to go. Hooray!
My droop off and pickup with Kenny's driver was at 9am and only about 10 minutes away out the back way. I was only about 45 minutes total time. Kenny's is really great to work with.

We usually head out by 9 or 10 am. We typically get breakfast at cracker barbell. Come back, pull out, then head to the pilot right before getting back on 75. It’s a little over an hour to get to the fort. We have had to wait in overflow before but we have also gotten a site right away. I know you can pull into the fort at 6 am, but again you may or may not have a site.

What is the earliest you all have been able to check in at the Fort? I am going to shoot for 11:00 am arrival. Is that too early or just about right?

Also, does anyone know about what time Kenny does his off site "delivery" of the golf cart?
You can technically check-in at 0601. That is when the reservation system rolls over for the day. If your assigned site is empty and ready, they will let you have it. If your assigned site isn't ready, you can ask if there is a site that is available and get switched. Shooting for 11 is a good window. Being flexible is the best option to getting a ready site.

When I have rented from Kenny, we have arranged a pick up/drop off time over the phone in advance. I have picked up as early as 0900, but that was after hurricane Irma and everything had been closed so they had lots of availability. Give them a call and see what your options are.

j

My droop off and pickup with Kenny's driver was at 9am and only about 10 minutes away out the back way. I was only about 45 minutes total time. Kenny's is really great to work with.

Thanks for the valuable information everyone. Washing the camper today and packing it tomorrow. The trip is getting real.

We usually head out by 9 or 10 am. We typically get breakfast at cracker barbell. Come back, pull out, then head to the pilot right before getting back on 75. It’s a little over an hour to get to the fort. We have had to wait in overflow before but we have also gotten a site right away. I know you can pull into the fort at 6 am, but again you may or may not have a site.

You can technically check-in at 0601. That is when the reservation system rolls over for the day. If your assigned site is empty and ready, they will let you have it. If your assigned site isn't ready, you can ask if there is a site that is available and get switched. Shooting for 11 is a good window. Being flexible is the best option to getting a ready site.

When I have rented from Kenny, we have arranged a pick up/drop off time over the phone in advance. I have picked up as early as 0900, but that was after hurricane Irma and everything had been closed so they had lots of availability. Give them a call and see what your options are.

j

This time next week I'll be celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary at Lake Louisa SP, and I'll be pulling into the FORT a week from tomorrow! :mickeyjum

I'd be hard pressed to come up with a better way to celebrate your anniversary, BCPK.

Bama Ed

PS - have a great trip

Last edited:
We went to some parks a couple of days but I didn’t take any photos. My friend’s daughter got married that Friday. I made it through the ceremony but got very ill and had to leave before the reception. I was sick the rest of the trip and at home too.

503EA0B8-24C4-4B9A-8F9F-EC804F2D5E71.jpeg93749299-2F0A-407B-B332-3D9F0865E672.jpeg

Last edited:
This time next week I'll be celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary at Lake Louisa SP, and I'll be pulling into the FORT a week from tomorrow! :mickeyjum
Hi BCPKnight,

We are checking out tomorrow and have the traveling fire pit. Someone else is supposed to get it on Sunday. Do you suppose we could leave it at your site until it is picked up Sunday PM? Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter