The hot mess that is MDE (10/09)

I thought that might be the issue. Kind of stinks when you're trying to plan together, though.
Room-only with tickets purchased separately should be booked for groups arriving on different days if they want to plan their days together.

Tuesdays are worse, I have all but confirmed that via conversations with a couple of vacation planners. It sounds like to me they probably have some sort of automated batch job or script that runs on Tuesdays that is causing MDE to not function properly. It really should be an easy fix to figure it out if you have an experienced IT department, which at this point I am not sure Disney does. That or they are not being made aware of these issues.

This is frustrating to hear, as of course I'll be trying to grab FPs on a Tuesday in a few weeks. I'd love to think they would do some work on the system before then but I'm not very hopeful.

Our check in day is a Saturday. I know Disney is busy with people coming and going every day but I would guess that Saturday is one of the busier check in days. So 60 days before any Saturday is a Tuesday. Why then would they decide to run something on THAT day that it would make the system run improperly?!? :badpc: :confused3

Just venting I guess.....

This is frustrating to hear, as of course I'll be trying to grab FPs on a Tuesday in a few weeks. I'd love to think they would do some work on the system before then but I'm not very hopeful.

Our check in day is a Saturday. I know Disney is busy with people coming and going every day but I would guess that Saturday is one of the busier check in days. So 60 days before any Saturday is a Tuesday. Why then would they decide to run something on THAT day that it would make the system run improperly?!? :badpc: :confused3

Just venting I guess.....

Someone was *speculating* that Disney was running a batch process on Tuesdays. I disagree with that speculation for the reason you cite. Tuesdays break because that corresponds to a Saturday Check-in which is the busiest check-in date of the week. The system gets hammered with all those Saturday check-ins trying to book FP+ at once. In other words, no phantom process is needed to explain why Tuesdays are the worst.

we were just there and the app was beyond useless. I needed a bathroom. Normally I'd open the app and see where it was.

Nope. Then I realized how hard it was to find a cast member to ask.

We wanted to see what dinner reservations were open, couldn't get the app up. Left the park and went to Olive Garden just outside property. Good move Disney, you lost a $200 dinner party.....

Based on our recent 2 week trip, you were better off leaving for both quality and $$$$.

Unfortunately for me, my upcoming fastpass day is a Tuesday. I hope it's sorted by then!

The sad part is, it hasn't been sorted out for the last few years. Disney should be ashamed of themselves. Can't tell you how much time I spent on our vacation in August trying to deal with their Disney app that sucked on a daily basis.

I’m here now and the app and website are useless on my phone while in the parks. I spent an hour at the studios trying to book a dinner on Monday night. My daughter was here a few weeks ago and also had trouble with the app. I ended doing her additional fps from home because she could not get the app to work in the parks.

I’m here now and the app and website are useless on my phone while in the parks. I spent an hour at the studios trying to book a dinner on Monday night. My daughter was here a few weeks ago and also had trouble with the app. I ended doing her additional fps from home because she could not get the app to work in the parks.

Are you using the park Wi-Fi or cellular? I consistently find the park Wi-Fi is awful and leads to numerous timeouts that lead to errors in MDE. If you are not already, ditch the Wi-Fi and see if you fare better.

Are you using the park Wi-Fi or cellular? I consistently find the park Wi-Fi is awful and leads to numerous timeouts that lead to errors in MDE. If you are not already, ditch the Wi-Fi and see if you fare better.
Thanks for the tip. I will use my data instead.

ETA: I sold my Disney Stock because of their IT Department and their "new" My Disney Experience and Magic Bands.

I can't figure why MDE has to be a "hot mess", but it is. I think of how easily Apple integrates phone/TV/computer/tablet (at least for me) and wonder why Disney has to make it an adventure to schedule a handful of FPs on one platform

We leave in 3 weeks and was hoping things would be better since these issues started popping up a long time ago. I have a ticket in with Disney IT because somehow between our fast pass day when everything was smooth to last week, my husband's and son's tickets got switched. While I'm sure Disney doesn't care that my 7 years old has an adult ticket, they do care that my husband now has a child ticket.

The IT ticket went in last Monday (as in over a week ago) and it's still incorrect. Not sure if I should call back again or give it a couple more days. They did say that IT was so swamped that they were basically fixing immediate issues only and backlogging anything that could wait. I just don't want to get there and spend 2 hours at the resort front desk while they try to fix it.

I have been trying WiFi and cellular. Back and forth between those and the app and the website. When it works at all, it has been with the web browser on my phone, not the app. I was actually able to modify a FP today while at MK. I felt as if I had won the lottery.

We leave in 3 weeks and was hoping things would be better since these issues started popping up a long time ago. I have a ticket in with Disney IT because somehow between our fast pass day when everything was smooth to last week, my husband's and son's tickets got switched. While I'm sure Disney doesn't care that my 7 years old has an adult ticket, they do care that my husband now has a child ticket.

The IT ticket went in last Monday (as in over a week ago) and it's still incorrect. Not sure if I should call back again or give it a couple more days. They did say that IT was so swamped that they were basically fixing immediate issues only and backlogging anything that could wait. I just don't want to get there and spend 2 hours at the resort front desk while they try to fix it.
If these are brand-new tickets, you can switch the names around in your MDX account. They will have to use the corresponding MBs or tickets.

When we were in the parks last week the app was useless. Both on wi-fi and data plan. I could never get the FP selections to show nor the dining. However, here at home, 2000+ miles away I can easily find FP times and dining reservations (we have APs now). Something with their local network there really kills things. The website was fine when I tried back at the hotel. We had to rely on the ticket service places in the park to get us dining the one time we needed it.

If these are brand-new tickets, you can switch the names around in your MDX account. They will have to use the corresponding MBs or tickets.
They aren't and we already received the magic bands. After an hour and a half, they fixed the back-end "real" tickets, but MDX still shows the messed up ones. Apparently that's the case in most of the "glitches" - in reality they are OK, but MDX doesn't reflect reality and that's why it's a tech mess.

Booked my fp+ on Wednesday also. I didn't have as many issues as some of you are reporting, although it did kick me out 3 times (I think) and I got the snowman ate the page a couple of times. My frustration was that it wouldn't let me book for my 8th day. It kept saying this guest has already reached the maximum (or some doodoo like that). Is this because I have a split stay? I'm thinking I could book check in plus 7 days for my first reservation? Then have to wait for the 60 day mark for check in on the 2nd reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!