The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

It sleeps 4 but a 5th person can stay if the reservation was made using points.

Unfortunately there is not a pull out chair or twin pull down under the TV.

You will need to provide bedding for the 5th person.
Oh, wow! I am new to DVC and will be planning our first "Welcome Home" trip for 2025. As a family of 5 I thought we would need to either cramp into a studio or spend crazy points on the 2BR, so I'm so happy to hear that technically we could stay in a 1BR.
Do I need to do anything in specific to make this work? Or just make the reservation and it will allow me to put all 5 of our names on it? (sorry if it's a stupid question, still trying to understand DVC ;) )

Oh, wow! I am new to DVC and will be planning our first "Welcome Home" trip for 2025. As a family of 5 I thought we would need to either cramp into a studio or spend crazy points on the 2BR, so I'm so happy to hear that technically we could stay in a 1BR.
Do I need to do anything in specific to make this work? Or just make the reservation and it will allow me to put all 5 of our names on it? (sorry if it's a stupid question, still trying to understand DVC ;) )
I believe you need to contact member services to add the 5th member. It doesn't let you add them online.

I would take a look at the room layouts and virtual walk throughs. You can see the pre-remodeled rooms here:

https://www.dvchelp.com/page/boardwalk-villas-resort-information

I know you're on the BWV thread, but I wanted to mention that BLT and AKV Kidani have sleeping space for 5 (sleeper sofa and sleeper chair in living room) in the 1 bedroom and 2 full bathrooms.

I believe you need to contact member services to add the 5th member. It doesn't let you add them online.

I would take a look at the room layouts and virtual walk throughs. You can see the pre-remodeled rooms here:

https://www.dvchelp.com/page/boardwalk-villas-resort-information

I know you're on the BWV thread, but I wanted to mention that BLT and AKV Kidani have sleeping space for 5 (sleeper sofa and sleeper chair in living room) in the 1 bedroom and 2 full bathrooms.
Awesome!! Thanks for the help and advice!

Recently stayed in a 1 BR with two kids and three adults. It worked out great. Would love to stay there someday again.
Cool! Did BWV provide a rollaway bed or air mattress? Just curious how likely they are to offer/provide.

Cool! Did BWV provide a rollaway bed or air mattress? Just curious how likely they are to offer/provide.
One of the reasons you have to call to add the fifth person is so MS can make sure you understand you must provide the bedding for that person. BWV has no rollaways or air mattresses to offer. In the past you also had to provide towels, too, but now that there’s no charge for extra towels, you can get them from Housekeeping.

One of the reasons you have to call to add the fifth person is so MS can make sure you understand you must provide the bedding for that person. BWV has no rollaways or air mattresses to offer. In the past you also had to provide towels, too, but now that there’s no charge for extra towels, you can get them from Housekeeping.
Good to know! It seems it might be better to just get two studios. Less points even.

Good to know! It seems it might be better to just get two studios. Less points even.
Yes, that gives more real beds as well as 2 bathrooms. Just be aware that there are no connecting studios at BWV, and even if you put a “traveling with” notation on both reservations there are no guarantees the two studios will be near each other. Also, I don’t know the ages in your family, but each studio must have an adult.

Yes, that gives more real beds as well as 2 bathrooms. Just be aware that there are no connecting studios at BWV, and even if you put a “traveling with” notation on both reservations there are no guarantees the two studios will be near each other. Also, I don’t know the ages in your family, but each studio must have an adult.
True! Two bathrooms!! Definitely appealing...and yes, two of the kids are over 18yo now, so I'm sure they would love to have their own space and wouldn't care if the rooms were not near each other.

Thanks. I was thinking I’d read somewhere that some rooms didn’t have a full balcony or had a bad balcony or something, but maybe it was another resort. I read so much about so many resorts I may have mixed them up.

I can vouch for the "bad balcony". Had BWV studio on 4th floor in February. Not the usual see thru railing but a waist high solid wall that was recessed into the main building blocking your view below as well as to the side... don't remember the room # but it was just before the Crest of the Wave section.

Work continues on The Cake Bake Shop and Blue Ribbon Corn Dog at Disney’s BoardWalk

1712985563931.jpeg

1712985585086.jpeg

*Click link for more pics/info

Hi BWV owners and enthusiasts! BWV is probably my favorite resort, and I'm considering a small (75-100) contract in the next year or so. One question I've wondered about: How hard is it to get standard studios and 1 bedrooms at 11 months? We plan ahead, and have no issue being ready to book at 8 am on the dot at 11 months.

Obviously it depends on time of year, etc. Most commonly our trips are 7-9 days in May or September/October. Harder in the fall of course, but is there a good chance of getting standard for at least 3-4 nights?

Whenever I look at 11 months, there is rarely any standard available, but I'm not looking right at 8 am. To me the advantage of owning would be the ability to book standard category. Would you say it's like AKV value rooms (aka, almost impossible, even at 11 mos)?

Hi BWV owners and enthusiasts! BWV is probably my favorite resort, and I'm considering a small (75-100) contract in the next year or so. One question I've wondered about: How hard is it to get standard studios and 1 bedrooms at 11 months? We plan ahead, and have no issue being ready to book at 8 am on the dot at 11 months.

Obviously it depends on time of year, etc. Most commonly our trips are 7-9 days in May or September/October. Harder in the fall of course, but is there a good chance of getting standard for at least 3-4 nights?

Whenever I look at 11 months, there is rarely any standard available, but I'm not looking right at 8 am. To me the advantage of owning would be the ability to book standard category. Would you say it's like AKV value rooms (aka, almost impossible, even at 11 mos)?
Standard studios are definitely the hardest to book, but standard one bedrooms are easier. May and September are not the highest demand times but October is. If you are online exactly when booking opens at 11 months out, then you have as good a chance as anyone. Also, if you aren't lucky, stalk the website and add waitlists. If you do this starting at 11 months out, you have a decent chance of cobbling together a reservation one day at a time--then you can ask Member Services to merge all the days into a single reservation.

True! Two bathrooms!! Definitely appealing...and yes, two of the kids are over 18yo now, so I'm sure they would love to have their own space and wouldn't care if the rooms were not near each other.
I would definitely go with the 2 studios. It's very difficult to have that many adults using just one bathroom. Last time I booked that way, I got one studio BWV (for DH and me), and one studio standard. yes, we were down the hall from each other, but it worked just fine. and the kids came and hung out with us on the BWV balcony when we were watching people or fireworks. ;-)

I am about to call in my room request for a G/P view studio. I've seen tons of posts lately about people getting the dreaded call to have to move to a different resort due to construction. I have not gotten any calls and I arrive on May 1st so I assume I am not being moved. With that being said, does anyone know which area of the BWV building that is affecting all those people, meaning which part of the resort should I NOT request? We have never stayed here before. I was going to request a 5th floor room with either a Village Green view or a good Luna Park pool view. Are those areas okay to request at this time? Not sure which is the best to ask for? On TP room finder, it seems there are a lot of trees that may block a good pool view though.

I am about to call in my room request for a G/P view studio. I've seen tons of posts lately about people getting the dreaded call to have to move to a different resort due to construction. I have not gotten any calls and I arrive on May 1st so I assume I am not being moved. With that being said, does anyone know which area of the BWV building that is affecting all those people, meaning which part of the resort should I NOT request? We have never stayed here before. I was going to request a 5th floor room with either a Village Green view or a good Luna Park pool view. Are those areas okay to request at this time? Not sure which is the best to ask for? On TP room finder, it seems there are a lot of trees that may block a good pool view though.

Those areas are finished and have been for some time. You should be good with that request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter