The Good News Is......

Just to wish a happy 23rd anniversary to the DIS. Let's continue with the respectful, informative and friendly discussion on all topics. Ive been a member since 2007 and I've learned so much from everyone.
Remember Dis Unplugged show is today rather than tomorrow
Cake time :cake:

The good news is: Restaurants and bars, museums etc. reopened today in the Netherlands! :D

Oh, and yesterday was the 25th birthday of Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris, and I have made a reservation at a Disneyhotel at DLP late July, with good hopes DLP will be open again (and giving pre-booking access to hotel guests from EU)

The good news is: Restaurants and bars, museums etc. reopened today in the Netherlands! :D

Oh, and yesterday was the 25th birthday of Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris, and I have made a reservation at a Disneyhotel at DLP late July, with good hopes DLP will be open again (and giving pre-booking access to hotel guests from EU)

I saw that, one of my friends works in Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam and he went back to work today :)

The good news is: I've just made my reservations to go to Dutch themepark Efteling in late June :) By then their new coaster will be open which got a little bit of a delay due to corona. By then their park-closing-fountain-show should be back up. Indoor restaurants have reopened. There are at least 2 big rides that are new to me since my last visit. Weather should be great, and because it takes me three hours by public transportation and I do not want to get up early, but do want to be there at park opening, I have decided to book an overnight stay with it! My best friend from Belgium will be coming too, the borders will reopen on the 15th.

As far as I have heard the reopening with all the measures is going really well, the only real issue was with the bathrooms. Also those are at reduced capacity (not more than 1 family at a time), so there were queues. They have solved this with portable bathrooms. And some of the extended queues for rides were too short, so one ride got it's queue extended to a backstage parking lot :P

My cancelled September 2020 European Disney cruise has now been rebooked to a September 2021 European cruise. Dreams Unlimited even managed to get me back into the same stateroom as on my cancelled cruise. As Disney is giving 125% Future Cruise Credit I have rebooked a more expensive cruise and still have about $200 left over which gets converted to on board credit. So not only do I have a longer more expensive cruise in 2021 but I also have credit for onboard shopping! :Pinkbounc

My cancelled September 2020 European Disney cruise has now been rebooked to a September 2021 European cruise. Dreams Unlimited even managed to get me back into the same stateroom as on my cancelled cruise. As Disney is giving 125% Future Cruise Credit I have rebooked a more expensive cruise and still have about $200 left over which gets converted to on board credit. So not only do I have a longer more expensive cruise in 2021 but I also have credit for onboard shopping! :Pinkbounc
Totally cool! And... you realize that we are expecting a full trip report? :)

Totally cool! And... you realize that we are expecting a full trip report? :)

well I already had a pre trip planning thread in the Cruise Meets section here on Dis for my cancelled cruise, and I have just started the one for my rebooked 2021 cruise, so I'm waay ahead of you :cool2:

The good news is that the boards are more active now! :)

Except now all of our collective knowledge is somewhat useless!

I’m going to have to start my posts with “back in my day pre-COVID...”

On the bright side, we’re all even again, and everything about experiencing Disneyland will be new. I think us DL folks are primed to roll with the punches since trip planning for DL is much different than WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!