The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

The pictures look great and loaded fast for me. I hope to make it Flower and Garden some day it looks so pretty.

Thanks for the feedback!

What sweet kitties!:lovestruc

Your pics are so vivid! Nice work!

Back in '03 we stayed in a 2br lockout at BWV. I can remember my then-15 YO son busting through those folding doors onto the bed and thinking that he was a real riot!

I wonder why the pictures are so much more vivid?

Does he now understand the error of his ways so many years later? I can't tell you how many different units I've stayed with that layout and that action has never occurred to me!

The new kitties are precious :love:

Your pictures of the topiaries and flowers are gorgeous!

Fingers crossed about your apartment.

Thank you Natasha is just adorable and Pryncess is becoming quite a cuddler.

Thanks, I just love all the topiaries at that time of year.

We actually got the apartment back early, it wasn't too bad. I'm waiting on the quote from the contractor.

So jealous of your new family members - we still have a few more weeks to wait for some kitten fun.

Yeah, but those weeks you'll be at Disney and on the Dream, so I don't have any pity for you! :lmao:

Photos load very nicely and are perfect size! LOL they just fit my screen.

Great!

Love all your topiary pics - so many wonderful memories from when we were there. Thank you for sharing.

It will be a couple years until we get back, during F&G so I'm glad we have lots of pictures.

and btw - hope your apartment is not too much work and that you find another tenant soon.

There will be some amount of work that I'll need to do myself, and it's going to be tedious. :headache: Most of it will be the contractor's job. I just hope it doesn't cost too much.

Your new family members look precious.

Thanks, they are. :)

Well done for getting what you wanted.

I'm just glad we got the French Lunch. Last year when we were trying with Jill it sold out pretty quick.

They all sound great.

We've done all of these before, so we know what to expect.

That sounds like a really good deal and will be very convenient.

Normally we wouldn't do much park hopping, but between Pandora and the F&W events I want to experience there are at least two busy and long days.

I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

They look fine to me. I am not the best person to ask about loading times as we have fibre broadband which is lightning quick anyway.

We do as well, so I've had no problems with any of the photo sizes byt it seems that some people have.

She is really cute.
Pictures looking good!

Thanks!

Caught back up again since I've been away due to Hell at Work the last few weeks. :(

Sorry about Hell at Work. I hope things look up today!

Your pictures looks great! I need to figure out how to pull my pics off of PB.

You don't have to take them off if you have them saved elsewhere, plus you can still view them, but others can't.

I am kinda interested in this too. Seriously, waiting for buses can be a real drag. Especially at night! I can totally see this if park hopping is involved!

@chunkymonkey has been doing it on her last two trips and now swears by it. Normally we don't park hop much, but I see us going back and forth between Epcot and AK at least a couple days, and that would make it worth the $60 total.

Picture perfect!! Been years since I've done a F&G. Need to do that again!

Yes you do!

I so love this picture of you! So happy and bouncy!

Thanks!

Ah the re-packing process. Been there and done that so many times. Sometimes with limited success. Sometimes with utter failure.

I've never had utter failure, but I have had more success on some occasions than others.

This is pure bliss! I would love to spend an entire evening on my room balcony with a bottle of wine someday!

I don't know about a whole evening, unless maybe you had a Boardwalk view. After an hour or so, I start to get bored, and a little tipsy....that's when it's time to go get dinner. Which will be the next update.

Pointing out the obvious that I don't see....

Obviously!

:rolleyes1

I told you in March I would take it into consideration....but there's a big difference between marriage and being part of a harem....in fact not sure I'd want to be married to someone with a harem....

But I'm letting you keep Fran. Is this not fair?
And not everyone gets this offer, you know.

Diabetes. Mostly.

ah

I believe that there are a few served by the glass somewhere I know of. When you come back, perhaps we could try one.

Okay!

Yes way! Of course, I'd a few glasses by the time that he stopped by our table!

z10DCAFWJL.jpg

Well, there's proof. And... just camera red-eye.

Well you like your 20 below temps so.....

There's a slight difference between "tolerate while cursing" and "like".

They never are. You get the worst of each company.

Yeah. My sister's company just got acquired. After 26 years, she's not sure if she'll keep her job.

Or you don't like Chihuahuas

Actually... I don't.

The Rainforest Room is Co-ed

That's what I was wondering.

I would imagine you might get a T-shirt.

Probably not. I typically only do HD shirts. (branded shirts/souvie shirts I mean)

While I do like burgers and hot dogs, if there is a fish or steak option, I'm going to take that one...

It really depends.... I'd say that would be true for me 90% of the time. But sometimes I just have a craving.

Nah, its a pretty sturdy shelf.

IMG_9785.jpg

I haven't seen a lot of those. Nice!

Was this recently? I didn't think you could do that since those employees are mostly paid from their gratuities.

No. It was several years ago. Probably10-15. Possibly more.

Well technically I had to buy the other five coffees to get the free one. Specialty Coffee Beverages are not "included" only the crappy coffee at the soda station.

So your free coffee that wasn't included in the cruise was free if you paid for five coffees.

I would like to give you some free items.

Well, a girl needs accomplishments.

And you've had some.

You accomplished making me your friend.

I'm very picky about my scrambled eggs. I've only found a couple places around here that can make them the way I like them, so I usually order them over easy. If I get them at all.

I'm the same way. Over easy. I give up on scrambled. Geez people! Fold the eggs. Put salt in. Don't overcook.
How hard is that?

It was almost as bad as being called Pippi Longstocking...

:laughing:

It's one of my favorite sausages.

Really!
Mine used to be a weiswurst that a local German butcher made here in town. But after about 50 years, it closed. Haven't found as good, since.

It had just a kick to it, enough that your mouth felt warm for a little while after eating it, but not on fire. I'm fairly wimpy, I do not eat Jalapenos, EVER.

I'm about the same.

You'll have to tell me how the photos in the next update work for you.

okay

We have a French bakery in a foo foo grocery store here.

What the heck is a foo foo grocery store?

They have quite a selection of French Macarons. I like to bring them for dessert when we go to the Hollywood Bowl.

Shoot. Wish I'd known when I was there with Kay. Ah well.

For whatever reason we are being hit with monsoonal moisture and our humidity has been over 80-90% for the past couple weeks. Combine that with temperatures in the 80's and 90s and Alison and Fran can be found hiding at home inside with the AC!

Ugh! Just... no!!!

If you know anyone in the market for a Bass Saxophone, we got one for you, mint condition!

Hmmm... I think Kay is leaning more towards her clarinet.
(So glad I bought her an alto sax)

But I'll ask. Although I suspect it's out of my price range.

We have two new family members, not by my choice,

Not by my choice. They were strays that you had to take in? Or Fran wanted? Or?

The other new one is Pryncess (she really needs a new name).

Yes.

One thing is that her previous owner never gave her canned cat food, so she is loving the buffet here.

No canned cat food???? Who does that?

Cute kitties, though.

Top priority was the French Family Traditions lunch at Monsieur Paul, then the Mexican Tequila lunch at La Hacienda, and finally the Mediterranean Lunch at Spice Road Table.

Nice! Those sound good.

We are also looking to purchase the Express Bus pass which takes you from inside one park to inside another park, thus bypassing security and other pesky entrance issues. It's $29pp for the entire week, and with the fact that we want to try and see as much of AK as we can, but also visit the kiosks, that service could come in very handy as we have at least two days where I want to go back and forth from AK to Epcot or vice versa.

I've heard of it. Not sure how much I'd use it. Haven't figured out what/when/where I'll be yet.
Focussed on Vancouver at the moment.

It does mean that when we rent the place we can charge several hundred dollars more than the previous tenant was paying. Hopefully the unit will rent quickly!

Good luck!

And one last housekeeping item. I sized the pictures a little smaller for this update. Anyone notice a lack in quality? Or an ease in loading?

Sorry. I was replying to your earlier comments so they loaded in the background.
I did notice that they're huge! Have you considered resizing?

we made our way back to the International Gateway seeking out more topiaries. We took a different route so we could see more topiaries.

Are you really into topiaries? Or just because it's something different?

I tried to get Fran to pose for some Photopass Photos, but she was tired and cranky and it was sort of hot, so I agreed that we could go back to the room

Uh, oh. Yep. Time to go.

:laughing: I love it! Great shot!

We went back to the room and Fran immediately fell asleep. I took pictures of the room.

Thanks for all the shots. Nice room!

Plus we had to nest that fifth suitcase inside it's larger counterpart for the flight home to avoid that $100 charge

Ah! Didn't know they nested. Nice.

Then there was the whole issue of laundry. We had accumulated enough dirty clothes that I could do another load, especially since we had a washer and dryer that were free!

And conveniently located in your room.

Back in the room, I poured a glass of wine and sat down on the bed.

Hmmm.......

It was 5PM and that was when we had said we would leave for Disney Springs.

..... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you fell asleep after your wine.

Mine used to be a weiswurst that a local German butcher made here in town. But after about 50 years, it closed. Haven't found as good, since.

Wow, you might be the first non-German I ever encountered who likes Weißwurst! One of my favourites as well. I wish I could offer to send you some, but they are only good fresh and customs would object. Did you get sweet mustard at the butcher, too?

Sorry. We're used to the humidity here, but it still makes us want to stay indoors.

I get that. We didn't have this humidity until the last few years.

I'm interested to see if that really creates good value and saves a lot of time.

I've read one person's TR who swears by it now. We'll have to see.

No problem for me!

Great!

So you put up a picture of Donald Duck instead. Clever! :rotfl2:

Well that was the PP stop where I was trying to get her to tO take the picture.

This is why I'm so glad to have Julie with me--she is the queen of packing!

I do OK, the hardest part for me is unpacking when we get home. The dirty clothes are easy. They go right into the wash, but the rest of the stuff takes me weeks to unpack.

Those are two fortunate , and adorable , kitties to have found their way to live with you and Fran.

They are lucky kitties, they get fed better than a lot of people I know!

But I'm letting you keep Fran. Is this not fair?
And not everyone gets this offer, you know.

Well, I suppose that's fair, and I'm flattered that you have made the offer....

There's a slight difference between "tolerate while cursing" and "like".

:lmao:

Probably not. I typically only do HD shirts. (branded shirts/souvie shirts I mean)

Yeah, Fran has quite a collection. I do too, but I have to really like the shirt now to buy it. I have no more room for T-shirts.

It really depends.... I'd say that would be true for me 90% of the time. But sometimes I just have a craving.

Well since we had eaten from the QS place a number of times on this trip, I wanted something a little better. I did still take the hot dog. :rolleyes1

So your free coffee that wasn't included in the cruise was free if you paid for five coffees.

Yes, just like any loyalty program at any other store where you buy five get the sixth free.

I would like to give you some free items.

:hyper:

And you've had some.

You accomplished making me your friend.

:flower3:

I'm the same way. Over easy. I give up on scrambled. Geez people! Fold the eggs. Put salt in. Don't overcook.
How hard is that?

It sounds like you and I cook our eggs the same way. I add a little milk as well.

Really!

Weisswurst is good, if it's well made, I like it better than bratwurst.

What the heck is a foo foo grocery store?

Hoity toity? Super chic? The kind of place Mark would never shop at? Everything is organic, twice the price of a normal grocery store...

Shoot. Wish I'd known when I was there with Kay. Ah well.

You didn't tell me you were going to Long Beach until after you went. Besides the grocery store is on the complete other side of town from where you went.

Hmmm... I think Kay is leaning more towards her clarinet.
(So glad I bought her an alto sax)

But I'll ask. Although I suspect it's out of my price range.

You might be able to buy her a used car for the price. :rolleyes1

Not by my choice. They were strays that you had to take in? Or Fran wanted? Or?

Cats that Fran found on Craigslist that needed homes. Even today she asked if we could take in another. I had to say, "NO!"

I've heard of it. Not sure how much I'd use it. Haven't figured out what/when/where I'll be yet.
Focussed on Vancouver at the moment.

I would think you might use it more than we would, you're the rope drop to park close guy.

Sorry. I was replying to your earlier comments so they loaded in the background.
I did notice that they're huge! Have you considered resizing?

Did you not read my email where I explained how I tediously saved the pictures for the web in photoshop. This last update I saved them with low resolution. The finished image was about 500KB as opposed to 5500KB.

Are you really into topiaries? Or just because it's something different?

It's a Flower & Garden Festival thing. Each country in Epcot has special topiaries for characters appropriate to said country.

:laughing: I love it! Great shot!

Thanks!

Thanks for all the shots. Nice room!

I love DVC one bedroom units!

Ah! Didn't know they nested. Nice.

Luckily the small one I brought was from the same set as one of the others.

And conveniently located in your room.

That too.

.... I'm gonna go out on
a limb and say you fell asleep after your wine.

Likely not. I rarely fall asleep during the day. And this was only at the beginning of my Mahjong addiction.

Wow, you might be the first non-German I ever encountered who likes Weißwurst! One of my favourites as well. I wish I could offer to send you some, but they are only good fresh and customs would object. Did you get sweet mustard at the butcher, too?
How much of a non-German do I have to be? My Dad moved here from ze Fatherland when he was a young man (1950 I believe)
There's a shop here that makes it... but the consistency is almost like a pudding. Nope!
My folks never got any mustard other than the yellow mustard you get everywhere.
I have occasionally bought better mustards... but I'm the only one who would eat it.

But.... thanks for the offer! I would soooo take you up on it... including paying for it.

Well, I suppose that's fair, and I'm flattered that you have made the offer....

:goodvibes

Yeah, Fran has quite a collection. I do too, but I have to really like the shirt now to buy it. I have no more room for T-shirts.

I have two criteria now.
I have to really like it and it has to be from one of the more "known" stores.
i.e. I bought one from Chicago HD, but not from "Joe's HD... conveniently located in the middle of nowheresville."

Well since we had eaten from the QS place a number of times on this trip, I wanted something a little better

Good point.

I did still take the hot dog. :rolleyes1

Yes, just like any loyalty program at any other store where you buy five get the sixth free.

Yep... That's how they getcha.

::yes:: Just buy five of what I'm selling and the sixth one is free!!

:hug:

It sounds like you and I cook our eggs the same way. I add a little milk as well.

That I don't do... but I'm not opposed to it.

Weisswurst is good, if it's well made, I like it better than bratwurst.

Big "if".

Hoity toity? Super chic? The kind of place Mark would never shop at? Everything is organic, twice the price of a normal grocery store...

Gotcha. I like those. You can find some amazing things in them.

You didn't tell me you were going to Long Beach until after you went.

Oh. well... there's that.

Besides the grocery store is on the complete other side of town from where you went.

The other side. Please tell me not between where we were and The Annabella.

You might be able to buy her a used car for the price. :rolleyes1

Oops.

She can keep playing the one she's got.

Cats that Fran found on Craigslist that needed homes. Even today she asked if we could take in another. I had to say, "NO!"

She's going looking for them???

Well... I'll definitely say she has a good heart.

I would think you might use it more than we would, you're the rope drop to park close guy.

Hmmmm... maybe....

I'm actually thinking of slowing down quite a bit.
It's not like I haven't been recently.

When I used to go once every 10 years.... it made sense.
But I've been a few times in recent years, so.....

Did you not read my email where I explained how I tediously saved the pictures for the web in photoshop. This last update I saved them with low resolution. The finished image was about 500KB as opposed to 5500KB.

Oh, shoot. Sorry Alison.
TBH, I haven't gotten back to those yet. I'm trying to catch up here first.

Resolution isn't the issue. It's size.
You can have a photo that 11" X 14" with a low resolution. You can also have a small photo with a high resolution.
If you have photoshop, change the canvas size. I use (just an fyi, you can pick whatever you want) 5X7" at 200dpi.

It's a Flower & Garden Festival thing. Each country in Epcot has special topiaries for characters appropriate to said country.

