The Mad Chatters thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready to go in Ok said:
Aww! I have been late twice in my life. Nine months late both times.

I had a pretty good day today as well. I think my job is finally settling down, so I'm not feeling like quitting every day.

Good for you! I"m glad you are liking it more. Me, I sitll feel like quitting every day!

I've had chronic stomach problems since April of last year. I've been to tons of doctors, takens lots of different meds, gone to the ER 4 times, several different tests and procedures and nobody could figure out what the problem was. Today a doctor was finally able to diagnose me and get a medicine plan together. I was starting to think I was crazy and it's such a relief to have a name and plan and will soon be able to live life normally instead of always trying to plan around the pain! It's some kind of muscular disfunction that was probably brought on by extreme stress. My DH and I are soooo relieved! Finally able to treat the problem instead of learning to live with it. So a diagnosis made my day a wonderful one!!! Sorry to ramble on.

dolphinrescuegirl said:
I've had chronic stomach problems since April of last year. I've been to tons of doctors, takens lots of different meds, gone to the ER 4 times, several different tests and procedures and nobody could figure out what the problem was. Today a doctor was finally able to diagnose me and get a medicine plan together. I was starting to think I was crazy and it's such a relief to have a name and plan and will soon be able to live life normally instead of always trying to plan around the pain! It's some kind of muscular disfunction that was probably brought on by extreme stress. My DH and I are soooo relieved! Finally able to treat the problem instead of learning to live with it. So a diagnosis made my day a wonderful one!!! Sorry to ramble on.

That's WONDERFUL! I didn't realize you hadn't been feeling well. :grouphug: So what were the symptoms you had been experiencing?

The symptoms were really bad stomachahes where I could NOT move, standing for long periods of time and car trips longer than 30 mins could also bring it on. Other symptoms that I rather not reveal. I'm just glad that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Since it's been chronic I have just started living with it and it just became such a part of my life that I didn't talk about it here since it wasn't just a 2 day virus or something. I'v been on :cloud9: since the doctor visit.

dolphinrescuegirl said:
The symptoms were really bad stomachahes where I could NOT move, standing for long periods of time and car trips longer than 30 mins could also bring it on. Other symptoms that I rather not reveal. I'm just glad that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Since it's been chronic I have just started living with it and it just became such a part of my life that I didn't talk about it here since it wasn't just a 2 day virus or something. I'v been on :cloud9: since the doctor visit.

That sounds awful. I'm so glad they figured out what was wrong and that you are on your way to recovery--finally!

Paige, are you still around?

Yeah. I got too tired, climbed into bed for a minute, took a little nap.

I didn't want to nap too long so I can go to bed tonight.

Kim, yuck. Bonnie, yuck and yuck and yuck. :grouphug: to both.

paigevz said:
Yeah. I got too tired, climbed into bed for a minute, took a little nap.

I didn't want to nap too long so I can go to bed tonight.

Kim, yuck. Bonnie, yuck and yuck and yuck. :grouphug: to both.

Well that was a fast nap!

Paige you are getting close to 3,000 posts! You know the funny thing is that I've been DISing for over 4 years, yet until this past summer I only had about 700 posts. This summer I got totally addicted to DISing!

Yep, fast napper, that's me.............

When I first came here, it was only to see the articles, tips, menus..........then I found the forums, but still only used them for planning.............don't remember the first time I came to the community board, but I had a pretty low post count until this thread!

Ow, I just pinched my **** (hmm, can't say that.......um, knocker) with a light saber!

WE are close to 8,000.............

I know....these clique threads will do ya in!

I'm getting sleepy, plus I want to watch some news in bed. So I'll talk to you girls tomorrow!

Paige, good luck with your beasts tomorrow. I hope they turn back into angels for you.

Hi girls!!! I am so sorry everyone had a pretty rough day, I have had a pretty tough couple of months. Most are just family problems, but my littlest DD has had an upset tummy with diareah since last Wednesday. We thought that maybe it was connected to weaning her off of her seizure meds. But her pediatrician wanted to see her today, and well my baby has had what she thinks is salmanella (sp?). I had it several years ago, and oh was I sick. But just so I say these things:

Bonnie: Please get another test, those could have been defective, or just been a false negative.

Paige: You are not a nobody, you are my cuz & we luf you!!!! I'd miss you at night if you weren't around.

Aw, thanks! This cold just makes me :guilty: I'm sure that's half the reason the kids were off today, too...........well, and having a classmate throw up in math isn't exactly conducive to productive learning!

paigevz said:
Aw, thanks! This cold just makes me :guilty: I'm sure that's half the reason the kids were off today, too...........well, and having a classmate throw up in math isn't exactly conducive to productive learning!
Last year when I was subbing in this 1st grade class, we were going on a field trip to see the Nutcracker, before we left we ate lunch in the classroom and had 3 throw up.

I was writing on the board, we were just going really good in math, and he just turned around and ...........all over my foot! I just said, "Well, honey, bless your heart...........go and see the nurse.........take the trash can with you."

After he left, about half of mine started gagging from the smell, so I got us out of there quick! We headed to the library and read math books.

Our nurse absolutely hates to send kids home. She's always trying to say either they ate something they shouldn't have, saw or thought of something gross, had mucus drainage, got too hot at recess or are faking. So this time I saw it happen, it wasn't just a tiny bit, he didn't have a cold, we hadn't been to recess in 2 hours, it was before lunch and we were just doing math.......she still attributed it to nachos he ate last night! Said he'll be back tomorrow..........bet my boots he isn't.

paigevz said:
Steph, Mary?

Where'd everybody go? :bored:
I'm here, I had to answer the phone, we have a kids club at my church called AWANA, and I am one of the leaders, so I was working out some details for this Wed. It's our first night of club for the year. And I of course had to deal with it at night, because we all work during the day.

paigevz said:
I was writing on the board, we were just going really good in math, and he just turned around and ...........all over my foot! I just said, "Well, honey, bless your heart...........go and see the nurse.........take the trash can with you."

After he left, about half of mine started gagging from the smell, so I got us out of there quick! We headed to the library and read math books.

Our nurse absolutely hates to send kids home. She's always trying to say either they ate something they shouldn't have, saw or thought of something gross, had mucus drainage, got too hot at recess or are faking. So this time I saw it happen, it wasn't just a tiny bit, he didn't have a cold, we hadn't been to recess in 2 hours, it was before lunch and we were just doing math.......she still attributed it to nachos he ate last night! Said he'll be back tomorrow..........bet my boots he isn't.
As I read your post I thought about how our nurse does the same thing. She hates to send kids home. If someone comes in with a stomach ache she'll say drink some water and see if that helps. Well, if they have a bug, adding water will only make it worse. It will come up that much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter