• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Lion King in London's West End

DisneyRGB

<font color=blue>Loves parades<br><font color=purp
Hi

I know this isn't about DLP but it is about Disney so this seems like a good place to ask! Has anyone been to see the Lion King show at the Lyceum Theatre in London's West End, and if so what are your thoughts?

Thanks! :Pinkbounc

Haven't seen the show but I do have the CD and it is very good.

Elaine

Haven't been to the show but sister-in-law has flown twice from Glasgow to see it. Her view was best show yet :)

Reid

I saw this show a couple of years back & it is one of the best I have ever seen. The costumes are fantastic.

Nikki

I didn't see the West End version, but I've seen the Broadway version in New York, and I've heard they're pretty much identical. It was excellent! A marvelous time!

I saw the show 2 years ago - very good. Timon and Pumba were very funny, just like the film!

The one thing that disappointed me about the Lion King show at DLRP is that I had read it was a totally new story but it's actually an abridged version of the stage show. It's still a great addition to DLRP, just I had been led to believe it was different to what it actually was.

I've seen the show twice in London and it is excellent. The music is great and the costumes are amazing! We were all crying when Mufasa died! We took our foster brother and sister and we had the cd on in the car when we came back, they loved singing Hakuna Matata, I'm surprised the cd wasn't burnt out!!

If you get the chance to see it go!!

KAC
:D

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear such good things about the show - I'm going to see it for my birthday in April, can't wait now!! :Pinkbounc

Rhiannon :wizard:

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear such good things about the show - I'm going to see it for my birthday in April, can't wait now!! :Pinkbounc

We went to see it a couple of years ago - the costumes and scenery are amazing - we got a special offer through this site - http://www.whatsonstage.com/dl/page.php?page=comp&PHPSESSID=c061545dda2b6cdd0257845b06313ab0#M
which was one of the meal deals - although they seem to have stopped doing it.
I think the show would be a bit long for younger children (like me!) they could have cut out the ballet like sequence easily! However as a whole it was brilliant.
If you are in London (and totally off topic) Stomp is fantastic too!
Can't compare it with the Disney show as we didn't get to see it this time around - will try and get to see it later this year.
Liz

Thanks for that link, it's a shame they don't do a deal for the Lion King show anymore as there are some great deals on there for other plays - but I really want to see the Lion King!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter