The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, The Dancing, The Dark Side, And A Cruise!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by tyandskyesmom, Jul 5, 2017.

1. tyandskyesmom

tyandskyesmom DIS Veteran

Standby for the Safari was at 10 minutes so we headed in at 8:49am and walked straight through to the truck. We were sent to the wheel chair gate to wait on a truck. We got on a truck and then had to wait a little to get moving. We were sweating our butts off sitting still with no air flow around us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Baby Cranes on the way into the safari were so cute!

[​IMG]

Finally we were on our way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Wild Dogs were running around playing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tyandskyesmom

There were tons of Giraffes out and about but only one male Elephant (and if you haven't caught on by now, Tyler's favorite is an Elle!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here he is from the other side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Cheetah was up and waling! I think this may have been the only time we have ever seen that!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were off at 9:10am and headed to the trail.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. tyandskyesmom

We walked the trail for a while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skyler loved this big lipped fish who was just floating in one spot looking at her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Gorillas were very fun today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guide said there are a couple of moms and a bunch of babies. The ones out were a boy and a girl and the boy was being crazy and trying to pick on the girl (who is a little older and a little bigger) but he kept sneaking up on her and jumping on her. The guide said the mom who was "watching" them today was just ignoring them and eating. She said every once in a while another mom will come out and "yell" at them and the boy will stop until she leaves. We stood there a while. They were just like human kids!

5. tyandskyesmom

This guy was just over the bridge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We left the trail at 10am. We had a really great time walking it this time! We took off heading towards Asia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skye was thrilled by this African Bunny! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We used our fast passes for Everest. Which was pretty much a walk on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tyler's Chicken Face...

[​IMG]

6. tyandskyesmom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After our awesome ride we headed to Dinoland.

7. tyandskyesmom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We decided to go standby on Dinosaur to laugh at Tyler. Don't know if he's really afraid of it or if he just humors us but it is funny...and it is a little scary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We went in line at 10:50am and standby said 20 minutes...we were off at 11:08am all in one piece.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018 at 9:42 PM
  8. cinderaimee

cinderaimee Mouseketeer

Wow! Loving all the updates! Flying Fish really looks amazing!

tyandskyesmom likes this.
  9. tyandskyesmom

After being scared by Carnitores we looked around the shop. I love this store...it seems to be so well themed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then decided it was time to head to lunch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We checked in for lunch at 11:30am at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and had only a few minute wait, they hadn't opened yet.

[​IMG]

Now, this place is beautiful!

[​IMG]

We were seated right off the mail isle in the room. There is so much ti look at!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were brought water and menus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For appetizers, there was not much the anyone but me wanted so we experimented. Cary ordered the Blacked-Eyed Pea Fritters - Zhough Yogurt, Peppadew Puree.

[​IMG]

Cary ate a little of them and so did I, they were pretty good. The puree and the yogurt was really good with the fritters. The fritters were not dry like they sometimes can be. I would order these again.

I ordered the Sustainable Fish Causa - Peruvian purple potato, Aji amarillo vinaigrette, lime mayonnaise, cilantro, quail egg.

[​IMG]

It was interesting. The flavors were really good together. Again, I was the only one who would try this. The texture is different but not in a bad way. I'm not sure that I would order this again.

Skyler ordered the Tiffins Signature Bread Service - Harissa Yogurt, Zhough Yogurt, Black-Eyed Pea Hummus.

[​IMG]

It's weird that they bring the dips in such a large bowl of the smaller bowls but the bread comes on top. There is about an ice cream scoop sized scoop of each. Me and Cary tried the dips, the kids ate the breads. They were all pretty good...I even liked the hummus here! This would probably get ordered again.

Tyler ordered the Marinated Grilled Octopus - Salsify, Saffron Aioli, Lemon-Caper Olive Oil.

[​IMG]

Just because it was weird. He wouldn't touch it. In fact, once again, I was the only one to taste it. While the flavors were good, I just couldn't get past what it looked like to eat the whole thing. I had a couple of bites but I do not think it would be on our "order again" list.

For entree I ordered the Duo of Lamb - Ethiopian coffee butter-infused lamb loin, boerewors, soubise, chakalaka, tamarind barbecue, leek ash.

[​IMG]

This was really good. It was my first time having lamb. And I would definitely order this again. Cary liked it a lot too! It is chunks of rare lamb and lamb sausages. Yum!

Skyler ordered the Grilled Swordfish - Forbidden Rice, Tsukemono, trumpet royale, carrot-coconut puree with the puree on the side.

[​IMG]

She loved the fish and hated the forbidden rice. I tried it too and I can see why. What makes it forbidden? I did not like the flavor of it either. But the fish was really good, especially with the puree. Skye wouldn't eat the puree but that's her loss. This woudl get ordered again but we would ask to sub the rice for something else.

Cary and Tyler ordered Wagyu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib - Rainbow Carrots, Roasted Peruvian Purple Potatoes, Chimichurri.

[​IMG]

They both loved it. Both pieces of meat were cooked perfectly and even the sauce was good. The carrots and potatoes were cooked really well too. This would be ordered again too!

For dessert Cary ordered Passion Fruit Tapioca Creme - Chocolate Crumble, Citrus Fruits.

[​IMG]

He really loved this. I don't like tapioca at all so I'll take hos work for it. We were laughing at him here because the cup is held to the plate by a "glue" and Cary found it and figured it was sugar or something to that effect so ate it after he pulled it off the plate. He asked the waiter what it was and he told him it was a glue that is edible but not meant to be eaten...we found this hilarious and we teased him about being the glue eater.

Skye ordered the Sorbet Tasting - Kaffir Lime Syrup, Passion Fruit Curd, crunchy Vanilla Crouton.

[​IMG]

She loved it! The whole thing!

Tyler ordered the Calamansi Mousse - Mango Lava, Swiss Meringue...but it was served slightly differently.

[​IMG]

We all liked this.

And I ordered the Lime Cheesecake - Almond-Sesame Tuile, Green Tea Sponge.

[​IMG]

Which was the best dessert according to me (Cary would say his was)! It was really good with not too much, over the top lime flavor but just enough. It had a mango puree with it and it paired well. I would get this again!

Our server was David L and he was good. He explained the decor and the menu. He filled drinks quickly. He offered to brig Tyler a different appetizer when he saw he wasn't eating his octopus. We did not take him up on that though because there really wasn't anything else he wanted. He was friendly but not in your face. We were getting seating for Rivers of Light for the evening so he gave us our passes and explained where to go to be seated.

Overall, I think we really liked Tiffins but I don't think it is a dining plan venue for us. We could do without the appetizers. And while the entrees are not huge, we probably would be good with one or two desserts. But I do think we will be back someday.

We used 8 credits but the cost would have been $300.29!

10. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake DIS Veteran

Yeah, I can imagine why she wouldn't like it. I've tried it and it is definitely weird texture and flavor wise. So, it's called Forbidden Rice because in ancient times it was revered by the Chinese for being very healthy and rare, so only the Emperor or very rich could eat it.

tyandskyesmom likes this.
  11. tyandskyesmom

Lunch lasted about one hour and 45 minutes...long for us but it was hot outside, cool inside, pretty inside, and food was paced nicely so we just enjoyed ourselves. At 1:15pm we headed out.

[​IMG]

And we headed towards Pandora.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We headed over to Flight of Passage and since the standby line was at 90 minutes we decided to wait so we could see the whole queue. Now I went into this knowing I might not be able to ride. So we got to the seat outside and there was a young man there helping people check it out. And NOPE...not gonna work. I was about, from what he said, 4-5 inches too far from the legs locking in place. I was disappointed but I still wanted to go through the line and see everything. He said that is fine and to just tell the person at the end that I was not riding. So we headed in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tyler had ridden a couple of times already because he would come after we went back to bed and wait in line for two hours. He was dying to tell us about it but we wouldn't let him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a huge queue for this ride. There are multiple rooms and areas to walk through. When we got to the point when the seperate you into the rooms that you will be going to we were asked "how many" to which we ansereds 3 riding one walking through. So the guy asked who was not riding. I said me. He asked why and I told him that according to the seat outside I wasn't going to fit. So he says "you've come this far, why not try again. The worst that happens is the help you out." He also said that the seats are all different sizes. So we headed in.

[​IMG]

You have to put your stuff in cubbies in the back and board the banshee. It is like riding a motor cycle. There were two other people who needed help. The CM came over and told me to move as far forward as I could on the seat and to remove my flip flops and move my toes all the way to the front of the unit and stand on tip toes. After some pushing on my calves, I WAS IN!!!!! And good to go!!!!

AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

I have to say, it did make me a bit dizzy but it was an awesome ride. We all loved it. No one else had a problem fitting, even 6 foot 3 inch Tyler.

And guess what?

It was time for our Flight of Passage fast passes!!!!

So we headed back up. We quickly got through to the front and in. Skye and I were in one car and Ty and Cary in another. And this time, the CM couldn't get me in. I told him I had just ridden. He tried a really long time (there were others trying still too). He even had me switch with Skye but nope, it wasn't happening. So they took my out the exit to wait for the others. While there a CM came down and gave up two additional fast passes for each of us (including being able to use one for Flight of Passage!!!) for use today. And she told me to tell the person at the front that I needed to ride in a specific car (I don't remember which one) because that car has larger seats. As they came out, they all had their bands scanned for the additional fast passes and we went around to ride again.

This time we were through quickly. We told the girl at the front about the car and she seemed to have a bit of an attitude about it but she did it and this time I didn't even need squishing...the backs went down and it just locked by itself.

So I rode twice and everyone else rode 3 times in about 2 hours! We loved it! It appears there are options for larger people as all the seats are not the same...so if you're on the larger side and are worried about it ask for a larger seat. And tip toes all the way forward.

I was so happy I went through that first time!

12. tyandskyesmom

From here we headed back to the Safari again and used fast passes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We walked right on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can tell, we saw elephants this time! And I managed to just enjoy the rest without a camera in my face this time.

It was super hot out so as we were walking up from there we stopped at Pizzafari for two Mandarin Orange Lemonades.

[​IMG]

It was very cool in there so we grabbed a table and cooled off a bit. The drinks were a great light refresher!

We used two snack credits but it would have cost $8.50.

13. tyandskyesmom

After cooling off, we headed to the bus for dinner. We were in line for a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge at 5:30pm. A bus came quickly and we arrived to the beautiful (an my personal favorite) Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We grabbed a seat in the busy lobby and a while becasue we were hot and tired and early for dinner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eventually the guys went to change and we headed downstairs.