The Long Road to Princess 2021

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
I'm finishing out August with 26.2 miles run which is better than the previous two Augusts.

Monday August 26th: Planned Rest Day
Tuesday August 27th: 25 minute run (plus 5 min warm up and cool down) 2.66 miles @ 13.13 per mile
Wednesday August 28th: Planned Rest Day
Thursday August 29th: 60 second sprints/90 second walk x8 2.2 miles @ 13.4 per mile
Friday August 30th: Work late and grocery shopping
Saturday August 31st: Cross training, either swimming at my cousins or Iron Strength work out

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
My online college classes are kicking my butt, especially Algebra. This is going to be a tough eight weeks. Running has definitely helped me clear my head after assignments and studying.

Sunday September 2nr, I kicked off the new month with a four mile stroller run at an average pace of 13:42. I think this was pretty good.

Monday, the 3rd, was a planned rest day.

Tuesday, the 4th, was a 25 minute run with a five minute warm up and cool down for a total of 2.7 miles at 13:17 per mile.

Thursday, the 5th, was another planned rest day.

Today was supposed to be speed play with 60/90 intervals, but I pigged out on pizza instead. Moderation, right? I am also experiencing the first twinges of shin splints so I will be resting until my next long run on Sunday.

Last edited:

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
I also skipped my long run on Sunday :eek: 101 degrees in September? Really?!

I had a miserable excuse for a run on Monday. It started off as a 25 minute run, but I started walking after the first mile and never got back going. The shin pain is still there. 2.4 miles at 15:00 per mile.

I had an appointment with a urologist today. My bladder doesn't appear to be emptying completely which makes it easier for bacteria to grow. She put me on some pills as part of urinary suppression therapy that should help prevent the recurring UTIs.

I did finish my Iron Strength work out today. I'm going to take a rest day tomorrow and aim for three slow miles on Thursday. Hopefully the shin pain will be better by then.

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
Next September 11th, I really want to participate in a stair climb at a parking garage in Meridian, MS. It looks like a great work out and an awesome tribute for 09/11.

09/12 Thursday: My planned three mile run morphed into 2.1 miles with 60/90 sprints at an average pace of 14:16. No shin pain!

09/13 Friday: Grocery store/planned rest day.

09/14 Saturday: Hit 5 miles (or darn close to it) for the first time this year. I am still concerned with my pacing as this run was a definite fade. I walked most of the last two miles.

Vs. the same run on 09/23/2017. Granted this was about a week later in training and completely different weather conditions (91 at the start and sunny today vs. 79 at the start and misting rain in 2017). The T+D, to my best estimate, using historical data (at the suggestion of @DopeyBadger ) is actually not much different, 157 today and 139 in 2017. My training up to this point is also on track, if not better than that year.

2017 was so much more consistent than today. At that time my weight was at 142, today I am at 160. I am concerned that may be my bigger issue, and one that I am struggling to rectify.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates