The Fort in July Pre TR & TR

We made it! I'm exhausted, first time driving a travel trailer this far (I know not as far for most of you but still lol) We're at site 1016. Disboards sign is out front. Stop on by if you're here. Pics to come tomorrow.

A638697C-E7E6-4118-9873-23EBBFA110C7.jpeg 2FB05209-9F29-4897-9B94-9D28682BB582.jpeg A46E262C-978B-464E-907B-7A3BE1C27E46.jpeg 8840503B-3836-47BC-B044-03C1BA747EF6.jpeg 4ADD15CE-D2A5-42A4-B6A6-2B021AC253D9.jpeg

Well I won’t say the Fort is empty but it’s definitely pretty light. Most of the loops we’ve driven through have been half or less than half full. It’s definitely hot but there’s been a decent breeze.

Anyone see the hidden squirrel?
C0F868AB-4C33-4E3A-80A7-A0D27E072101.jpeg

View attachment 340396 View attachment 340397 View attachment 340398 View attachment 340399 View attachment 340400

Well I won’t say the Fort is empty but it’s definitely pretty light. Most of the loops we’ve driven through have been half or less than half full. It’s definitely hot but there’s been a decent breeze.

Anyone see the hidden squirrel?
View attachment 340401

I was really surprised. Would never have imagined it this light in July. The heat was brutal at times, and it was crazy rainy, but the crowds were manageable and the Fort was surprisingly quiet.

So, to sum up...take your time and if you feel uncomfortable with something, stop and start over. We saw some folks take a couple of turns around the loop before they got backed in, nothing wrong with that at all.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think I might have the arrival sequence down. I have done it a couple of times with only minor errors each time, but never the same error.:D

We made it! I'm exhausted, first time driving a travel trailer this far
Glad you made it! and great pics. Makes me even more ready to get there.

Seems like a lot of people are doing firsts. First time in the fort with a new TT, or first time driving this far. For me it's the first time driving this far (500 miles or so in two days), first time at the Fort in a my first TT, and first time at the Fort in campground not a cabin, first time at the Fort when it's not December. So many firsts! It's almost like a first time at Disney!.

Well I won’t say the Fort is empty but it’s definitely pretty light.
I'm wondering if it will be like that when I get there on the 18th. I noticed that the "Enchanted Escape" discounts are still available for tent, full hookup, preffered, and premium sites. But I did have trouble getting some fast passes. When I was setting mine up there was one day at MK where the Haunted Mansion didn't have any o_O (it does now). So who knows.

Well we had a good trip! The crowds weren't actually that bad but the heat, dear goodness. It was sooo hot. Really liked loop 1000. Cast members were all so friendly. Every single one of them waved at us while we were on our golf cart. Saw plenty of wild life. Had a flock of turkeys parade through our camp site. Tons of deer everywhere. I've got some pics I'll post in a bit.

We saw several folks that had these Cricket mini golf carts. Talked to one gentleman that had one and he seemed to really like it. My truck has the short bed so I'm definitely considering it.

Toy Story Land was awesome but what was sad was the people had picked away at the queue line so there were pieces of the displays already missing. I'm not sure why people think that they can destroy everything but that really disappointed me since it's been open such a short time and looks worse than Pandora.

Toy Story Land was awesome but what was sad was the people had picked away at the queue line so there were pieces of the displays already missing. I'm not sure why people think that they can destroy everything but that really disappointed me since it's been open such a short time and looks worse than Pandora.

What exactly can people possibly take away from the queue line that would be worth having...that is just crazy that it gets destroyed....

What exactly can people possibly take away from the queue line that would be worth having...that is just crazy that it gets destroyed....

They picked away at pieces of the walls and displays. Then someone else would pick more away. It looks like a ride queue that's been there for years and needs updating. So sad the people have no respect.

Bishoparc: Glad you made it safe and sound, I know about the long drives, 670 miles one day, 630 the next, then on the way home 630 miles the first day. Still recovering from the trip, LOL, will post more about trip report and pics when better recovered. We just missed you, left for home on the 23rd, I too was surprised at the number of campsites that were not occupied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter