The kids are alright

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
Anyone else watching this? My husband is not a situation comedy viewer but this one has both of us watching. Set in the 70's. An Irish Catholic family raising 8 sons. My husband was 1 of 7, 5 were boys raised in the 50's. Our 2 sons were raised in the 70's, we are of Irish heritage so this one is filled with similar memories. We both hope it lasts. :)

Anyone else watching this? My husband is not a situation comedy viewer but this one has both of us watching. Set in the 70's. An Irish Catholic family raising 8 sons. My husband was 1 of 7, 5 were boys raised in the 50's. Our 2 sons were raised in the 70's, we are of Irish heritage so this one is filled with similar memories. We both hope it lasts. :)
It's one we record, and I've seen I think 2. It's cute enough and I'll continue to record it, but it's not a show I'm waiting to watch. I was born in the 80s though and not Catholic, so not as relatable. For me the Goldbergs is more of my reminiscence, as it's set in the 80s and in PA, which I am from too

It's one we record, and I've seen I think 2. It's cute enough and I'll continue to record it, but it's not a show I'm waiting to watch. I was born in the 80s though and not Catholic, so not as relatable. For me the Goldbergs is more of my reminiscence, as it's set in the 80s and in PA, which I am from too
I recorded The Kids Are All Right and have watched the first three episodes. The mom totally cracks me up! The fork in the microwave, the made up anniversary, the basement fire - she’s got mom guilt down to a science. So far I like it a lot. The tattletale brother cracks me up too.

My DH is from outside Philly, so we watch The Goldbergs regularly. I have to be in the mood to watch it though because of all the yelling. Seriously every character (except the grandpa) yells the lines. Sometimes it gets on my nerves. I do love the endings when they show the real life people or pictures the episode is based on.

I grew up in a large family in the sixties and seventies. I do remember my dad bringing home an Amana RadaRange one day, sending my brother and me out to the car to carry it in. We were in high school, so, early 70s.

Did not expect to like it, but it's cute.

we really enjoy it. i identify with it b/c i was just about the same age at the same time it's set as the son it focuses on-they are VERY accurate in the fashions and the general feel of the time. it's a comedy but it's respectful of a different time/different attitudes. i hope they stay focused on keeping the parents real people.

“The Kids Are Alright” is my new favorite show. I was sad to see “The Middle” end, and while they are very different shows, “The Kids” sort of fills the gap for me.

This week’s episode - about the microwave and Barbara Eden - had me laughing so hard I had to pause the DVR so I wouldn’t miss anything. Love the authenticity of the wardrobe and sets. Hope it gets a fighting chance to stay on the network!

“The Kids Are Alright” is my new favorite show. I was sad to see “The Middle” end, and while they are very different shows, “The Kids” sort of fills the gap for me.

This week’s episode - about the microwave and Barbara Eden - had me laughing so hard I had to pause the DVR so I wouldn’t miss anything. Love the authenticity of the wardrobe and sets. Hope it gets a fighting chance to stay on the network!

Agreed especially about my beloved The Middle.

I grew up Catholic and in the 70s/80s. Although my family only had 2 kids, I had several friends with big families. So far, I think the show is pretty cute.

ABC. If it gets renewed for a couple of seasons, expect them to visit Disney.

i dunno-the show is set in los angeles and it would be tough to do with all the changes to the landscape of disneyland since the 70's. the iconic sign and parking lot are no more and many of the rides of that era are either long gone or seriously overhauled such they have little resemblance to what many of us grew up with there.

From what I’ve seen, it’s pretty good. Reminds me of The Wonder Years (which I loved) with the voiceover, from the middle child’s perspective.

I too grew up in the 60’s and 70’s, in the suburbs, Catholic family, six kids. So much of it is relatable to my childhood. They are spot on with some of the details, like the can of Hi-C (we drank that all the time!)

From what I’ve seen, it’s pretty good. Reminds me of The Wonder Years (which I loved) with the voiceover, from the middle child’s perspective.

I too grew up in the 60’s and 70’s, in the suburbs, Catholic family, six kids. So much of it is relatable to my childhood. They are spot on with some of the details, like the can of Hi-C (we drank that all the time!)

My husband and I are almost 50 years married, and the microwave episode had him telling me things I'd never heard before. Oh, OH! :rolleyes1

I got a little behind watching due to the holidays and just watched the last episode yesterday. Oh my goodness I was laughing so hard listening to the two of them discuss birth control options!! Totally hilarious.

“You get a whole week off and now you want black out dates?!”

“Now they’ve got cups and rings and pills and hoops. I mean the Protestants have a whole magic show going on down there.”

Last edited:
the console tv the brother in law gifted the family? that-the identical set down to the fabric inlays- was my parent's pride and joy for MANY years (DECADES). i remember it was our first color tv and for the first time my mom taking an interest in purchasing records (had to justify that stereophonic record player after all). i've often wondered how many went the way of ours-when the tv went kerplutz (way beyond repair) a friend offered to take it b/c he wanted to make it into a 'hip' bar (he was going to close the doors over the tv but turn it on so the bar would 'glow').

the attention to detail is spot on-furniture, clothing, hair. it's a trip in the way-back machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter