The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

kathleena

<font color=FF99FF>Because everyone needs a Fairy
OK, so here is a thread just for BWV lovers to discuss our favorite place in the world. I'll start:

I just got back from 8 days in a SV Studio #4081. It was perfect (except for the little kids next door watching cartoons every day at 6:30am). Had a great view of the fireworks over the Inn. The sleep sofa was the new style, very comfy and so easy to open. I had a terrible cold so was coughing all night - I slept on the sofa so I wouldn't wake DH so much. With the old style sofa, I never would have lasted the week! And the queen bed is now a pillowtop! Yay!!!!!

But what I loved the most - the lobby at Christmas. New decorations this year - still the same style old blown glass - but so much more too. They have added ribbons and bow and cute decorative ornaments.

And they also had entertainment in the lobby - we listened to a quartet of guitarists - they appeared to be High School age. They were wonderful.

And that great BoardWalk entertainment.

Oh and the bakery has counter service credit meals. They have a great fruit plate with yogurt and my DH loved the roast beef sandwich. They had other stuff also. You can take the more expensive desserts as either the dessert or a snack credit. I sure had my fill of fruit tarts this week! And the fruit plate was great for breakfast!

Let's talk BoardWalk!

kathleena said:
Let's talk BoardWalk!

I'm here for you.

We were there at Thanksgiving and noticed the new decorations as well. My 6'4" DS loved the new pull out sofa so much he wants one for his room at home. I have to agree that it is a huge improvement over the one before. We will be back next week and can't wait.

And it is so nice either walking and/or jogging around Crescent Lake.

HBC

We just got back a few days ago. The lobby decorations were beautiful! We checked out the holiday decorations at several resorts this trip and the BW lobby was one of the prettiest! I think my DH got tired of hearing me say "Just look at those beautiful ornaments" every time we walked through the BW lobby. :rotfl: On our last day when we were waiting for the DME bus to take us to the airport, I ran back into the lobby for one last look!

We stayed at Board Walk Villas in May. I dearly loved it. We had a good view. We were looking over the back entrance from where you drive in where we could see the comings and goings of everybody. We also could see some of the boardwalk and lake. It just gave you a good feeling to be there. But, hey, it's Disney. Don't you get a good feeling everywhere there?

We own at BCV, but we :love: Boardwalk! We used up our points before deciding to take a Christmas trip. Thanks to an AP discount, we'll be staying on the Inn side later this week.

We've already planned for our Christmas slide out of the "scary clown's" mouth!
Can't wait, it's my favorite resort.

BWV is our hands down favorite!! We usually go early Dec, but this year we went in late Oct and missed the Christmas decorations. I've been so bummed about it, DH and I watched our DVD's from our Dec 2005 trip to make me feel better. We are going back to Dec in 2007!

The new sleeper sofas are great. My kids said it was very comfy and better than the old kind. Our king mattress was pillow-top also and very nice.

As usual, the room was spotless, housekeeping brought extra towels and pillows about 15 minutes after my call, every CM in the lobby was awesome, oh and the bellmen were great too!

We did standard view this time and I thought I'd miss the boardwalk view so much. I really didn't. We were on the 4th floor and faced the entrance and Epcot. We really thought it was nice and it was WAY less points. :teeth: We are doing a 2 bdr boardwalk view in Dec 2007, but that's mostly for my kids. They love watching the friendship boats and the people on the boardwalk.

I have never minded the hallways. I'd much rather be inside one huge building than walking outside from building to building. That's the one thing that bothers me about the POLY and swayed me to agree with DH that yes, Epcot resorts are the best-he never wants to stay anywhere else!

We went into the DVC sales center one afternoon. The very hot topic was the AKL. It's all anyone was asking the guide about. The guide was very nice and tried to talk to DH about adding on at SSR. DH told him that he will ONLY buy more BWV points-he laughed and offered to get our guide on the phone for us!

The Boardwalk is our home resort and we'll there again in March! Even though it's just two nights I can't wait to show the Out-laws....I mean In-laws ;) our home away from home. I know they'll like sitting in the big comfy chair in the entrance way :) and we really like Luna Park, Leaping Libations, and the quiet pool too!

BWV is our home resort and our favorite as well. We have a 2 night stay in a one bedroom standard view for both before and after the Member cruise in October.

To me the furnishing just say welcome home and I feel so comfortable there.

Love being able to walk to Epcot and MGM.

We love trying other resorts as well even non DVC ones (just came back from the Poly). Yet I love staying at Boardwalk and I'm looking forward to October.

You guys made my day!!

We just put in an offer for 100 points at BWV. It was fun to read all the positive comments about the place.

Cross your fingers for me that it passes ROFR.

Kristine

BWV is our home resort as well. we just got back from a 1br standard view (#4103, so those weren't my kids Katheen! ;) ) the new sofabeds are really nice, my teenage niece slept on it all week with no complaints.

for me, it's the location. i love being able to walk right over to Epcot at any time. it's become my second favorite park :). Boardwalk view is the best.

oh, we stayed two nights at the Yacht Club prior to moving over to BWV, and man, they got some hallways over there too :rotfl: .

hrm...10 mins from the boatdock to the Int'l gateway? maybe not even that long. generally we're pushing strollers so we tend to walk fast.

it's funny you ask because every trip i swear i'm going to time it and i never remember! :)

Kristine - sending PD for your ROFR passing! :wizard:

And the walk to the IG is short!!!!!! I've never timed it either, but I know it's always over quickly. If a boat isn't visible at or near the YC/BC, then you better off walking!

I wonder if it is comparable to the walk from the Dolphin to MGM?? I did that a couple of times...I have to tell you guys that I found it to be a sorta long walk...although maybe because it was very hot then.

Thank you so much! We are soooo excited. (But nervous, I HATE the waiting game)

kathleena said:
Kristine - sending PD for your ROFR passing! :wizard:

And the walk to the IG is short!!!!!! I've never timed it either, but I know it's always over quickly. If a boat isn't visible at or near the YC/BC, then you better off walking!

i'd say the walk from the Swan to MGM is considerably longer than from BWV to the gateway.

BWV is my home resort, but I haven't visited yet. I took a trip to BCV and waved "hello," but I didn't have a chance to see it up close. However, we are going "home" in May.

Glad to hear good things about it. TBH, we chose this resort for the SV room option, otherwise we couldn't afford to stay in a one-bedroom very often! :bitelip:

We chose BWV as our home resort even though we've never been to any of the DVC places. On our May trip,we went past the boardwalk in a launch. My hubby said he liked the look of it. I was totally shocked when he gave me points for Christmas. My first trip home in scheduled for the end of May as a 7th graduation present for my daughter. I can't wait!!!!

I am excited to hear that!

crazywig said:
i'd say the walk from the Swan to MGM is considerably longer than from BWV to the gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!