The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

That's it for now! But I'm almost all caught up. :)

My first post (this one) has full sized images. They are slower loading, so for the second post, I optimized them for the web. Please let me know if you notice a difference between the resolution and load time for each of the posts.

I looked at work and at home.

A bit tough to compare, since depending on what ad you get at the bottom, the page may or may not work anyway.
I refreshed a couple of times and...
At work, the photos were huge, but loaded fairly quickly.

At home they took forever.

We were seated almost immediately at Le Chefs de France.

One place I haven't been.... but would like to.

We always end up with too much food from here, and this time we tried not to have that problem.

"tried" being the operative word.

I got the Onion Soup gratinee’. This soup ran circles around the one I had on the cruise line.

Okay. I'm sold. I have to go here asap.

She got the lobster Bisque and really enjoyed that one as well.

mmmm.... how was it?
I may have the bisque as an appetizer and the onion soup as my main!

I tried really hard to finish it, but there was no chance.

Good effort, though!

When we had passed the France kiosk earlier in the day we decided to share a Macaron for dessert.

First one I ever had.... I bought two one for me and one for Kay, in Paris. She fell in love.
Love isn't a strong enough word for how much she liked it.

It was a raspberry macaron with fudge filling. Unfortunately the fudge was so strong that it overpowered the raspberry flavor and you couldn't taste that at all.

too bad.

I also got a Grey Goose Le Vie en Rose slushy.

How did it compare to the other one?

I love what they do to the International Gateway during this Festival.

Pretty!

These people really annoyed me. I wanted a picture without anyone in it, but they refused to leave.

Hate that. "Okay. You've seen it... now go ride some rides or something!"

Another photo op that I waited forever to get a shot without people. I should have photoshopped out the guy’s shadow!

Nah. It's fine. :)

So here's what I ask of you. My first post (this one) has full sized images. They are slower loading, so for the second post, I optimized them for the web. Please let me know if you notice a difference between the resolution and load time for each of the posts.

I didn't notice any problems with either post. Seemed to load right away for me.

I had a pretty good idea what we wanted. We always end up with too much food from here, and this time we tried not to have that problem.

But calories don't count on vacation!

I love what they do to the International Gateway during this Festival.

Me too. I wish they'd do that all year, because it looks absolutely stunning.

These people really annoyed me. I wanted a picture without anyone in it, but they refused to leave.

I hate that! It happens so often. I try to be patient, but there are times when I just give up like you did.

I am not sure about on the Fantasy, but on the Magic and Wonder, you can adjust the temperature on the fog shower and the one with the jets, but not on the rain shower.

Hmmm....well I plan on getting the pass for the week on this next cruise, so I will have to check it out.

I think because it is so flat, sound travels further. Our friends are about 15 minutes away from the entrance of Magic Kingdom.

That could very well be.

Yes, I am always a little nervous when I see this combination as I am not sure how well they clean the machines between different flavours.

I'm sure that they clean them thoroughly, Disney always goes well above and beyond.

That sounds amazing. What a shame that this combination did not really work.

It was still good, it just could have just as well been a Chocolate Macaron since the raspberry wasn't present.

It was deja vu with your update! I'm glad your soups were awesome like ours were!

You got some great photos of the festival displays!

They were awesome! Thanks, you have to have patience when it comes to pictures at WDW.

Photos are only slightly slower loading, but they look great! If it saves you $400 it's a perfect solution. That macaron looks good but looks awfully small for $4.75. But we all gladly pay it, don't we? Love those slushies.

Thanks for the input. I saved them a little smaller for the next update, we'll see how that works.

I had no issues with the photos loading (our internet is VERY fast) so ......:confused3:thumbsup2

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a La Vie en Rose slushy in January *sob*

They didn't have it in January, it was only a Flower and Garden item.

Such gorgeous photos of the topiaries. I'd say with the amount of people that I'm sure were there that day you did a great job of getting empty/nearly empty photos! Perhaps 'bumping' into people with the scooter may make them move out of the way a little sooner :confused3 :rotfl:

Either that or get you chewed out...

Pics worked out great! And you did an admirable job of getting them people free!

Thanks, it did take some waiting to do that!

They are loading fine - my only issue is that some are too big for my screen (working from a laptop). LOL

Thanks for the feedback, as I said above, I made them smaller for the next update.

I have to say that the pics are loading very slowly for me (can't tell a difference between the two posts though as it affects everything on one webpage).

Hopefully the next update will be easier for you to load.

I have had issues with pics loading slowly on my ipad before and will give it a try on that as well (currently at work PC). I fear that there I will notice it very much. I have often trouble when people post lots of pictures on it already.

OK, so next time I hope you can see it from your iPad.

The photos are loading fine for me, and the clarity is good. Very much enjoying your trip report (as always). The topiary photos are lovely!

Thanks for the feedback. I did notice that these pictures were more clear than the ones from Photobucket.

Ok good to know about the slushy (re: only during Food and Wine). Just means I MUST experience Food and Wine at some point :thumbsup2

See I'm a couple chapters behind, but am slowly catching up. I have both your threads left as I saved the best for last this time. Will be back after dinner maybe or tomorrow. :) Hope you're having a fabulous day so far!!

Not sure how long ago you wrote this, but both reports will still be there, I'm slowing pushing along with them, but not making a lot of progress.

No problem loading the pictures on my phone and they look great.

Thanks!

That lunch! :faint: popcorn::

How sad about the macaron, I've had that one several times and the raspberry is always very distinct. Love it!

Perhaps we just got a batch of extra strong fudge or overly weak raspberry stuff.

Aren't those topiaries fantastic!!! I especially liked the Pooh ones this year.

Boo on the people who wouldn't move.

I love the F&G season with all those topiaries, we're planning to go back with my parents in 2019.

Love Flower and Garden photos!

Slight slowness with the pics loading but nothing significant--really see the details in the bigger pics.

Thanks! I'm going to see if a slightly smaller resolution works better for some people.

Well, I am sorry to report this, but the thread would not load at all on my ipad. Yes, it is already 4 years old. But this was even slower than other picture heavy posts.

Hope you have good luck with all your F&W bookings today!

Well that's a bummer. You'll have to let me know how the next update goes. I've saved the pictures a little smaller for that one.

All the pics worked Great for me on my iPad! I'm so glad the travel ban has been lifted ... I love reading your trip reports!

Now we just have to finish getting out of the old house. We are so close, only a few pieces of furniture left....

Makes sense. With all those light sabers, it'd be real easy to cut off a limb or something.

You're right! I'm lucky I didn't lose a limb!

<Alison has sudden seizure>

:faint:

That's why I'm here.

Pointing out the obvious that I don't see....

Yes! Exactly this!
Are you sure you won't marry me?

I told you in March I would take it into consideration....but there's a big difference between marriage and being part of a harem....in fact not sure I'd want to be married to someone with a harem....

Really! Why?

Diabetes. Mostly.

I believe that there are a few served by the glass somewhere I know of. When you come back, perhaps we could try one.

I dunno... I'm extremely sensitive. I don't have a great sense of smell or taste I don't think.... except in that department.

Yeah, you did smell it in my drink at Trader Sams and I couldn't taste it.

No. Way!!!!

Yes way! Of course, I'd a few glasses by the time that he stopped by our table!

z10DCAFWJL.jpg

Nice! Didn't know that.
(Must get my cameras fixed... er... uh.... How could I possibly know that?)

:rolleyes1

That makes zero sense if you can take buffet items.

I know.

Ugh. Just... no.

Well you like your 20 below temps so.....

:sad2:

Mergers are supposed to be a good thing, aren't they?

They never are. You get the worst of each company.

Hmm... You never know. I still need to check on a few things.

Well.....

I'm apparently out of the loop.

Or you don't like Chihuahuas

:lmao: I meant the other areas! Or are the all gender specific?

The Rainforest Room is Co-ed the locker rooms are obviously not....

I wouldn't know. I didn't see them for sale anywhere.

I wonder if Disney has had them custom made.

Ah. I guess unless there's a tropical storm or hurricane.

True.

Oh. Hmmm... I wonder if I'd get anything.... not a big souvie fan.

I would imagine you might get a T-shirt.

Would for me too.

While I do like burgers and hot dogs, if there is a fish or steak option, I'm going to take that one...

Guess you'll just have to go on more trips!

Good thing we lifted the Travel Ban!

I'm usually not a fan either. But if there's nothing else... and I want ice cream....

They did have some cookies or spice bread, some sort of baked goods, but it was sort of hot. Cold ice cream sounded good.

<shelf buckles and crashes to the floor from the immense weight resting upon it.>

Nah, its a pretty sturdy shelf.

IMG_9785.jpg

Actually, yes you can. Perhaps not on Disney, but on whatever cruise line she was on. She went and insisted they lower it.

:sad2:

My mom: Calculated 15% on the sub-total before taxes and tips exactly that amount. or close to it.
Me: Roughly calculates 20% of the total after taxes and usually adds on more to that.

Was this recently? I didn't think you could do that since those employees are mostly paid from their gratuities.

Guy or girl, I probably won't get in.

Wait... is she super hot? Then I'm getting in.... and she's getting out!

:rotfl2:

But it wasn't offered. I'd know. I would've ordered it. ;)

The only time they served it was for the 50th Anniversary party. No reservations required that day, you could just drop in and they made tons of them, they were literally serving it off the buffet (back when they had a beautiful buffet). One would be served and the next one would come out.

Ok, is those two pictures were perfect! Let's see how the whole update goes! And sorry, I know that I owe you an email! Will try to get to it tomorrow!!

Free... How much did this cruise cost for your "free" cup of coffee? ;)

Well technically I had to buy the other five coffees to get the free one. Specialty Coffee Beverages are not "included" only the crappy coffee at the soda station.

I think it's cute you're so proud of that! :laughing:

Well, a girl needs accomplishments. Starbucks doesn't give me anything. Even McDonald's has a loyalty program on their app. I just don't drink their iced coffee very often to get the free one.

Were you happy about that, or sad?

Indifferent. They weren't a bother or anything, but not interesting enough to miss them.

I'm very torn. I love good scrambled eggs... but they're almost impossible to find prepared correctly.
So my go to (especially if I have toast for dipping) is over easy.

I'm very picky about my scrambled eggs. I've only found a couple places around here that can make them the way I like them, so I usually order them over easy. If I get them at all.

:sad2: Good thing you weren't at Prime Time.

:laughing:

:laughing: You liked that, didn't you.

It was almost as bad as being called Pippi Longstocking...

The stuff nightmares are made of.

:lmao:

I wouldn't' think so, that early.

No we certainly didn't expect it, That's why I made the lunch reservation.

Aren't those good?!?! I had my first on my trip with Kay.

Yes it was really good! I'd have another one!

Me too. I had to Google what a Merguez was. I'd try that!

It's one of my favorite sausages. The ones we have now (in the freezer) aren't too spicy, the one at the kiosk was much spicier.

I wonder. Super spicy? Or just a bit hot?
I might like it. I'd certainly give it a shot.

It had just a kick to it, enough that your mouth felt warm for a little while after eating it, but not on fire. I'm fairly wimpy, I do not eat Jalapenos, EVER.

:goodvibes Well that's good!

Yeah, needs more meat is something you could almost always say, at least with a main course.

Love Taiko drumming. We have a very good one here in Winnipeg.
Also, I have a cousin who just recently went to Japan for a Taiko workshop.

I'm sure we have some in Little Tokyo, but in my neck of the woods, there are more Thai and Cambodian folks.

You're just crazy.

;)

Thanks for that!

That's it for now! But I'm almost all caught up. :)

And now I'm getting there!

I looked at work and at home.

A bit tough to compare, since depending on what ad you get at the bottom, the page may or may not work anyway.
I refreshed a couple of times and...
At work, the photos were huge, but loaded fairly quickly.

At home they took forever.

You'll have to tell me how the photos in the next update work for you.

One place I haven't been.... but would like to.

I'm pretty sure you'd like it!

"tried" being the operative word.

Yeah the only way we're going to finish something is if it's an appetizer.

Okay. I'm sold. I have to go here asap.

Yes you do!

mmmm.... how was it?
I may have the bisque as an appetizer and the onion soup as my main!

She ate it all, and she's ordered it before, so I'm pretty sure she liked it.

First one I ever had.... I bought two one for me and one for Kay, in Paris. She fell in love.
Love isn't a strong enough word for how much she liked it.

We have a French bakery in a foo foo grocery store here. They have quite a selection of French Macarons. I like to bring them for dessert when we go to the Hollywood Bowl.

How did it compare to the other one?

I liked the Grand Marnier one better.

Hate that. "Okay. You've seen it... now go ride some rides or something!"

Exactly!

I didn't notice any problems with either post. Seemed to load right away for me.

Thanks, so the next one should load even easier!

But calories don't count on vacation!

Well sure, but then why do I always come home 7-10 pounds heavier?

Me too. I wish they'd do that all year, because it looks absolutely stunning.

I know! It looks so cool. I can't remember what it looks like the rest of the year, but the F&G stuff looks so cool!

I hate that! It happens so often. I try to be patient, but there are times when I just give up like you did.

Yeah, I can be really patient and sit for a while.

Ok good to know about the slushy (re: only during Food and Wine). Just means I MUST experience Food and Wine at some point :thumbsup2

Actually there is a different slushie during F&W. The La Vie en Rose is only available during Flower & Garden Festival.

I like your souvenir cup shelf :)

Thanks!

Ok, is those two pictures were perfect! Let's see how the whole update goes! And sorry, I know that I owe you an email! Will try to get to it tomorrow!!

Cool I hope the update works as easily! Now I owe you an email!

So here we are with another IRL update….Absolutely nothing has occurred with respect to the old place since the last time I posted about it. The weather here has been absolutely awful. We used to live in a desert where you could say when it got hot, “but it's a dry heat.” That is no longer the case, climate change is obviously real. For whatever reason we are being hit with monsoonal moisture and our humidity has been over 80-90% for the past couple weeks. Combine that with temperatures in the 80's and 90s and Alison and Fran can be found hiding at home inside with the AC! The good news about that is we have been selling lots of stuff on eBay. If you know anyone in the market for a Bass Saxophone, we got one for you, mint condition!

We have two new family members, not by my choice, but they are very sweet kitties in their defense. Natasha is a tiny little girl, she's full grown and has taken over Olga’s suite. She has no desire to mingle with the rest of the herd, so we end up spending time watching TV in there with her for a few hours each day.

Natasha.jpg

The other new one is Pryncess (she really needs a new name). She's a big girl, and probably 5-6 years old. She is settling in with the herd, but very tentatively. Tesla is fiercely jealous of her and we still hear a bit of hissing and fighting every so often, but for the most part she keeps to herself. One thing is that her previous owner never gave her canned cat food, so she is loving the buffet here.

Pryncess.jpg

Many of you have posted on your own PTRs about the opening of F&W booking this past week. I too was up early that morning and was able to get all three events I wanted. Top priority was the French Family Traditions lunch at Monsieur Paul, then the Mexican Tequila lunch at La Hacienda, and finally the Mediterranean Lunch at Spice Road Table. I haven't looked at the lower cost demos, bit even if I wanted to do any of them, I'm not sure where we would have time for those.

We are also looking to purchase the Express Bus pass which takes you from inside one park to inside another park, thus bypassing security and other pesky entrance issues. It's $29pp for the entire week, and with the fact that we want to try and see as much of AK as we can, but also visit the kiosks, that service could come in very handy as we have at least two days where I want to go back and forth from AK to Epcot or vice versa.

On another apartment front, we had a tenant turn in their keys for an apartment Saturday, so there is another vacancy that needs to be fixed up. It’s not in terrible shape, there is a bit that needs to be done, some at the tenant’s expense, some is normal wear and tear. It does mean that when we rent the place we can charge several hundred dollars more than the previous tenant was paying. Hopefully the unit will rent quickly! It’s nice, and has a patio as well as a lot of storage in the kitchen. If you know anyone who is looking for a place in Long Beach, send them our way!

And one last housekeeping item. I sized the pictures a little smaller for this update. Anyone notice a lack in quality? Or an ease in loading?

Thanks!

So back to the TR…..After making a purchase at the Festival Center (which we had shipped home), we made our way back to the International Gateway seeking out more topiaries. We took a different route so we could see more topiaries.

z17FC0304B2R01.jpg

z17FC0304B2R02.jpg

z17FC0304B2R03.jpg

z17FC0304B2R04.jpg

z17FC0304B2R05.jpg

z17FC0304B2R06.jpg

z17FC0304B2R07.jpg

z17FC0304B2R08.jpg

I tried to get Fran to pose for some Photopass Photos, but she was tired and cranky and it was sort of hot, so I agreed that we could go back to the room

z17FC0304B2R09.jpg

z17FC0304B2R10.jpg

z17FC0304B2R11.jpg

z17FC0304B2R12.jpg

z17FC0304B2R13.jpg

z17FC0304B2R14.jpg

Me and my buddy Tigger hanging out!

z17FC0304B2R15.jpg

With that we headed back to the room. We went back to the room and Fran immediately fell asleep. I took pictures of the room. First the Living Room area.

z17FC0304BRM01.jpg

z17FC0304BRM02.jpg

The Kitchen

z17FC0304BRM03.jpg

z17FC0304BRM04.jpg

The Entry Hall

z17FC0304BRM05.jpg

Bathroom Part 1

z17FC0304BRM06.jpg

Part 2

z17FC0304BRM07.jpg

The bedroom, before Fran took over half the the bed.

z17FC0304BRM08.jpg

z17FC0304BRM09.jpg

z17FC0304BRM10.jpg

Our washer and dryer.

z17FC0304BRM11.jpg

I took it upon myself to unpack and repack our suitcases. I had to take the clothes I planned to wear at WDW out from when I packed the other day. Plus we had to nest that fifth suitcase inside it's larger counterpart for the flight home to avoid that $100 charge, otherwise I would have to stuff my purse inside the suitcase again for the trip home. Then there was the whole issue of laundry. We had accumulated enough dirty clothes that I could do another load, especially since we had a washer and dryer that were free!

I got two suitcases packed up with souvenirs, formal clothes, and all the stuff we didn't need until we got home, and set them off to the side. I got everything else sorted into the laundry basket, drawers, and fridge or bathrooms. Remember we put all the soda bottles into the suitcases so we didn't have to carry them around Epcot that afternoon?

After that was done, I went down to the General Store and got some milk for my breakfast the next day and a yogurt for Fran. I also picked up a bottle of wine to enjoy in the room.

Back in the room, I poured a glass of wine and sat down on the bed.

It was 5PM and that was when we had said we would leave for Disney Springs.

The pictures look great and loaded fast for me. I hope to make it Flower and Garden some day it looks so pretty.

What sweet kitties!:lovestruc

Your pics are so vivid! Nice work!

Back in '03 we stayed in a 2br lockout at BWV. I can remember my then-15 YO son busting through those folding doors onto the bed and thinking that he was a real riot!

The new kitties are precious :love:

Your pictures of the topiaries and flowers are gorgeous!

Fingers crossed about your apartment.

So jealous of your new family members - we still have a few more weeks to wait for some kitten fun.

Photos load very nicely and are perfect size! LOL they just fit my screen.

Love all your topiary pics - so many wonderful memories from when we were there. Thank you for sharing.

and btw - hope your apartment is not too much work and that you find another tenant soon.

The good news about that is we have been selling lots of stuff on eBay.

That is good news.

We have two new family members, not by my choice, but they are very sweet kitties in their defense.

Your new family members look precious.

Many of you have posted on your own PTRs about the opening of F&W booking this past week. I too was up early that morning and was able to get all three events I wanted.

Well done for getting what you wanted.

Top priority was the French Family Traditions lunch at Monsieur Paul, then the Mexican Tequila lunch at La Hacienda, and finally the Mediterranean Lunch at Spice Road Table.

They all sound great.

We are also looking to purchase the Express Bus pass which takes you from inside one park to inside another park, thus bypassing security and other pesky entrance issues. It's $29pp for the entire week, and with the fact that we want to try and see as much of AK as we can, but also visit the kiosks, that service could come in very handy as we have at least two days where I want to go back and forth from AK to Epcot or vice versa.

That sounds like a really good deal and will be very convenient.

Hopefully the unit will rent quickly!

I keep my fingers crossed for you.

And one last housekeeping item. I sized the pictures a little smaller for this update. Anyone notice a lack in quality? Or an ease in loading?

They look fine to me. I am not the best person to ask about loading times as we have fibre broadband which is lightning quick anyway.

Corinna

Caught back up again since I've been away due to Hell at Work the last few weeks. :(

Your pictures looks great! I need to figure out how to pull my pics off of PB.

Jill in CO

I am kinda interested in this too. Seriously, waiting for buses can be a real drag. Especially at night! I can totally see this if park hopping is involved!

Picture perfect!! Been years since I've done a F&G. Need to do that again!

I so love this picture of you! So happy and bouncy!

I had to take the clothes I planned to wear at WDW out from when I packed the other day. Plus we had to nest that fifth suitcase inside it's larger counterpart for the flight home to avoid that $100 charge, otherwise I would have to stuff my purse inside the suitcase again for the trip home.

Ah the re-packing process. Been there and done that so many times. Sometimes with limited success. Sometimes with utter failure.

Back in the room, I poured a glass of wine and sat down on the bed.

This is pure bliss! I would love to spend an entire evening on my room balcony with a bottle of wine someday!

The weather here has been absolutely awful.

Sorry. We're used to the humidity here, but it still makes us want to stay indoors.

I'm interested to see if that really creates good value and saves a lot of time.

No problem for me!

I tried to get Fran to pose for some Photopass Photos, but she was tired and cranky and it was sort of hot

So you put up a picture of Donald Duck instead. Clever! :rotfl2:

I took it upon myself to unpack and repack our suitcases. I had to take the clothes I planned to wear at WDW out from when I packed the other day. Plus we had to nest that fifth suitcase inside it's larger counterpart for the flight home to avoid that $100 charge, otherwise I would have to stuff my purse inside the suitcase again for the trip home.

This is why I'm so glad to have Julie with me--she is the queen of packing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter