The Governor of California gets a lifetime DL pass?

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I was listening to some feature on Jerry Brown, who was the Governor of California for 4 terms in two separate periods. But the one thing that stuck out was that they indicated that in the 70s he turned down a "lifetime pass for Disneyland" along with other austerity measures he took. I'm wondering what this was supposed to be as I can't find any mention of a lifetime pass for the Governor of California. I know about "Golden Pass" that the first paid visitor to Disneyland got as well as the first two children to visit Disneyland. But that's morphed into a lifetime pass for any Disney theme park around the world (other than the ones in Tokyo).

Anyone have any more info on how this worked? I mean - I don't know if I'd ever be willing to turn down a perk like this if it was offered to me.

Unlikely as it would need to be a reportable gift which is why it was probably also declined if offered as presented.

Unlikely as it would need to be a reportable gift which is why it was probably also declined if offered as presented.

This was in 1975, so the laws/rules back then might have been different. The reporting made it seem that previous California Governors had accepted it.

My kid has taken a huge interest in the opening of Disneyland - asking about all sorts of things about "Black Sunday". I mentioned what I knew including the hot day and the soft, fresh asphalt allowing high heels to sink in as well as the lack of drinking fountains. And the higher than expected crowd (given it was invitation only) counterfeit tickets as well as people using ladders to jump the fences. But of course they had the then Governor of California as a featured guest, as well as future Governor Ronald Reagan.

This was in 1975, so the laws/rules back then might have been different. The reporting made it seem that previous California Governors had accepted it.

My kid has taken a huge interest in the opening of Disneyland - asking about all sorts of things about "Black Sunday". I mentioned what I knew including the hot day and the soft, fresh asphalt allowing high heels to sink in as well as the lack of drinking fountains. And the higher than expected crowd (given it was invitation only) counterfeit tickets as well as people using ladders to jump the fences. But of course they had the then Governor of California as a featured guest, as well as future Governor Ronald Reagan.

Get Disney+ and have them watch The Imagineering Story, they'll love it!

political reform act of 1974. Most government employees have to follow it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!