The fist step is the idea .. right?

Cielei

Up to my ears
Just found this part of the boards and I am relatively new to the community as I just found it planning our upcoming disney vacation. All of the projects and rooms are so cute!

I have ideas for my 2 boys rooms .. now the interesting part .. finding the time to make it all happen!:scared1: My boys are 3 and 4 and quite active little men. We don't live near any of our relatives, so, it makes it hard to get decorating projects done. Hopefully, I'll start to get them together and can post some pictures .. relatively soon. :laughing:

One boy is getting a pirate room .. complete with a pirate ship for a bed. Planning to use old treasure maps for wall hangings and fashioning torn sails as teh window treatments .. complete with a crows nest atop for the stuffed animals to "keep watch' from. I am planning to make all the bed linens .. bed quilt to look like the jolly rodger.

The other room is going to be centered around a bed that looks like rocket from little einsteins. We decided to make it look a little like a modern space station and murals that look like space out of the "windows" we will create using hardware creatively.

I think I may be completely crazy .. wish me luck as I try to pull these off! If you have anything cool or creative to add that might look good with these themes .. please post and let me know. I am open to as much creativity as I can get! :love:

Just found this part of the boards and I am relatively new to the community as I just found it planning our upcoming disney vacation. All of the projects and rooms are so cute!

I have ideas for my 2 boys rooms .. now the interesting part .. finding the time to make it all happen!:scared1: My boys are 3 and 4 and quite active little men. We don't live near any of our relatives, so, it makes it hard to get decorating projects done. Hopefully, I'll start to get them together and can post some pictures .. relatively soon. :laughing:

One boy is getting a pirate room .. complete with a pirate ship for a bed. Planning to use old treasure maps for wall hangings and fashioning torn sails as teh window treatments .. complete with a crows nest atop for the stuffed animals to "keep watch' from. I am planning to make all the bed linens .. bed quilt to look like the jolly rodger.

The other room is going to be centered around a bed that looks like rocket from little einsteins. We decided to make it look a little like a modern space station and murals that look like space out of the "windows" we will create using hardware creatively.

I think I may be completely crazy .. wish me luck as I try to pull these off! If you have anything cool or creative to add that might look good with these themes .. please post and let me know. I am open to as much creativity as I can get! :love:

Make sure you go to the offical disney site and order the maps for free, I hear they come looking like an old map... not sure but what the heck for free!

Wow, you are adventurous with 2 busy little ones! Good luck to you! Just keep your eyes open when out and about - I always find little treasures in sometimes odd places. Thrift stores, garage sales, etc - Target is great for little accent pieces, and their kids' decor section has greatly expanded. Ikea is great for kind of "mod" stuff, and I think they had some pirate themed stuff too, but not sure if there is one in your area -but I think they have a website too, and their stuff is awesomely affordable! I kept a lot of DS's room decor relatively neutral with just coordinating colors of storage bins etc so as he grows out of Buzz phase or whatever, I'm not recreating everything from scratch every time. Keep your beds themed, and do the rest with artwork, or accents etc. And HAVE FUN! I'm sure you can find creative ways to have the kids help make their signature mark on their rooms.

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts