"The Firm" videos

bekkiz

DIS Veteran
Call me a sucker (there is one born every minute!) but I was totally taken by the infomercial for The Firm "Body Sculpt" system. Before I shell out 90 bucks for three videos and a stepper, is it fun? Does it provide a good workout? Will I really see results in 10 workouts or less?

I lost 60 lbs from June '01 to June '02. Since starting grad school and student teaching, I've put 8-10 back on :( Part of it is eating, I'm not as careful as before, but I think the main problem is that I'm lazy. I was a comeptitive athlete in high school and college, and have always had a daily workout built into my schedule. Now I just don't have the time or motivation to train like I used to. I'll maybe go to the gym once a week and hop in to swim (I played water polo) once in awhile. But niether is as intense as it needs to be. I'm trying to drop ~20 lbs by christmas

I hoped something fun, that I could do in the privacy of my home would be helpful. My biggest problem is, I get motivated to workout, but the hastle of getting dressed, getting off the couch is not fun. If I could just do something when the urge strikes, I might be better about activity.

My final question: I live on the thrid floor apt. Are the Firm moves noisy? I would be doing this mid-day, and most neighbors are gone, but I don't want something that involves a lot of jumping:)

Hi, I ordered the tapes and just ordered a few more. I like them. I feel like I get a real workout. I get up at 5am to work out because I have to kids and try to get up before them. Plus a little mommy time makes me feel good. There is definately a lot of stepping and when you first start out and may be a bit noisy but when working like that you don't want to come down to heavy on your feet. Did that make sense? I don't know if I saw results in 10 workouts I'm concentrating alot on my flabby belly after DD was born. There not easy but you can work up gradually. It'll definately make you sweat.

My exercise partner likes the videos....I thought they were okay. I don't care for the steps, they felt very flimsy to me and I like wider steps. I think it just depends on what you are use to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter