The Fort Won't Be The Only Dog-friendly WDW Resort Much Longer . . .

I can think of 1,001 disgraceful things people can/have/will do/done in a hotel room and only about 10 disgracful things an animal is capable of.

I'm not a fan of pets nor hotel rooms, but come on people! You're going to cancel on this? Even I, the pickiest of picky would not cancel over this.

And another thing....I would like to see a show of hands or anyone for that matter, that would think Disney would actually have these guidelines and designated areas set up PRIOR to rolling out this new policy. Does it make sense to have these in order before hand? Yes! No doubt, but we now live in a world of half-a$$, nit-whits. For the most part, it's the blind leading the blind. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Last edited:
Just an update for anyone interested. We are here now in the 2700 loop. I was told at check-in that this loop would be pet free. However, the cabin next door to us has had a dog for the past two days. Obviously, the kinks are not worked out of this change yet.

First time at the Fort, and we love it! Hopefully, the dog issue won't keep us from coming back. We have had a great time here.

Just an update for anyone interested. We are here now in the 2700 loop. I was told at check-in that this loop would be pet free. However, the cabin next door to us has had a dog for the past two days. Obviously, the kinks are not worked out of this change yet.

First time at the Fort, and we love it! Hopefully, the dog issue won't keep us from coming back. We have had a great time here.
You should post this in the “actual dog experiences” thread.

Other than being told dogs would not be in that loop, no problems with the dog? Barking? Deposits not picked up? I know these were things People thought would happen frequently.

I just hope that the new policy doesn't cause a hike in the pet fee we pay when the dogs are in the RV with us.

Have you seen how upset this had made some people? WOW other hotels have been successfully doing this for years. Disney even said it will be specific pet friendly rooms so it will be easily avoidable.

Have you seen how upset this had made some people? WOW other hotels have been successfully doing this for years. Disney even said it will be specific pet friendly rooms so it will be easily avoidable.

Oh no, this was mild compared to some we've seen in the past.

Discussion of pets can get some upset, but not nearly as bad as subjects such as pool hopping, mobility scooters and people getting run over, and my personal favorite, blowing bubbles while standing in line and people losing their eyesight.

It'll settle down after a few months and very little will be heard of it again.

I too fear that the biggest impact from this will be elevated pet fees, but we'll have to wait and see on that one but I won't be surprised.

We have a dog next to us in the 2300 loop currently. Not sure if this is supposed to be a pet free loop or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!