The fort sure wasn't peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pricing wont change bad behaviors. If that was the case and the complaints about the cost of WDW where true there would be no posts like this. Poor enforcement and self entitlement of "my money, my vacation" are the true root of this. I have been to many campgrounds of various costs and have found that its the enforcement of the rules that keep the peace, not the price per night. Reality is that if you have a sight breaking the rules (not just doing things you find annoying) report it. It won't be addressed unless paying customers say something.

*Snobbish attitudes and disparaging remarks should have no place on the forum.
*Economic status does not dictate acceptable behavioral standards, good parenting does.
*Courtesy and respect are life-lessons we must embrace individually, taught to us by those we trust and respect.
*Respect must be earned, it cannot be dictated by “arbitrary rules” enforcement.
*Finally, I was not there to personally witness the events listed above. However, if true, it’s been my experience that similar behavior would result in immediate expulsion from other, privately run campgrounds.

Last edited:
That was never what The Walt Disney Company or Disneyworld was “made for”. Walt himself was profit motivated and was fortunate to be able to create a company that allowed him to do what he enjoyed in conjunction with making money.

Fort Wilderness is far less peaceful than it used to be and the low price is exactly the reason why. The large groups and problems that used to be contained in the tent loops have now bled over into the premium and preferred loops because the sites are too cheap. Disney should increase prices so that those who can afford it can enjoy The Fort like it was years ago before the whole place became available for those of a lower socio-economic class.

Hmmmm....signed up yesterday and almost all your posts are for Disney to raise prices and blaming lower economic classes for crowding and problems. Definitely my nominee for Troll of the Year and it's only July!!!!

Anyone who has ever driven through the tent loops (cheaper) or the premium loops (more expensive) knows exactly what I’m talking about. Burying your head in the sand or calling me names (troll) or belittling my new status doesn’t change the facts.

There are far more problems in the cheaper sites than there are in the more expensive ones and since the Fort is at near capacity during the majority of the year (especially holidays and weekends) it only stands to reason that prices should be raised.

As a shareholder I continue to encourage management to do so.

Disney should increase prices so that those who can afford it can enjoy The Fort like it was years ago before the whole place became available for those of a lower socio-economic class.

See, this is the reason you're getting the pushback. Stop kidding yourself and saying it's merely a difference of opinion. Your snarky contempt for your fellow campers is on display and it's ugly. There is poor behavior that occurs in all loops from all types.

You're "IGNORED" on my end.

Bama Ed

Your snarky contempt for your fellow campers is on display and it's ugly. There is poor behavior that occurs in all loops from all types.

My feelings are exactly the same as anyone making a reservation at The Grand Floridian and not wanting a room next to someone from the Motel 6 down the road. I’m sorry if that offends you.

Last edited:
My feelings are exactly the same as anyone making a reservation at The Grand Floridian and not wanting a room next to someone from the Motel 6 down the road. I’m sorry if that offends you.
I was sharing this thread with members of my family as an example of how there are still people like you in this world. My son told me not to respond as to not feed your ego. I feel confident in saying that your ideology does not fit with the vast majority of those posting in the camping forum. One of the things that my family enjoys most about the Fort is looping and meeting other campers...…..whether they camp in a Prevost motor home or a Coleman tent with sleeping bags. I can only imagine what you would have thought of me if you would have camped next to me and my DW in our teardrop camper in the 100 loop. As a retired school principal, you remind me of that parent that would come in and demand that your child be moved to a different class because you didn't like who was in their class.
As @bama_ed said........you are ignored .

PS....I have not stayed at the Grand Floridian but I have stayed at the Contemporary and I can assure that your feelings were not the same as mine.

Steve

I feel confident in saying that your ideology does not fit with the vast majority of those posting in the camping forum.

Because my opinions are different from the majority does not make them wrong. Your lack of tolerance for differing opinions sounds suspiciously similar to “Go back where you came from”.

Because my opinions are different from the majority does not make them wrong. Your lack of tolerance for differing opinions sounds suspiciously similar to “Go back where you came from”.

No it's actually your lack of tolerance for what you perceive as a lower class. Don't deflect your judgement onto others. We all clearly see you for what you are. Opinions being different is fine, but you are basically blaming lower financial and social class for problems that aren't theirs. If you notice not one person is supporting your judgmental opinions. Clearly you can't take the fact that many think you are flat out wrong. If you are going to cast your judgement don't be so sensitive when you are called out on them.

I guess our troll is at work again. I have him on "igore" but guess he showed up again judging by the latest responses around town. He's just here to beat the hive with a stick and stir things up. So you can "ignore" his userid as well like I am or just don't respond.

In other words,

Bama Ed

He's just here to beat the hive with a stick and stir things up. So you can "ignore" his userid as well like I am or just don't respond.

In other words,

Bama Ed

Exactly. People like this thrive on confrontation. Best to just ignore and he'll go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter