The Fort in July Pre TR & TR

I was there last week with 10 people total. We had an absolutely wonderful time!!! The only pics I took at the Fort though were of a family of armadillos rummaging around our cabins. We live in Western NY so this was a novelty for us. We expected the heat, but also expected rain which we got very little of. Of course the only 2 nights it rained were the 2 nights we had planned on going to the campfire/singalong, but we were fine to miss. Visited the pool a couple of times, enjoyed tooling around on our golf carts, played games inside and outside, had lots of park time.So many great memories!!
upload_2018-7-16_11-44-13.png

We just got back from 7 nights in the 600 loop, a great time at the Fort as always. Not as hot or crowded as we had expected, so that was a nice bonus.

We went to the new "H20 Glow Night" ticketed event at Typhoon Lagoon on Saturday night, it was worth the cost and not busy at all- our teens really enjoyed it.

We haven't even unpacked the RV and I am ready to go back....

The countdown is on. Picked the camper back up from the dealer Saturday. They still haven't gotten the pieces to fix our island but it'll make it. We pull out Sunday afternoon. Modified our trip just a bit, we're just going to head on down to the Fort Sunday and we'll be there through Friday. Can't wait!

Have a safe trip and a great time, both of you.

Cute camper, Proud Mom. Reminds me of my first one.

Post when you can, but enjoy first!

j

I can post some pics but for others I get an error message that the file is too large for the server.

We are 3 days out from finally getting to try out our new TT. If you see someone looking lost as they setup, looking at their owner's manual or looking up youtube videos that will be me. Hopefully setup will be easier and faster than our popup was.

I know what you mean. We are a few weeks out from our first Fort trip, it's also our first major trip, in out new TT. It's also a Hybrid. I'll be the one that takes forever to get backed into the site.

My husband was pleasantly surprised at how easy backing in was. He said it was 1,000 times easier than our popup.

We also had an easier time with setup than we thought, we didn’t resort to google or the manuals as much as we thought we would.

Today is check out day, hopefully breaking down camp will go as well as setup did. We will be back in September for 4 nights.

I am passing the July torch to the next camper.

I know what you mean. We are a few weeks out from our first Fort trip, it's also our first major trip, in out new TT. It's also a Hybrid. I'll be the one that takes forever to get backed into the site.

We were really nervous about everything. We'd had our popup for 12 years and didn't have to deal with sewer hookup, water heater, refrigerator, etc, etc, etc. I was googling and youtubing how to do everything I could think of.

I was sure we were going to mess something up and end up with the camper in for repairs. But we really just took our time and all went well.

Backing in was a piece of cake, not sure if that's because backing a popup is really hard, or because hubby finally got the hang of backing in.

Setting up was pretty straight forward because of all the research I had done ahead of time. And, I am hoping as time goes on, it will continue to get easier.

Breaking down, we also took our time and had no issues.

So, to sum up...take your time and if you feel uncomfortable with something, stop and start over. We saw some folks take a couple of turns around the loop before they got backed in, nothing wrong with that at all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, Proud Mom.

Nice looking camp site and the plate at Morimoto looks delicious. Glad everything went well. Popup camping is pretty close to what the rest of us with bigger rigs do. The sewer is probably the major thing and that's not a big deal. I agree with your husband on backing bigger trailers. Short wheel base trailers, like your former popup, are much harder to back up. They react so fast and before you know it, there isn't enough steering wheel to correct it back. Long wheel base trailers take a while to get turning, but the tow vehicle can stay ahead of where they are going. I'm glad video wasn't common 15 years ago when I was trying to back a jet ski trailer down a ramp with my crewcab, long bed truck. I couldn't even see it in my mirrors until it was gone. I finally gave up and did it by hand.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter