The Good News Is......

If they are too long for you, adding pleats to the sides is easiest.

As long as a mask covers your nose and mouth, it prevents droplets from flying out and becoming aerosols. It’s okay if they are long, a lot of essential store staff wear long bandannas.

“Everyone is on guard against the droplets that spray out from a coronavirus patient’s cough or sneeze. They’re a big reason public health officials have suggested everyone should wear masks.”
https://www.mic.com/p/asymptomatic-coronavirus-carriers-5-crucial-things-to-know-22860393

Edited, since I measured my face!

Thanks for the tip! I just got out my tape measure and it looks like the large (with the center 'unpleated') will be just about right for my average sized adult female face. Not sure about nDH though. May need to make longer ear-loops for him or perhaps sew in panels of coordinated cloth on the sides to make it a bit wider. But since he is, after all, a nDH (non-Disney Husband) I expect he won't be too disappointed not to be 'rassled' to the ground and 'forced' into a Mickey Mouse Mask. 😜

They do seem to be sized somewhat small. But that's par for the course for Disney, isn't it? It's only at Disney that normally 'size medium' me has to buy an XXL tee shirt to get one that fits.

Last edited:

omg, just had the most busy morning. One of my clients was featured in a national newspaper, her website crashed with the amount of people looking to order her products and now 2 ranges are sold out.

All around people are out of work and business are closing, while my client's online shop is running out of products and her business is very busy and she will be expanding , not closing when the restrictions are lifted :Pinkbounc

omg, just had the most busy morning. One of my clients was featured in a national newspaper, her website crashed with the amount of people looking to order her products and now 2 ranges are sold out.

All around people are out of work and business are closing, while my client's online shop is running out of products and her business is very busy and she will be expanding , not closing when the restrictions are lifted :Pinkbounc
Really proud of you for posting this this morning! Way to focus on the positive! :)

If it's allowed, could you mention the website? What does your client sell?
I'm part of a Renaissance Faire Relief group, and I've found so many new vendors from across the country to try out. I truly admire the ways some people have been able to adapt and adjust to this situation.

I know for many here, May the 4th is a day of joy, to celebrate all things Star Wars. It's a weird week here in The Netherlands.

27 April - King's Day, to celebrate the King's Birthday.
4 May - Memorial Day, to commemorate everyone who died during the Second World War and all wars after.
5 May - Celebrate our freedom, so that we never forget to be grateful for living in peace now.

All these days are days where we come together. To celebrate and to mourn. But this year we can't. Why do I place this in the thread 'the good news is', because I see how creative we are as a nation. Yes, we do not have any festivals or flea markets like we normally on 27 April and 5 May, but there were and are so many initiatives to make this work while we are all at home.
On 27 April, at noon the King speeched, there was an at home concert by one of our largest orchestras with our national anthem. The queen and her daughters opened the online flea market on our Ebay. There were concerts all over youtube. And we could still buy the special snacks we eat normally. And wear our national color orange :P

Today, our memorial day was supposed to be special, as it is 75 years after the end of the Second World War for the Netherlands, all events are cancelled. But maybe it was now even more special and more memorable because we are at this moment chosing to stay 'imprisoned' for our health and our freedom in the future. The only memorial ceremony we have now is on an empty Dam Square in Amsterdam city center with only the King, Queen, Prime Minister and the mayor of Amsterdam. Normally there are thousands of people present to watch. The empty square made the King's Speech more moving.
But also here, we can see the creativity in people and that there are ways to be together without being together. At two minutes to 8 o'clock, before the two minutes of silence, there is a trumpet player who plays the Last Post (our version of it), this year, all trumpet players in the land were requested to play along, and it was very moving.
Somehow being apart, brings us together as well, and I think that's a beautiful thing. :)

Let's see what happens tomorrow, the good news there is: I can go to bed at a normal time! I live near the city center and on 5 May there are festivals about half a mile away from my home, keeping me awake till midnight or later. But this year, I can go to sleep whenever I want!

Last edited:
The good thing is....

thanks to my friend, Mr Jack the Hammer, I've successfully dug another hole to Wuhan, so phase 3 of my great green privacy wall with Nosy Neighbor is ready to proceed. :rotfl2:

Just got some more good news.

My Monday client is starting to reopen for online only, I'm not back to full hours for him yet but its a start

My Tuesday and Wednesday client is reopening their business on May 18 , in the first phase of non essential businesses reopening. So from May 18 I will be back to full hours for them.

My Friday client never closed, I have been working every Friday as normal all through the lockdown.

So basically in 2 weeks I will be almost back to my before Covid 19 hours and income. I'll still be working from home for a good while yet, but from a work and financial point of view, my life is returning to what it was before Covid 19.

I know I am in a very fortunate position, I didn't even have to go on the Government Covd 19 Unemployment Benefit scheme and my life both personal and professional will be relatively unchanged from the lockdown and Covid 19 restrictions.

Just got some more good news.

My Monday client is starting to reopen for online only, I'm not back to full hours for him yet but its a start

My Tuesday and Wednesday client is reopening their business on May 18 , in the first phase of non essential businesses reopening. So from May 18 I will be back to full hours for them.

My Friday client never closed, I have been working every Friday as normal all through the lockdown.

So basically in 2 weeks I will be almost back to my before Covid 19 hours and income. I'll still be working from home for a good while yet, but from a work and financial point of view, my life is returning to what it was before Covid 19.

I know I am in a very fortunate position, I didn't even have to go on the Government Covd 19 Unemployment Benefit scheme and my life both personal and professional will be relatively unchanged from the lockdown and Covid 19 restrictions.
This is good news! If things continue to go well with work, by the time of your next visit to DLR, you could have a bit extra saved up -- maybe that could mean a few extra days in the parks or something extra special to bring home as a remembrance of an extra meaningful trip?

This is good news! If things continue to go well with work, by the time of your next visit to DLR, you could have a bit extra saved up -- maybe that could mean a few extra days in the parks or something extra special to bring home as a remembrance of an extra meaningful trip?

Thanks, I know, I'm in a really odd position of having more disposable income after Covid 19 than before, which is far from what the majority of people will experience. Even here on Dis I see so many cancelling Disney Parks, DVC, ABD and cruises due to financial reasons. However its people like me, who are not impacted financially who will be the ones to keep so many businesses and industries afloat in the next few months, as we return to before Covid 19 spending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!