The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Poll

Read post #1 below. WHEN Would You Be Interested In A FW DISMeet?

• October 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 2020

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • October 2020

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Either month in 2020

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Either year in October

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • All three dates would work for me

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry just tuned in to see this thread. As usual we will be there from 0ct 28th thru Nov 16th 2018. and Nov 3rd thru the 22nd 2019. Would like to attend the DIS meet but we are back to all November trips to the Fort.. Just came back from Gettysburg and heading out to Lancaster Thursday.

Hate that, but I should be able to see you this October for one evening at least.

Well I voted for May 2020. Like Ed stated we always try to go to the Fort for Halloween. We have already booked for Gulf State park in May of 2019 for the Dismeet and the Fort Halloween week 2019. I can't see us being able to go twice in a month unless my job situation changes by then.

Late exit polls give a significant lead to October 2020 as preferred choice. Should these indicators hold up ew will be what weekend.
Should this trend the next step will be which week/weekend will work for the majority. SOME contingency planning should considered. While natural events like Hurricanes are rare they are a possibility. If we were to evacuated from Ft W to a resort because of one I am sure at least some of us might, understandably consider heading home. For those who remain, Questions like :
1 Do we invite others at the resort to join in activities such as:
Pot Luck Dinners and Communal Meals. (Some how I suspect Management is going to frown on us running a bunch of grills in the lobby)
Recreational activities Will others be allowed to participate in Puzzle time, Corn-hole tournaments, and the newly established Alligator Wrestling and associated sports wagering on this one

Well it wasn't even close. The poll closed two minutes ago.

At least for October 2020 Columbus Day week we've got plenty of time to plan.

Thanks to all who voted and/or left a comment.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Sounds GREAT! Thanks, Ed for putting this together.

In case anyone is interested, here is the image link to a countdown ticker. Add the "image" to your signature and it will tell everyone when we get together in 2020.

(It is exactly 2 years and 3 months from today! The ticker is based on arriving the Saturday- October 10th, before Columbus Day)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/9wvfmxcrve3s184g.png

j

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight Teamubr. The arrival date, we should shoot for is 10/10/2020 ? Anybody check what the future date will be to make reservations ? Im old, forget things, and cannot count over 20 :-)

So, let me get this straight Teamubr. The arrival date, we should shoot for is 10/10/2020 ? Anybody check what the future date will be to make reservations ? Im old, forget things, and cannot count over 20 :-)

If I can stick my neck out (so Teamubr doesn't have to).....

Based on my experience with DISMeets we've done at the Fort during Marathon week, Halloween, etc. and the Gulf DISMeets, people arrive at different times. So here is the basic calendar now that we know we are talking October 2020:

Arrive sometime around Saturday Oct 10, 2020 or Sunday Oct 11, 2020 (or whenever you can around then).

Monday October 12, 2020 is Columbus day during the week in question.

We have typically tried to clear one afternoon for a group lunch or one evening for a group dinner of some fashion (pot luck, rotating host, etc.). Given enough advance notice (we have 2+ years in our case), folks can hit this. Then they can schedule their ADR, special ticket events like MNSS, and other around it well in advance.

We should maybe shoot for Monday-Wednesday Oct 12-14 to have our get-together. Date/time TBD.

Stay as long as you want. Mix, mingle, visit each other, do dinner in small groups, do whatever, the rest is up to you. Thursday Oct 15 is the soonest we might safely say it's okay to leave (if we do a get together on that Wednesday which means you could come in as late as Tues Oct 13). Based on that timeframe, 3B, early June 2019 is the earliest time you can book.

As a reminder (based on my experience and past attempts at things like this), a Fort/DW event should be loosely planned to hit the key get together event (broadly planned) and anything on top of that is ad hoc or loose groups. Because folks will want their park days, their shopping days, their ADR times, special ticket event times, etc.

Bama Ed

PS - Teamubr, I beg your forgiveness for jumping in....

If I can stick my neck out (so Teamubr doesn't have to).....
Thank you sir. I generally do a fine job getting my own neck out there. I appreciate someone else doing it for me this time.
PS - Teamubr, I beg your forgiveness for jumping in....
No begging needed. This is your topic/survey. I was just excited about the plans shaping up and jumped in to help.

2 years and 3 months... tick, tick, tick... :-)

j

I can't see us being able to go twice in a month unless my job situation changes by then.
We are all hoping your job situation changes so that you can come twice in October 2020. :thumbsup2
Of course I personally am hoping that everyone's situation changes so that everybody can go to The Fort anytime they want :scratchin :rolleyes1 Just sayin'

Thanks Tigger92662, As of today I'm working 12 hr shifts every Sat, Sun and Mon with Tues-Fri off. It's possible we may can work something out. Even if we got a hotel in Kissimmee and just visited the Fort during the Dismeet. Another option is putting the camper in storage for two weeks until we return. I will add to what Michael was saying. Researching this years trip I noticed the MNSSHP is starting earlier this year and there are at 3 parties each week in October. I'm willing to try if I can work something out we will be there.

Just gonna throw this out there. I endorse the idea of a Dis Meet at Ft W wholeheartedly whenever it happens. On my way to my regular Good Mommy and Daddy club I suddenly had a strange idea. Based on my experiences at Disney in the 80's and 90's Disney back then made a big deal for their anniversary when they hit 5 year increments. September 2021 will be the 50th. Based on what they did for the 15, 20, and 25 year marks I would say they will throw a year long party, Might be a good year to look into and give everyone time to set themselves up

That might not be a bad idea FtW Mike. The bride and I were at the last milestone anniversary 25th and our 25th, so the 50th would be special for both us and Disney :love2:

I'm diggin' FtwMike's idea. Only thought I have is being so close to the true date of 10/01, will prices and or availability be a problem?
I personally am doing my duty to buy Lottery tickets every week to try to alleviate this problem. :rolleyes1

I'm betting we can get our favorite TA extraordinaire to get us booked the day reservation open. That year I would be willing to skip Halloween if it meant being there for extras. Did I mention that being a motorcycle dude I am very excited that MK is getting Tron. Hopefully it will be opening in time for the anniversary celebration.

I'm betting we can get our favorite TA extraordinaire to get us booked the day reservation open. That year I would be willing to skip Halloween if it meant being there for extras. Did I mention that being a motorcycle dude I am very excited that MK is getting Tron. Hopefully it will be opening in time for the anniversary celebration.

I am not sure that Harley or Cruiser bikers will be able to handle the speed of Tron. It is a different experience.

20170222_141311_resized.jpg

My ride, it is a 2011.

Nice Bike Chris and yeah I'm sure as with most Busas that thing will kill you three times as fast as my Hog can go. I gave up that kind of speed when I sold my Honda Hurricane 1000 and went back to cruiser. That bike was the fastest production bike built to that date. Also after spending 6 years on a police motor I can handle the adrenalin rush. Only pity is it will be locked on the track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!