The Fort to Wilderness Lodge to MK with scooter

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
We've unexpectedly had family come in from out of town so now I'm looking at staying a single night in a cabin tomorrow (Wed night). We have a breakfast at 9:30am Thursday at Wilderness Lodge and then are spending the rest of the day at MK. We'll have a scooter with us.

If I remember correctly, we can't take the scooter on the boat that goes to the three hotels. How would we get to breakfast and what time should we leave to get there?

P.S. Our family is staying at AKL and driving. Would anyone know if I should have them park at the TTC, get to MK, then take boat to Wilderness Lodge for breakfast?

Last edited:
There is a bus that runs between the Fort's Settlement Depot (bus stop down near the lake) and Wilderness Lodge.

Sometimes the Fort internal Yellow bus line will come into the Depot and then change its external digital sign to show the next stop as Wilderness Lodge so you could take it. And sometimes the bus comes up the paved road from Wilderness Lodge, loops into the stop, and then will take you to the Lodge.

IIRC the scooter will get loaded first before people board and will be unloaded last at the destination.

In both scenarios above, you can take the internal Purple or Orange bus line that comes down through the cabin main road to get down to the Settlement Depot.

Have a good time at breakfast. You can take the WL bus to MK afterward.

Bama Ed

PS - leaving the MK if you are bound for the Fort, the scooter can roll on/off the big boat that runs between the park and Fort. And you are correct, the small boat that runs between the Contemp, Fort, and WL will not accommodate it.

Thanks! It's so much easier to get around when we stay in a tent and just use a golf cart.

I've been outvoted! The rest of the family wants to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, so we'll have to check out the cabins another trip.

Thanks for the advice Bama Ed. I'll definitely use it when we do stay.

We've unexpectedly had family come in from out of town so now I'm looking at staying a single night in a cabin tomorrow (Wed night). We have a breakfast at 9:30am Thursday at Wilderness Lodge and then are spending the rest of the day at MK. We'll have a scooter with us.

If I remember correctly, we can't take the scooter on the boat that goes to the three hotels. How would we get to breakfast and what time should we leave to get there?

P.S. Our family is staying at AKL and driving. Would anyone know if I should have them park at the TTC, get to MK, then take boat to Wilderness Lodge for breakfast?
also used the yellow bus to the Lodge and changed to MK bus there when boats were down due to storm as aheads up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter