The Flu

None here yet though we had a respiratory infection make its way through work. I've been washing my hands like crazy and when I hear someone sneeze or cough the next aisle over I dodge them instead of going over with my "Hi, are you finding everything okay?".

After the respiratory problems I've been good. Hubs got the shot last week in prep for Disney World, I don't do injections but if I did my employer discounts them. Of course my employer's doctor couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a beanbag which I warned hubs about but his arm was out of commission for about two days after.
That's totally normal after getting the shot, no matter who did it.

Uh oh! The CDC is expected to announce first U.S. case of Wuhan Coronavirus this afternoon. Patient is in isolation in Culver City, CA.
I figured it was just a matter of time. It will be interesting to see if and how that spreads. Isolation is nice, but a lot happens before the patient goes into isolation, like when they're sitting out in the ER waiting room or using the bathroom, not to mention flying on a plane and taking a cab from the airport, etc. I'm sure this isn't the only one, either.

The coronavirus is in no way related to the flu, but it is a scary virus.

I'm worried about it because DH is stationed overseas in Japan and needs to travel to Taiwan soon on a Chinese airline. It's freaking me out...

The coronavirus is in no way related to the flu, but it is a scary virus.

I'm worried about it because DH is stationed overseas in Japan and needs to travel to Taiwan soon on a Chinese airline. It's freaking me out...

Never said it was. :confused3

Make sure your DH wears a mask at the very least!

Not sure if it was the flu, but I had some sort of illness that started weeks before Christmas and just started to go away recently.

My mom got the flu. Got the flu shot and her pneumonia shot and ended up hospitalized twice. Thankfully she is on the mend. I 100% blame her getting sick so bad on her inability to sit down and take care of herself. But I'm just her youngest daughter what do I know... :rolleyes1

There was a thread here earlier this flu season that talked about flu shots being sore this year. Just adding that I had no pain in my arm at all after the shot, and neither did my family members. Just as a reassurance to people worried about it; it may not necessarily be bad.

We had sore arms in our family after the flu shot, but I would take a million sore arms rather than the flu. I hope to never ever be as sick as I was when I had the flu. I really thought I was dying. Keeping fingers crossed none of us get it.

My nephew had the flu while we were on vacation with him. He did not have the flu shot. No one in my family got it. We all had the flu shot, so I am going to assume it worked.

No diagnosed flu with anyone I know, but I do know of a lot of people with various other respiratory infections since late December. I suffered through my own in early January that turned into a delightful sinus infection and now my husband has something.

I'm a teacher and it's spread through my grade level like wildfire. I just keep washing and sanitizing my hands like crazy, and we wipe down common surfaces all the time in class.

Type B is rampant in the area I live......good reason to be at Disney World.
Dgs, dgd, and did have all had it
Flu shot this year did not include type B

Yes, I realize they are cheaper than a hospital stay, but this myth that flu shots are free for everyone needs to stop. We would pay 100% of the cost and insurance wouldn't cover any of it, beyond the possibly lowered contracted insurance rate if we had it done at a doctor's office.
Yep, same here. The only reason I got a flu shot this year was because I had already met my 4000 deductible because of an emergency room visit back in August. I had gotten a notice from my doctor that I was due for a tetanus shot so I got a flu shot at the same time. So I got a shot in each arm, and man was I sore-especially from the flu shot. I didn't really think that one through :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!