The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

Glad to see that everyone made it home safely, yesterday was a long day for us, swapping campers is not easy task, plus a drive to and from New Orleans in the rain, but we made it back to GPS for a couple of nights to try out everything on the new Voltage You hauler,

received_1343943265641249_zpsjp7c20su.jpeg

So far no complaints...

Randy, Congratulations !! Thankfully we had to unload take our camper down, bring the new one home and just got most of it loaded yesterday.
But damn, 3 AXLES !!!!! And 2 awnings, Guess we know who is having the party on the patio next GSP meet. Enjoy this week camping and best of luck with it.

Well, the sad day has arrived. I've milked my last day for all it was worth. Spent my last morning on the beach (sun finally shining) and then toured Randy's new mausoleum.

Hooked up now and pulling out.
14966006110671258359823.jpg

Last edited:

Randy super nice Toy Box you have there Best of Luck and good times with it.
Ed sorry no group photo but I have a contact in the Post Office so I should be able to make a decent collage of all the usual suspects I mean attendees
Teamubr glad you made it home safe
Michael safe travels today for you and the girls

It looks good Randy. And like we said the last night at Patrick's, I think two of my Aliners with the roof popped up could fit inside your trailer.

I'm gonna sign up for a Fast Pass so I don't have to wait in the stand-by line for Randy's tour.

Bama Ed

Made it in safe and sound with only one mishap. While I was there I noticed one morning that one of my trailer tires was flat. I took it off and to the tire center at Wal Mart and found out it was a bad valve stem. Fixed it up and back on. I checked all the tires again and all were good. I found when I got home a tire on opposite side is now really low. I'll take it off tomorrow and have it looked at.

I wonder if it's another valve stem issue? Might be best to have the other two replaced if it's another valve stem issue.

Oh, and I now have one of the security guards direct cell phone number just in case I need it in future reference. You see I've been feeding the folks up at check-in this week including security. Well, last night on our way back from dinner I picked them up some ice cream and brownies. I got a call from security shortly after thanking all of us who cooked this week and gave me his number in case we had any future needs. Figure it was worth it.

I'll get my pictures off my Nikon this week and post them up when I can. I left GSP in Randy and Joe's hands. I hope all is well.

Ed, I wouldn't worry about a FP for the tour as much as I would packing a lunch. It's a long tour.

I rode by Randy's site several times last night. He must have gotten in later. Then while the girls slept in I went bike riding and had a complete metal break. I forgot all about trying to see Randy's gigantic rig. So as I was finally leaving (More Below) I tried to go by but didn't swing the u-turn wide enough and almost took out the new bike path fencing. Traffic was backing up after I got backed out I gave up instead of trying again. Funny thing is a truck looking just like Michael's came by looking hard and maybe laughing. I chased him down but it wasn't Michael.

After I sent the girls home and was finally able to start closing up shop around 130. After I hooked up my brake controller would not connect. As everyone knows I'm pulling the max weight my truck can handle and need all the brakes I can find. After checking every wire possible I unplugged the controller from the truck and then it started working. Pulled off my site at 2:02 pm. Luckily the delay gave the bad storms time to move by and I had smooth sailing home.

I want to thank everyone for making us feel welcome even in my strange circumstances. A big thank you to Michael, Nik and Patrick and all the others that helped feed us all week. I think I only actually cooked two meals at my camper and ate out twice. I promise I will do better next year even if I have to cater food in. I have a brother in law with a big rolling smoker I'm going to try to talk into coming or just borrow it. I really enjoyed all the fellowship and already looking forward to next year with the new members joining us. Take care everyone.

Last edited:
Well guess I'm the last one pulling out in the morning, worked out some of the bugs with the new camper, I'm still working on the bunk beds Micheal. We went for one last swim at the beach, it turned out to be a pretty day with a clear starry night,

received_1344954472206795_zpshurrzdat.jpeg

Made one last stop by Michael's favorite place for dinner, Gulf Island Grill, Blake had the Ya-Ya, he said it was awesome, I had the Chicken Alfredo and man it was the best Alfredo I've ever had.

I'm already for the next years meet,

Glad to hear everyone made it home safe. Hate that we will miss y'all next year for GSP 3! As We have other plans for 2018.We had a great time with all of y'all. Judy is sorry she had to leave so soon. Also sorry that my food wasn't up to par this time. I will work on my skills for the next meet we will all be at together again.

Well not everyone made it home without a problem, Patrick had a tire blow out on his way home yesterday,

IMG_0632_zpsmeturwnx.jpg

Thankfully no major damage to his trailer, just his pride, haha. Sad thing is that no body tried to get his attention it let him know he had a problem, it's a sad world out there.

Made it in safe and sound with only one mishap. While I was there I noticed one morning that one of my trailer tires was flat. I took it off and to the tire center at Wal Mart and found out it was a bad valve stem. Fixed it up and back on. I checked all the tires again and all were good. I found when I got home a tire on opposite side is now really low. I'll take it off tomorrow and have it looked at.

I wonder if it's another valve stem issue? Might be best to have the other two replaced if it's another valve stem issue.

Oh, and I now have one of the security guards direct cell phone number just in case I need it in future reference. You see I've been feeding the folks up at check-in this week including security. Well, last night on our way back from dinner I picked them up some ice cream and brownies. I got a call from security shortly after thanking all of us who cooked this week and gave me his number in case we had any future needs. Figure it was worth it.

I'll get my pictures off my Nikon this week and post them up when I can. I left GSP in Randy and Joe's hands. I hope all is well.

Ed, I wouldn't worry about a FP for the tour as much as I would packing a lunch. It's a long tour.

Could have been a longer tour......

2a43345debc547f7102f2c767e7c057e.jpg

Nick your food was awesome. No complaints from me.

Tell Patrick I am glad nothing bad happened. That is definitely a bummer.

Joe glad you got your controller to work.

We slept in on Sunday and I did lots of laundry. I will say Monday after vacation is no good. Ugh it was a rough day.

Can't wait for GSP 3.

Nick based on photos I saw if that was not your A Game then while it is a horrible job I volunteer to be your official taste tester
Michael I worry too much about packing a lunch for the tour of Randy's new 5'er Rumor has it he struck a very lucrative deal on a concession stand

Tell Patrick I am glad nothing bad happened. That is definitely a bummer.

Joe glad you got your controller to work.

We slept in on Sunday and I did lots of laundry. I will say Monday after vacation is no good. Ugh it was a rough day.

Can't wait for GSP 3.

You said it all, sista!

My little patch of grass in the front yard desparately needed to be mowed Saturday afternoon after I got home what with all the rain we had here in Central Alabama.

And hey, Kris, don't be too hard on Bert picking the wrong lane on the way home. If he or I were any good at those kinda odds, we'd be banking our winnings in Las Vegas.

Good luck with your training! :yay:

Bama Ed

Well said.

I secretly knew Nick wasn't going to be there next year, so I booked my arrival on Thursday after Memorial Day. I figured there was no reason to show up too early without the master chef. :-)

I will say Monday after vacation is no good. Ugh it was a rough day.

Can't wait for GSP 3.
You can say that again. I had 8 1/2 hours of meetings in a 9 hour day today. Ugh.

And all I could think about all day was moving closer to the beach.

j

To all those who attended and posted thank you for allowing us to follow along Can't wait to be a part of it next year

It sounds, Mike, like we will only lose one participant from this year (Nic/Dirty White Boys) because he said he has other plans that require a long lead time.

So if we pick up Mike and Arnold/Glo, we are in positive territory. There is still plenty of time to book, folks, and remember, it's only a reservation.

I ate the last of my Beach Cheese today and I have the last of my Gulf Shores food that I brought home (Wal-Mart potato salad) in the fridge. People asked where I was/what I did on vacation last week and I told them how much relaxed fun we had.

Till next year!

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Yes it has been a rough week. I knew it would be. It's a little soon and please no incentive to this but my boss will be moving to another team making me the boss of my team. Right now all contractors but 6 people I will have to manage. My first management task, no way I can travel out for two weeks for support, sending one of my people for one week and I will take the other week. It will help with the dogs and I should be able to switch weeks to not have to be around back to back weeks till end of July. The blessings and curse of low level management. Yes I like my gig as an expert but not having to do admin tasks. Now admin tasks will be my life.

Can't wait for next year.

Ed signed up for a local half here in august. Always need a race .

Man, been a busy week. Had some excitement from the Dismeet follow us home however. As those of you who have joined us in the past, my wife has really bad reactions to the bites of the infamous yellow flies down there. During the day they weren't bad, primarily in the mornings and evenings. Since she didn't roll out of bed until around 9 or 10 the mornings she didn't have to worry about that. In the evenings she stayed under the canopy behind the mosquito net.

Well, our last night there we went out for golf at Adventure Island and she got 1 bite on the top of her right foot. By the time we got home it had blistered up, by day 3 she had developed cellulitis in her entire foot that spread up her leg. We are finally getting a handle on it with antibiotics but man, I'm amazed at the reactions she has. They only give me a small raised area kinda like a mosquito but she goes all out.

We had lots of fun and definitely looking forward to another one next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!