The Haunted Mansion turns 50 on August 9, 2019!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
As I watched a NOS video a few moments ago, it occurred to me that the HM will turn 50 next year! I wonder what (if any) special events Disney has planned to mark the occasion. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I got this in a survey from Disney months ago. (This survey was also all about their plans to move the Halloween party to dca so it could have been all about planning for next year). This screen was followed by questions if I’d do it, worth the ticket cost, how much I valued aspects of a ticketed event etc.

Attachments

• 095A0696-DE5F-4A5F-9A17-2AD00913741C.jpeg
    095A0696-DE5F-4A5F-9A17-2AD00913741C.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I expect Disney to do something special for HM50. Pirates was shut down for a long refurb when I went in 2016 in preparation of its 50th birthday.

I got this in a survey from Disney months ago. (This survey was also all about their plans to move the Halloween party to dca so it could have been all about planning for next year). This screen was followed by questions if I’d do it, worth the ticket cost, how much I valued aspects of a ticketed event etc.

I took the same survey. I hope they decide to have an exclusive event. Haunted Mansion has always been one of my favorites and a HM-themed party sounds like a lot of fun!

From the pic above, it sounds like only ticket-holders will have access to the celebration. I dislike that idea intensely. Everyone that comes to the park should be able to participate. I hope that isn't what they're planning...

From the pic above, it sounds like only ticket-holders will have access to the celebration. I dislike that idea intensely. Everyone that comes to the park should be able to participate. I hope that isn't what they're planning...

Well it sounds like only ticket-holders will be in the park during the time of the party. Similar to Mickey's Halloween Party?

Though of course since they were asking about it on a survey, details are probably still subject to change.

I'd be willing to bet my favorite pair of ears that it'll be a private event, probably costing (minimum) $300.00 which is what was charged for the PxP/Incredicoaster preview. And I'd also be willing to be it'll be a sell out. I've always said I thought it was foolish to pay that much for a private event, but for HM, I'd be very, very tempted.

.......does this mean they sweep up the left over Tiki room stuff and fill the retail space with Haunted Mansion stuff......what is the % of the items available....Haunted Mansion vs NBC?

I'd be willing to bet my favorite pair of ears that it'll be a private event, probably costing (minimum) $300.00 which is what was charged for the PxP/Incredicoaster preview. And I'd also be willing to be it'll be a sell out. I've always said I thought it was foolish to pay that much for a private event, but for HM, I'd be very, very tempted.

what would you pay for SWGE event? Sad to see that you bet your favorite ears.....folks are always coming up to me to ask where they can buy my ears......sadly......EBAY.

My friends did a special event for the last HM big birthday (40th). We all sat at our computers awaiting the second you could start trying for a special event ticket. They were sold out immediately. I didn't get one but a couple of my friends managed. They were tiered, so the highest level (most expensive) included hotel, dinner, special event inside the mansion--it was a wedding for the ghost bride or something and they got cake and gifts--and various other cool things. Only ticket holders were allowed in and they had special merchandise. The tickets were really expensive, especially the top tier, and if I remember correctly you could only get 1 at a time. If you wanted to go with someone, you just had to hope they got one, too. I can only imagine this time around it will be even more insane trying to get one if they release them online at a specific time like they did before.

My friends did a special event for the last HM big birthday (40th). We all sat at our computers awaiting the second you could start trying for a special event ticket. They were sold out immediately. I didn't get one but a couple of my friends managed. They were tiered, so the highest level (most expensive) included hotel, dinner, special event inside the mansion--it was a wedding for the ghost bride or something and they got cake and gifts--and various other cool things. Only ticket holders were allowed in and they had special merchandise. The tickets were really expensive, especially the top tier, and if I remember correctly you could only get 1 at a time. If you wanted to go with someone, you just had to hope they got one, too. I can only imagine this time around it will be even more insane trying to get one if they release them online at a specific time like they did before.
http://hauntedmansion.wikia.com/wiki/Haunted_Mansion_40th_Anniversary_Merchandise_Event

I remember this happening!

I went to this. I bought the lowest tier that still allowed the dinner. It was fun but Disney hasn't had a similar event in years.
My camera was not great back then...this was also Constance's debut. She was already in the Mansion but the party was set up as a wedding reception. I always thought it would have been better to have the party first.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1531793302556.jpg
    FB_IMG_1531793302556.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 24
  • FB_IMG_1531793291160.jpg
    FB_IMG_1531793291160.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 24

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter