The May 2019 Trip Report Thread

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
For those that want to contribute to a community trip report.

I will be there 5/4-5/12 but probably won’t have much time to report here. We have a very busy schedule.

5/4 - arrive and setup
5/5 - head to Daytona for youngest son’s honor grad brunch, come back to FW and meet up with DS2 who is flying in from Boston
5/6 - head back to Daytona for youngest son’s college graduation from Embry Riddle, take family to lunch to celebrate
5/7 - AK
5/8 - HS and EC
5/9 - back to Daytona for youngest son’s final concert (he plays sax with the Daytona State college band)
5/10 - hair and makeup appointment at Wilderness Lodge to get ready for my BFF’s daughter’s wedding that evening
5/11 - this is my only down day, have breakfast reservations at the Wave for early Mother’s Day breakfast
5/12 - pack up and head home, dropping camper off at Lazy Days for a minor warranty repair.

5/25- Leaving home: overnight @ COE campground just north of Tallahassee ($12 per night w/Senior Pass :earboy2:)
5/26-Drive to Lake Louisa SP (2 nights)
5/27-Check in @ Fort Wilderness for a seven night stay :tigger:
6/4- back to the COE north of Tallahassee
6/5- home :eeyore:

5/6 - head back to Daytona for youngest son’s college graduation from Embry Riddle, take family to lunch to celebrate
5/10 - hair and makeup appointment at Wilderness Lodge to get ready for my BFF’s daughter’s wedding that evening
5/11 - this is my only down day, have breakfast reservations at the Wave for early Mother’s Day breakfast

Congratulations!! sounds like a fun Mom trip. Time to be with your family, friends, and disney. Is your son going to the Air Force next?

I will be there 5/4-5/12 but probably won’t have much time to report here. We have a very busy schedule.

5/4 - arrive and setup
5/5 - head to Daytona for youngest son’s honor grad brunch, come back to FW and meet up with DS2 who is flying in from Boston
5/7 - AK
5/8 - HS and EC
5/9 - back to Daytona for youngest son’s final concert (he plays sax with the Daytona State college band)
5/12 - pack up and head home, dropping camper off at Lazy Days for a minor warranty repair.

Sounds like a great trip. Congrats to your son, what are his plans now? I ask because our son in in an Aerospace program and plans to join the Air Force after he graduates with his Bachelor's degree.

Congratulations!! sounds like a fun Mom trip. Time to be with your family, friends, and disney. Is your son going to the Air Force next?

Sounds like a great trip. Congrats to your son, what are his plans now? I ask because our son in in an Aerospace program and plans to join the Air Force after he graduates with his Bachelor's degree.

Thank you! He will be moving to Wisconsin to attend grad school at the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee. He’ll be getting his PhD in Physics, he’s been studying Astronomy and Astrophysics at Embry Riddle.

5/25- Leaving home: overnight @ COE campground just north of Tallahassee ($12 per night w/Senior Pass :earboy2:)
5/26-Drive to Lake Louisa SP (2 nights)
5/27-Check in @ Fort Wilderness for a seven night stay :tigger:
6/4- back to the COE north of Tallahassee
6/5- home :eeyore:

Interesting!

Did not know there was a COE near there. Eastbank?

I drove a stretch of Hwy 90 parallel to I10 in March and that area had a lot of blown down trees from last summer's Hurricane Michael. If the campground is operating I guess it's ok.

Have fun - Bama Ed

Yes, Eastbank is where we're staying. We aren't super fond of that little stretch in Dothan that goes to I-10, so we just take the highway over to Tallahassee instead. I hope that the campground is okay. Several reviewers stated that there was damage, but it is up and running again. I'll let you all know after our stay.

Last edited:
5/10 Leaving home near Houston, TX hoping to make it at least to Pensicola area for the night.
5/11 Check in at the Fort for 7 nights (1st time staying at the Fort, YIPPEE!)
5/18 Head back to Texas with one stop for the night
5/19 Home

Last edited:
Would someone who will be at the Fort from now until 5/13 or later be able to babysit the traveling firepit until Bahogg can pick it up on 5/13? I have used it once but don’t think I will have time to use it again. I have firewood to go with it too.

We are very upset & sad-we had to cancel our May trip 5/12 to 5/22 to the Fort. Our truck decided to have engine problems (turbo) went south yesterday (5/8). One ton 2016 Chevy. Dealer is saying at least 3 days to repair after the part comes in. Did not show up today. We could not justified driving 1200 miles to spend 4 days. We thank the good Lord this did happen while on the road & in an area not familiar or dealership.

Sorry to hear Glo. Get it fixed up and we'll see you at GSP. You and Grumpy are in the site next to us.

j

That's a bummer, but yes glad it at least happened at home. Hope all is worked out OK before you head to GSP

Hello Fellow Campers,

We are leaving Fairhope, AL next Wednesday with the camper in tow and going to stay somewhere around Ocala Wednesday night. We check in at the Fort on Thursday, May 23 and Check out Saturday, June 1. We are staying 9 nights. It will be the longest we have ever been at the Fort.

The DW and I (along with the 4 year old) will be hanging out at the Fort while our older children (22, 20, 18, and 15) and their friends conquer the parks. This is a graduation trip for our middle son and he has three friends coming with him.

We are going to try out a golf cart from Kenny for the first time. We have rented carts from FW before, but for 9 nights the savings was just too much.

Anywho, I will try to post updates and pictures as I can. Hope to see you all at the Fort!

Hello Fellow Campers,

We are leaving Fairhope, AL next Wednesday with the camper in tow and going to stay somewhere around Ocala Wednesday night. We check in at the Fort on Thursday, May 23 and Check out Saturday, June 1. We are staying 9 nights. It will be the longest we have ever been at the Fort.

The DW and I (along with the 4 year old) will be hanging out at the Fort while our older children (22, 20, 18, and 15) and their friends conquer the parks. This is a graduation trip for our middle son and he has three friends coming with him.

We are going to try out a golf cart from Kenny for the first time. We have rented carts from FW before, but for 9 nights the savings was just too much.

Anywho, I will try to post updates and pictures as I can. Hope to see you all at the Fort!
If you are looking for a park in ocala, we always stop at Ocala Sun RV. On west side of I 75 south of Ocala, easy in easy out and only 40- 45 minutes from fort. We rented from Kenny this spring and have resides for fall again. He is great and no problem picking up and dropping off. Have fun.

If you are looking for a park in ocala, we always stop at Ocala Sun RV. On west side of I 75 south of Ocala, easy in easy out and only 40- 45 minutes from fort. We rented from Kenny this spring and have resides for fall again. He is great and no problem picking up and dropping off. Have fun.

Thank you Christine raynor. I meant to ask for recommendations for an RV park in Ocala. Looks like it will be an easy in and easy out. I will try it out.

Thanks again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter