The Fort Wilderness August 2017 Movie and Rec Calendar (New Stuff Inside)...

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
The August 2017 FW Calendar is out already and it's a good thing it came out early because there are some new things in here to consider.

First, note the time. They are are showing the 7:30pm time but if you look at the bottom of page 1 that's still the fire lighting time. The singalong still starts at 8pm and movie at 840pm.

Second, some movie notes. "Jungle Book" is on Friday August 11 which is a Bama Ed favorite. And two weeks later, on Friday August 25, there are a series of shorts (something new - cartoons maybe?)

Third, there is a Doggy Days event listed at the top of page 2 - I guess this is at the movie time? And still at the movie/campfire ring? It's on Saturday August 5.

Last, there is a Golf Cart Drive In Movie on Friday August 25 - "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" starting at 10:30pm behind the Mickey's Backyard BBQ (which is WAY past the Bama Ed bedtime). It's a double feature to go with the shorts mentioned above (different locations though).

Give the entertainment CM folks credit for trying some different things. :teeth:

PWR1FAKf-Aug2017-1.png

PWR1FAKf-Aug2017-2.png

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing! We will be there at the cabins for 4 nights in August & very excited about it. I doubt we will be out late enough to see the night time movies with our 2 & 4 year old but we will definitely be at the campfire at least one night-hopefully every night! And who knows? Maybe the kids will stay up late for movies-it's vacation after all! Cheers and thanks again for sharing the info!

For the golf cart drive in- Does anyone know if you can still see/watch the movie without a cart or is it mandatory?
Has this been done before or is this something new?

For the golf cart drive in- Does anyone know if you can still see/watch the movie without a cart or is it mandatory?
Has this been done before or is this something new?

Jenny,

This is a new event as long as I've been involved in helping post the movie calendars which is going on 3-4 years. I actually like the idea and I am glad to see they are trying something new.

I can't imagine Disney turning anyone away for an event that is free to their guests. So bring your sling folding chairs if you want to and stay to the side or out of the way since it is primarily a golf cart event and enjoy the festivities.

Please go to it and tell us about it after. Pretty Please?

Bama Ed

Darn it, the golf cart drive-in is a week before we get there. MAAAAAAAANNNNN!!! I would love to do that, and I am a huge comic book nerd so I also love that movie, although I have seen it a few times already. Anyone who goes have a great time & report back!!! :)

Interesting. I like the idea, but this is WAY past my bed time. :D

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!