Yes, I get that. But even then... I don't care for topiaries. I'll glance at them and move on.
I was wondering if you were particularly liking the topiaries, regardless of why they were there.

Likely not. I rarely fall asleep during the day. And this was only at the beginning of my Mahjong addiction.

ah

How much of a non-German do I have to be? My Dad moved here from ze Fatherland when he was a young man (1950 I believe)
There's a shop here that makes it... but the consistency is almost like a pudding. Nope!
My folks never got any mustard other than the yellow mustard you get everywhere.
I have occasionally bought better mustards... but I'm the only one who would eat it.

But.... thanks for the offer! I would soooo take you up on it... including paying for it.

I think with regard to the Weißwurst it is a question of whether you were introduced to I think at a young age to be counted as "German". :rotfl2: It seems that the older people get the more easily they find the colour offputting.

And the consistency. In Munich (where it originates from) they are rather soft, because you are supposed to suck them out of the casing. Maybe that is what your local shop tries to emulate. However, it should not be pudding like!

Sweet mustard is definitely best with them. I am pretty sure they have it at the shop in Germany in Epcot. And the last time I was at Biergarten in Epcot they served Weißwurst there and it was a decent one.

Traditionally they are eaten as a late morning snack since they are not supposed to hear the bells strike noon (a rule from the times before refrigerators were invented). They are served with sweet mustard, pretzel and a wheat beer.

I'm not sure how "non-German" I am as my Grandfather's family emigrated here from Germany before he was born in 1906, but I really like Weißwurst as well. Although I had not had it until Fran and I started going out and she started taking me to German restaurants.

I have two criteria now.
I have to really like it and it has to be from one of the more "known" stores.
i.e. I bought one from Chicago HD, but not from "Joe's HD... conveniently located in the middle of nowheresville."

I actually prefer the ones from nowheresville. And they have to look good on me. I prefer tank tops to T-shirts.

::yes:: Just buy five of what I'm selling and the sixth one is free!!

::yes::

Gotcha. I like those. You can find some amazing things in them.

We do too! We often end up taking home all kinds of new and unique groceries from places like that when we find them on our road trips.

The other side. Please tell me not between where we were and The Annabella.

Probably about less than 7 miles from the QM. Google says it's about 25 minutes taking the scenic route.

Oops.

She can keep playing the one she's got.

Yeah, the Bass takes some weight lifting training to play.

She's going looking for them???

Well... I'll definitely say she has a good heart.

I don't know what she is doing, but she constantly asks me, "Can we take a such and such colored, X year old cat?" I really didn't want to take any more, but both of the two we got are real sweethearts. I'm just afraid that someday the city will figure out how many cats we have and make us give some up.

Hmmmm... maybe....

I'm actually thinking of slowing down quite a bit.
It's not like I haven't been recently.

When I used to go once every 10 years.... it made sense.
But I've been a few times in recent years, so.....

Well I hope you take the time to slow down a bit because there is a lot of joy in that as well.

Oh, shoot. Sorry Alison.
TBH, I haven't gotten back to those yet. I'm trying to catch up here first.

Resolution isn't the issue. It's size.
You can have a photo that 11" X 14" with a low resolution. You can also have a small photo with a high resolution.
If you have photoshop, change the canvas size. I use (just an fyi, you can pick whatever you want) 5X7" at 200dpi.

OK, I experimented with that on my next update for the other TR. The only option I had was to adjust the picture size in pixels or just percentage of the original image. I'm going to try 65% for that next update and see how that goes. The picture looks small on my photoshop screen.

Yes, I get that. But even then... I don't care for topiaries. I'll glance at them and move on.
I was wondering if you were particularly liking the topiaries, regardless of why they were there.

I think they are amazing, just like the Rose Parade floats. How they get all the different textures and colors for all the characters, it's so cool.

I think with regard to the Weißwurst it is a question of whether you were introduced to I think at a young age to be counted as "German". :rotfl2: It seems that the older people get the more easily they find the colour offputting.

And the consistency. In Munich (where it originates from) they are rather soft, because you are supposed to suck them out of the casing. Maybe that is what your local shop tries to emulate. However, it should not be pudding like!

Sweet mustard is definitely best with them. I am pretty sure they have it at the shop in Germany in Epcot. And the last time I was at Biergarten in Epcot they served Weißwurst there and it was a decent one.

Traditionally they are eaten as a late morning snack since they are not supposed to hear the bells strike noon (a rule from the times before refrigerators were invented). They are served with sweet mustard, pretzel and a wheat beer.

I had no problem with the color, and liked the mild flavor. I appreciate the history of how it should be eaten and when as well. Although that is interesting that it should be eaten before noon, but with a beer. Us Americans normally wait until 5PM for that unless you are an executive enjoying a three martini lunch.

By the time we left the room it was 20 minutes until 6PM. Our dinner reservation at Paddlefish was at 7PM so we had some time. In fact the bus arrived promptly and we were at Disney Springs by 6:20.

z17FC0304DS01.jpg

z17FC0304DS02.jpg

Pam was still trying to find a place to park so we headed over to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar for a drink.

z17FC0304DS03.jpg

z17FC0304DS04.jpg

The place was pretty cool. It was fairly packed, so I mostly took shots up high so that I wasn’t stalking random people in my photos.

z17FC0304DS05.jpg

z17FC0304DS06.jpg

z17FC0304DS16.jpg

z17FC0304DS07.jpg

z17FC0304DS08.jpg

z17FC0304DS09.jpg

I got a Reggie’s Revenge.

z17FC0304DS10.jpg

And it was poured from this cool glowing dispenser, not the beer taps in the way. I really liked this one, it was fruity, but not overly sweet.

z17FC0304DS11.jpg

z17FC0304DS12.jpg

She got a Cool Headed Monkey

z17FC0304DS13.jpg

And liked the mug so much she picked up the souvie mug.

z17FC0304DS14.jpg

We finished our drinks and Pam texted that she was almost at the bar and to wait for her there instead of heading over to the restaurant.

z17FC0304DS15.jpg

Shortly thereafter we were on our way to Paddlefish. They told us it would be a wait, but before I could even sit down, they were calling our name. We were seated, given our menus and proceeded to figure out our order.

z17FC0304DS18.jpg

z17FC0304DS19.jpg

z17FC0304DS20.jpg

Here is a view of the room we were in….

z17FC0304DS21.jpg

The chef came to the table to help Pam with her choices on the menu.

z17FC0304DS22.jpg

Fran and I ordered the lobster corn dogs, and were disappointed. At Fulton's they were tempura battered, now they had a very corn mealy kind of batter. They were not nearly as good.

z17FC0304DS023.jpg

Pam and I split the large Caesar salad and had it served “deconstructed”. That way she could have her own dressing and didn't have to eat the croutons.

z17FC0304DS24.jpg

Fran got the Clam Chowder and it was very good. She let me have a taste.

z17FC0304DS25.jpg

We split the Catch of the Day, which was Mahi Mahi, and had it prepared Mueniere style. This was fantastic! The fish was cooked perfectly and the sauce was just delicious.

z17FC0304DS26.jpg

Pam also got the Catch of the Day but had hers prepared Cajun, I think, unless it was the bottom one on the menu that I can’t read. She ended up scraping off all the black stuff as it was super spicy.

z17FC0304DS27.jpg

She also ordered a side of Brussels sprouts without the bacon. They were very well prepared I ate a few, but there was a ton of them! Fran even tried a small leaf from one of them, but her comment was “eh”.

z17FC0304DS28.jpg

We declined dessert on account of “being good”, but that didn't last for long.

Pam had always wanted to try this Gelato shop and she offered to treat.

z17FC0304DS29.jpg

She got coconut, blech!

z17FC0304DS30.jpg

z17FC0304DS31.jpg

I got salted caramel and Stracciatella (chocolate chip).

z17FC0304DS33.jpg

Fran got strawberry, she was feeling fresh and fruity.

z17FC0304DS32.jpg

Since Pam was parked in a lot beyond the bus stops, she walked with us until we reached our bus stop and waited with us until the bus came. When we got back to the room Fran got into bed and turned on the TV. I got in the tub and opened the shutters so that I could read the captions while she watched SNL. I don't know what times will be like by the time this chapter gets posted but as a write my notes during the trip, the only thing in the last few weeks that is great again is that show. Now that I’m posting this, all I can say is WOW!

As much as I enjoy my baths, my body and mind were too tired to truly enjoy the tub. I'd been up nearly 18 hours and walked more than I'm sure I have in a long long timel

I think I may have even fallen asleep in bed with my glasses on that night.

I actually prefer the ones from nowheresville.

Interesting...

You know... I started thinking.
For me, I like the "big" ones because others can relate.
"Oh! You went to Chicago." Instead of "where's nowheresville?"
But!
I do like nowheresville if they have a cool name.
So I won't buy "Bob's HD" but I will buy "Blacksheep HD".

And they have to look good on me. I prefer tank tops to T-shirts.

I have to like the shirt too. Something interesting on the front or rear graphic.
Otherwise it's a no-go.

Probably about less than 7 miles from the QM. Google says it's about 25 minutes taking the scenic route.

Well... poop.

Yeah, the Bass takes some weight lifting training to play.

Nope. Not into weight training either!

I don't know what she is doing, but she constantly asks me, "Can we take a such and such colored, X year old cat?" I really didn't want to take any more, but both of the two we got are real sweethearts. I'm just afraid that someday the city will figure out how many cats we have and make us give some up.

So... are you officially a crazy cat lady, then?

Well I hope you take the time to slow down a bit because there is a lot of joy in that as well.

That's the plan, ma'am. :)

OK, I experimented with that on my next update for the other TR. The only option I had was to adjust the picture size in pixels or just percentage of the original image. I'm going to try 65% for that next update and see how that goes. The picture looks small on my photoshop screen.

Good luck!

I think they are amazing, just like the Rose Parade floats. How they get all the different textures and colors for all the characters, it's so cool.

Interesting. I guess I'm more of a "natural" nature lover. To me, the topiaries are too obviously man made.

And yet.... I love Japanese gardens... they are obviously created... but they are meant to look natural.
Does that make sense?

Our dinner reservation at Paddlefish was at 7PM

Don't think I'm familiar with that one. Is it new?

In fact the bus arrived promptly and we were at Disney Springs by 6:20.

Nice!

Pretty.

Pam was still trying to find a place to park so we headed over to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar for a drink.

This place is on my to-do list.
Thanks for all the photos!

It was fairly packed, so I mostly took shots up high so that I wasn’t stalking random people in my photos.

Oh, no. Shoot the people. Then if you notice anyone scowling at you, tell them you're only posting the photos on a public forum.

They really like that.

:rolleyes1

I got a Reggie’s Revenge.

Yum! That sounds good!
I put it on my list. :)

And it was poured from this cool glowing dispenser

Cool!

And liked the mug so much she picked up the souvie mug.

::yes:: It's a cool mug. Not surprised.

hmmm... "on the deck".
Does that mean they pour it out on the table?
Or is this place too hoity toity for that?
If the former, I think I need to go there.
If the latter... I still might.

Here is a view of the room we were in….

Oh! That's not at all what I expected.
So.... more hoity toity.

Fran and I ordered the lobster corn dogs, and were disappointed. At Fulton's they were tempura battered, now they had a very corn mealy kind of batter. They were not nearly as good.

:( Poop. I was all :hyper: when you mentioned lobster corn dogs and saw the photo.

Disappointing.

Pam and I split the large Caesar salad and had it served “deconstructed”. That way she could have her own dressing and didn't have to eat the croutons.

Nice that you could do that to share.

Fran got the Clam Chowder and it was very good. She let me have a taste.

This place has just gone up in my to do list.
Love a good clam chowder!

We split the Catch of the Day, which was Mahi Mahi, and had it prepared Mueniere style.

Yum!

She ended up scraping off all the black stuff as it was super spicy.

A little too Cajun, huh?

She also ordered a side of Brussels sprouts without the bacon.

No!
Nonononononononononono!!!!!!!!!

Fran even tried a small leaf from one of them, but her comment was “eh”.

My comment would've been a bit more..... vigorous.

We declined dessert on account of “being good”, but that didn't last for long.

She got coconut, blech!

:crazy2:

I got salted caramel and Stracciatella (chocolate chip).

The latter is Kay's fave.

Fran got strawberry, she was feeling fresh and fruity.

:laughing: Okay!

As much as I enjoy my baths, my body and mind were too tired to truly enjoy the tub. I'd been up nearly 18 hours and walked more than I'm sure I have in a long long timel

Awwwwww.... poor Alison.

:hug:

I've got to spend more time at Disney Springs! The new restaurants and bars are all so cool. You dinner looked delicious! And the gelato looked amazing!

Jill in CO

That bar looks amazing! And the drinks were served in such cute containers.

I think that I would have loved the chowder and brussel sprouts, although that was a really large portion of sprouts for one person!

I had coconut gelato every time when I was in Barcelona and Rome!

That was such a fun night!!! :)

The Hanger Bar looks too cool, I must go in there at some point. I like the mug!

Dinner was soooo delicious! And so lovely to spend time with you and Fran as always :)

Yes, the Cajun was too Cajun, whew! it burned my tongue! I should have gotten the lemon butter one, but the fish was cooked very well. The brussel sprouts were so yummy, but a huge portion. I took the rest home and ate them the next day. They were even yummier popcorn:: cooked perfectly and all that yummy cheese! and that gelato, I need to get back there too popcorn::

Love the update!

Great that a bus took you to DS quickly. Love the idea of having a drink - yours looks yummy, and I am sure Tom would enjoy Fran's ....... and I guess we would take the souvenir cup home too. :rotfl2:

Food looks great!! We have not been to Paddlefish and won't be going this summer, but your photos really make me regret not making an ADR. Lovely seeing Pam again in your pics - can't wait to see her in 16 days!! And then we can all count down to our 2018 trip. party:

Sounds like a lovely evening at Disney Springs! I walked through Paddlefish in December and thought it looked very bland. Stylish, but bland. And considering that I am not the biggest sea food eater in the world, I know I will most likely never end up there. Especially with all the other far more interesting (to me) restaurants in Disney Springs. So, it was really nice to sea it via your trip report!

The gelato looks delicious - Michael has been telling me about this place and how good it is.

The pictures are still really large! They display in a decent size, but that is only due to the DISboards software that automatically adjusts the display size. If you click on one of the images, it will expand to the full size and that is massive. I also looked at the file size of one of the pictures and it comes out to 500KB. So, one post with 33 pictures as above comes out to 16MB just in picture data. That is a lot of data!! And it must take you a lot of time to upload those pictures, too, I would guess.

I wish I could help you better with how to shrink the pictures. But I am on a Mac and just use the photo programm that comes with it. There I have the option to export pictures in different sizes. I am sure your program has a similar function, I just have no idea what it is called and how to use it.

Ok, I went and had a look at the online handbook for photoshop (since that is what you seem to use) and I think this page here explains it:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/export-artboards-layers.html It appears that in the "Export As" menu you can choose the canvas size as @pkondz mentioned. According to the screen shot it would be on the right hand side, kind of in the middle. Maybe this helps a little!

Food looks great!! We have not been to Paddlefish and won't be going this summer, but your photos really make me regret not making an ADR.

Its really worth it, I'd like to get back for those brussel sprouts alone! popcorn::

Lovely seeing Pam again in your pics - can't wait to see her in 16 days!! And then we can all count down to our 2018 trip. party:

I'm ready!!!

party: party: party:

Well folks, I just thought I would pop in here to say that I probably won't be around for about a week or so. We're at the airport now heading off on a long weekend in Denver with @jedijill. I left my computer at home, just brought the tablet and the phone. I have the resources to do an update to the other TR if I want to (Fran has her computer, and I uploaded the resized photos), but I'll probably just relax and kick back.

See ya in a few!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!