The (Fort) Wilderness Must Be Explored (by golf cart)! update 11/2 Day 0

absolutmey

always planning another trip
:welcome:

So, we're back. While it was wonderful to be back in the World with my DH and DS, I almost instantly regretted taking the ILs. Please buckle up for my first TR:

The (Fort) Wilderness Must Be Explored (by golf cart)!

or the trip that might have also been titled "You're as cute as a toe" or "Where's Tom? Oh, in the bathroom. Again" or (lastly) "What are we doing now?" :sad2:

Here's the lineup of days to come:
Friday 10/21 - Day 0 - "the one where I get off work early, schedule a duct cleaning, pick up the car late and completely miss the hockey game"
Saturday 10/22 - Departure/Surprise reveal/Trail's End Dinner/HS w/ SWaGS/Publix trip "we're finally on the way!"
Sunday 10/23 - AK/Trail's End breakfast/Yak & Yeti QS/Monorail Crawl "well, that didn't go as planned" or "well, that was kind of lame"
Monday 10/24 - EP (day 1)/Sunshine Seasons lunch/Raglan Road dinner "the trial separation"
Tuesday 10/25 - Whispering Canyon lunch/MNSSHP "the one where Tom gets sick on Nemo"
Wednesday 10/26 - (EP day 2)/Biergarten lunch "the formal separation"
Thursday 10/27 - HS/50's PT lunch/Sci Fi dinner "once, twice, three times a lady leading the march of the first order"
Friday 10/28 - MK EMH/BOG lunch/O'hana dinner "why did we get here so early, then?"
Saturday 10/29 - "headed home, finally" or "I forgot my mouth guard!!!!!"

There were MANY bumps :rolleyes2 along the way in this trip. I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats.

More to come.

Last edited:
Am I first?! I'm joining in!! Can't wait to hear all about it, the teasers really got me popcorn::

Friday 10/21 - Day 0“the one where I get off work early, schedule a duct cleaning, pick up the car late and completely miss the hockey game”

At this point, I was just about to burst with excitement and couldn’t wait to tell Quinn about the trip. DH and I had gone back and forth (and back and forth) about when/how to tell him we were going. In the end, we decided to just wait until Saturday morning when we woke him up.

As the title suggests, this day was FULL.

Backstory: we’d all been having some respiratory issues over the last month or so and after an HVAC system check, it was suggested to us that we get the ducts cleaned out. Well, of course, the only day they had prior to the trip was 10/21, in the afternoon. I was assured they’d call me to let me know when they’d arrive.

Here’s what was supposed to happen:

12pm – Megan gets off work
12:30pm – Megan gets home, finishes packing/cleaning
12-2pm – duct service window
3pm – pick up rental SUV, park it across the street (Megan and Will)
5:30pm – DS hockey game (all attend), grab dinner afterward, head to our house

Here’s what actually happened:

12pm – Megan gets off work
12:20pm – Megan gets home, waits for techs to call, packs some things, cleans nothing
1:30pm – DH gets home
2:15pm – techs show up
3pm – Megan gets call from Hertz asking if I’m coming to pick up SUV or not
4pm – DH leaves to go pick up DS for hockey game (without me)
4:30pm – techs finish and spend 10 more minutes discussing every disgusting thing they found in our duct work
4:45pm – get text from MiL “we have too much work; we can’t come to the hockey game”
5pm – finally pick up SUV, go home (alone), eat dinner (alone) and wait for everyone to arrive :bored:
7:30pm - DH and DS arrive
8:30pm - MiL and FiL arrive

Twice this night, FiL begins talking about the trip with DS in the other room, in earshot. He has to be told twice to shut up. Then, later after DS has gone to bed, he stands directly outside his door and talks about the trip (for a third time) at a level between air raid siren and airplane take off. I told DH that if he woke up DS or spoiled the surprise, he wasn’t going. :sad2: We all went to bed shortly thereafter.

End of Day 0: 10:30pm (alarm clock set for 3:30am)

Yay, you've started! And I'm on the first page :cheer2: Between your intro, last comment on your PTR and your first update, I totally cannot WAIT to read more!

Twice this night, FiL begins talking about the trip with DS in the other room, in earshot. He has to be told twice to shut up. Then, later after DS has gone to bed, he stands directly outside his door and talks about the trip (for a third time) at a level between air raid siren and airplane take off. I told DH that if he woke up DS or spoiled the surprise, he wasn’t going. :sad2: We all went to bed shortly thereafter.

What the....????? I'm angry for you. I'm completely flabbergasted...no words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter