The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Poll

Read post #1 below. WHEN Would You Be Interested In A FW DISMeet?

• October 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 2020

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • October 2020

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Either month in 2020

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Either year in October

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • All three dates would work for me

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is a picture of my tired old bike and one of my last work bike. Picture was taken at the overlook on the Dragon US129 during one of our annual trips. That used to be our Memorial Day trip every year until we joined this group camping thing.

Attachments

• Bike4.jpg
    Bike4.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 934.jpg
    934.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 17
Just gonna throw this out there. I endorse the idea of a Dis Meet at Ft W wholeheartedly whenever it happens. On my way to my regular Good Mommy and Daddy club I suddenly had a strange idea. Based on my experiences at Disney in the 80's and 90's Disney back then made a big deal for their anniversary when they hit 5 year increments. September 2021 will be the 50th. Based on what they did for the 15, 20, and 25 year marks I would say they will throw a year long party, Might be a good year to look into and give everyone time to set themselves up

Some info and rumors on the 50th celebration. Those "in the know" say Memorial Day 2021 thru 2022 will be the time period. Also it's going to be EXTRA busy during this. It would be cool to be there Oct 1 for the Anniversary.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...th-anniversary-will-commence-in-2021.3692151/

Poking my nose in on this thread as the timing fits with our potential camping trip!

Anyone else traveling with littles? In Oct 2020 we'll have a DD age 8.5 and DS age 4. I'll just apologize now for the chaos we're likely to bring.

Anyone else traveling with littles? In Oct 2020 we'll have a DD age 8.5 and DS age 4. I'll just apologize now for the chaos we're likely to bring.
No apologies needed. Kids are fun. I know several have young'ish kids. I have a 20 year (who will be 22 by then), but he acts 8-10 most days, so your kids will fit right in. :D

j

musika: No problems with the kids, we are 60+ and the DW tells me at times I act like a 8 year old!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

musika: No problems with the kids, we are 60+ and the DW tells me at times I act like a 8 year old!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

You and me both, rajak73.

musika, we'd love to have you and the kids. My kids are in their 20s but no doubt they'll try to scam their way onto my campsite, try to talk nice to me for a day or two ticket, and then flatter me when the dinner check arrives at the table. (that's what you have to look forward to when they grow up). :rolleyes:

We've determined late May 2019 is the farthest out we can book those dates so pay attention here and on the Camping Community Board. Anyone else is welcome.

Bama Ed

Poking my nose in on this thread as the timing fits with our potential camping trip!

Two kids? Nobody will notice them if you're near our site! Not sure which part of October we'll be doing (could shoot for Halloween), but our plan right now is for our next trip to be in October 2020. We'll have DS13, DD11, DS7, and DD2.

The picnic pavilion between the pool and tennis courts is an option. But it has positives and negatives associated with it.

And the group area is a possibility too, cinderellagirl2280.

Or a loop with a grassy open central area in the middle.

We got time but it's fun to consider the possibilities. :flower1:

Bama Ed

We could take over the dog park?

Anybody?

It would be a good time to score site 1446 again. Have that whole grassy area behind it and the tetherball court under the trees. We may very well have to wait until we all get there and see who has the better option site.

Are we going to try to coordinate loops or everyone just stay wherever? I wonder if Disney could help us make sure we all end up somewhat close together. I know some folks will want different loop types but would just be cool to take over an entire loop lol

We get all these folks together on one night at one site it's gonna look like a bed of ants on a Twinkie!

So do we get to have dibs on who gets the cream filling and who gets the cake?:scratchin Can we just tunnel down to the filling right away?:cool2:

So do we get to have dibs on who gets the cream filling and who gets the cake?:scratchin Can we just tunnel down to the filling right away?:cool2:
Rajak if there is a Twinkie I suspect none of us are going to get any of it. Local chapter of NSS will scoop that up faster than a handgun on the street in NYC

Waiting patiently :crazy::rolleyes1(It's taking FOREVER!) for June to make my reservations for Oct 2020
Coincidentally, the group that will be at GSP in May/June this year will all be together on day 499 before the proposed DISMeet 2020 at the Fort. I can see us all at Ed's site, working on the puzzle, on hold with the WDW reservation line trying to book the same dates.

j

Coincidentally, the group that will be at GSP in May/June this year will all be together on day 499 before the proposed DISMeet 2020 at the Fort. I can see us all at Ed's site, working on the puzzle, on hold with the WDW reservation line trying to book the same dates.

j

Can they link that many reservations together ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!