The Holly Jolly Mickeys Christmas Party Trip Report

JadeDarkstar

Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
Day 1, Nov 27th, 2017.
The flight left PHX on time. We did not need to be so early but we were glad we were. Security was a breeze that early (12 am flight)
Here is where I must say, American Airline has messed around with this trip once already. A few months ago we received an email stating that the redeye, that my hubs paid extra for. Was now having a layover in Charlotte. We were furious but after an hour on the phone was told nothing could be done. (on that lay over we met a family who got their 50 x (whole family members) replaced after staying on the phone over two hours for the same switch up)
Now in Charlotte, we are going on the plane and they say we have to check my carry on. (it fit the other flight and it fit the boards at the airport but I still had to have mine checked. (they overbooked ) I was trying to tell them how that doesn't work because of magical express and we are supposed to go straight to our bus. However the lady there was evil and said quiet rudely "do you want to get to Orlando today?" and not only I but three other guests gasped and looked at this woman who should be fired immediately from American airlines.

I stop before I say something back to the Witch, and move down the row. the other attendant said "it will be comped we won't be charged. My hubs looked back to the nicer women and said "that is not the issues at all, the issue is how this makes us now have to waste time to go get a bag we should never have had to get. But thank you." she said "I understand and she was sorry," I think that flight attendant was scared of the Witch too.

Fine whatever my bag is below us and we are flying to MCO.
On the crappiest broken pieces of junk plane ever. It had a loud sound right at the window the whole time. It turned and curved way more then I had ever known a plane should or could. I don't know if it was wind tublince or what but now.... my son's sick.

Grand..... get to the airport, im not sure how many times he got sick in the bathroom on the flight but by the time we got to the airport all he wanted to do was crash on the bus. BUT.
we had to wait for that bag to get to us before we could go to the Bus.
On the bus he passed out. We had no idea there was a bathroom on the bus and he held himself together.

Got to Music and checked in. The lady even saw my son was sick and looked for our room. She said good news it was just now done. Else she would have sent us to a different room.

So we got in rested for about an hour before Ohana breakfast. It was yummy and my son was feeling better and after we ate he said it helped too.

We went to rest a bit more before park that night.

We were going to Dad's Flag Retreat and to do some FP+'s. I had been lucky to get a7dmt fp+ after the fireworks, only a few weeks out. However after a few hours my son was just done. So we all made the choice to leave before my Fireworks (whaaa) and the 7dmt fp+ (since I had one on Friday as well)

so the first night going into the park at 4:30 or so we got
flag retreat
haunted mansion
frozen show
pirates
(out of the way)

Then we went back to the hotel.
Found the boxes of Pepsi/water/and snacks was finally found and delivered. I did not even go into that. However, the guy who worked so hard and searched files and names of a woman who signed off accepting my delivery the day before.. well he did a lot of work. I am thankful he found them. even if we used half of the junk I ordered.

Day One ended.
Next is half Off day / Party 1

Wow - what a rough start to your vacation! Too bad you didn't get the nonstop to Orlando that you originally had booked - unfortunately flights are subject to change at any time (even up to right before the flight which we've experienced.) It would have helped if the first customer service agent had been more apologetic about the checked bag on your 2nd flight. So sorry your son got sick on the second flight!! But glad he got to feeling better after breakfast. Since you took a red eye, did any of you get any sleep on the plane?

Hopefully the rest of your trip is more enjoyable!

Sorry, Capt Bane (hubby) has been sick off and on since getting home, still taking care him. We did try and rest but it did not come easy.

Day two started off with us going to Disney Springs.
10 we were going to meet the bear at the coke cola store. He was late so we tried the bar on the roof and had the flight. It was interesting and we have pictures I plan to add. Then we went to Trex. Food was what I expected. I enjoyed everything except the scallops covered in a sauce. The manager brought me extra kabobs since I liked the grilled shrimp so much.

We had a good time, but then rushed through a few things in Disney springs (stores and things I wish we had strolled a little more)
We had a party ticket but could have entered early. However by the time, we entered it was past 4, so we left having an extra day we never used.
(I had planned after trex to go back to the room to change but this was one of the places I realized that was just not a 20min drive, but sometimes 10-15mins waiting for a bus, then security could take another 10-15. ( Honestly, sometimes it ate up huge amount of time for that afternoon rest/bath/change)

((We are already planning two more trips one Disney land in feb 2020 (if star wars opens on time) and one in 2022 for wdw (to see more that we missed we would use my hubs 2-week vaca at this time) maybe rent points or see about buying points? Maybe off-site at a Disney springs place and just use uber/lyft. Anyways I want wdw again my hub will be happy with Disneyland for star wars and by this time it will have been 4 years or so since going to Disneyland, and it has changed a lot since we last saw it. ))

Party will start tomorrow but wanted to add this small part at least.

Day two, First party day.

We were in line by 5 I want to say for the seven dwarfs. We sat around the area outside in a sort of semi-circle in order. Then when they opened the inside we all went in the line we were. No one tried to cut or rush past us. They started at 6:15 and we were out and done by 7. In fact, the line for the free cookies and drinks near there was lined up waiting for the 7 pm opening start of the party. Then we walked right by Santa Goofy, someone my hubs had wanted to see but wasn't on the list of must do's. It wasn't too long so we jumped in line. After Santa Goofy my son and I went on the Goofy coaster it was fun but short we had fun though. We saw the line for Scrooge on the way out of storybook circus I knew he was my top one on the 2ed party so I walked by.

Now forgive me but I am trying to remember what happened when. I can say that we found the place that was serving 4 cookies and coco. Taking a rest we sat down and tried a bite. Many my son didn't like (he hates Mint, but he tried it for me)
We did a walk on (20min posted, seemed like 10mins for peter pan and less for its a small world.) Saw the stage show from right up front. Then my son had to pee (great timing 15mins till fireworks.)
Cap bane took him and I scooted up just a bit more. Trying to hold a spot for them. I had the best view ever. I found a stroller and stood behind it. I was talking to the child's mom and aunt the whole time they were really nice. 3mins before showtime Capt. Bane calls me to say we will find each other after the show before my phone died.

Best view ever and couldn't take many if any shots of it. My son says they had good view too. I could see so much and I cried. I never get good views or spots for shows or fireworks. It was said not to be with my family at the time but I am so happy I didn't leave to go to the restroom with them. I would never have had such a good view.

At the end, i called my hubs somehow enough power for that call. Meet at Walt..the Walt statue lol always a good place to go when lost. Walt will never let us down.
Ok after my minor panic attack I did kinda just want to go. However, we wanted to see about the card game, we needed the special card. So we slipped through stores to go there. We had been wrongly told that the firehouse would close early not open all night (they are open till park close) so we did not want to miss it. We got the card and stepped out to snow (bubbles) everywhere.

Parades like 30mins away and we saw a curb spot across from the firehouse (that small curve where they turn to go inside.

Let us just say the 30mins blasted from bubbles above was worth it for the curb seats and view.

Will post some pictures as soon as I can.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays if I am not back before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter