The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

I went to Disney and Universal Studios last year. I am 5'6 and 130ish kgs, which would be 286 pounds(?) but i carry most of my weight in my stomach area. Basically a keg with toothpicks for legs! LOL

Disney is definitely poohsize friendly. I did not have any issue whatsoever.

Universal Studios was a whole different story. Unfortunately i did not fit on the Forbidden Forrest ride in WW :( I even had my friend try and squish me in but the bar just wouldn't click because of my stomach. She just fit but it was incredibly tight for her because she has a large bust.
I was so incredibly upset about this as we had traveled all the way from Australia and this was the main ride i was looking forward to!

I was able to fit on the Hippogriff ride but it killed my shins because they make your legs sit in a really funny position. I didn't have any issues with any other rides at Universal, just that Harry Potter one *sigh*

One thing i had a massive issue with, in both parks, was my feet. They were absolute agony and i could barley walk after 2 full days at the park and this really took away from the experience for me. I wore slip on sketchers but got blisters on my toes and my feet were just painful. I would've loved to wear my thongs (flipflops) but didn't think i would be allowed as over here, down under (lol), you have to wear enclosed shoes on all rides. I understand a lot of this is due to my weight but i also have dead flat feet and the standing in one spot in lines for ages didn't help.

My friend and I are planning on coming back in 2020 but to Orlando this time. Hopefully i will have lost enough weight to fit on the Harry Potter ride by then. However i am still nervous about my feet. I have since bought some thong/sandal type shoes. Its basically a thong but with a strap around the back so they don't fall off on rides.

So my question is..... Sorry about the waffleing........ What shoes do people recommend i try? Should i stick with this thong/sandal type shoe?

p.s I loathe wearing shoes. I'm normally barefoot. So that being said i would prefer a really light shoe, almost like i am wearing nothing at all.

I went to Disney and Universal Studios last year. I am 5'6 and 130ish kgs, which would be 286 pounds(?) but i carry most of my weight in my stomach area. Basically a keg with toothpicks for legs! LOL

Universal Studios was a whole different story. Unfortunately i did not fit on the Forbidden Forrest ride in WW :( I even had my friend try and squish me in but the bar just wouldn't click because of my stomach. She just fit but it was incredibly tight for her because she has a large bust.
I was so incredibly upset about this as we had traveled all the way from Australia and this was the main ride i was looking forward to!

I was able to fit on the Hippogriff ride but it killed my shins because they make your legs sit in a really funny position. I didn't have any issues with any other rides at Universal, just that Harry Potter one *sigh*

One thing i had a massive issue with, in both parks, was my feet. They were absolute agony and i could barley walk after 2 full days at the park and this really took away from the experience for me. I wore slip on sketchers but got blisters on my toes and my feet were just painful. I would've loved to wear my thongs (flipflops) but didn't think i would be allowed as over here, down under (lol), you have to wear enclosed shoes on all rides. I understand a lot of this is due to my weight but i also have dead flat feet and the standing in one spot in lines for ages didn't help.

My friend and I are planning on coming back in 2020 but to Orlando this time. Hopefully i will have lost enough weight to fit on the Harry Potter ride by then. However i am still nervous about my feet. I have since bought some thong/sandal type shoes. Its basically a thong but with a strap around the back so they don't fall off on rides.

So my question is..... Sorry about the waffleing........ What shoes do people recommend i try? Should i stick with this thong/sandal type shoe?

p.s I loathe wearing shoes. I'm normally barefoot. So that being said i would prefer a really light shoe, almost like i am wearing nothing at all.
Thong sandals are fine at Disney. My best friend wore then our entire 10 day trip last year without an issue. Just be sure to bring backups. Also train for the amount of walking and standing you will be doing. Disney is HUGE. Before I left I had spent a few months walking 5k a day and still wasn't prepared because walking is different than standing. Do a mixture of both by spending time each day walking and standing and increase the time every day. Then when you get to Disney you shouldn't have so much pain.

Sandals are fine for the rides at Disney. However, I'd caution you against wearing flip flops/thongs as they can cause unnecessary stress on your feet trying to keep them on. Also on Soarin they will make you take them off so they don't fall off.
Personally I have a pair of Merrill sandals, and a pair of Crocs slip on shoes. My biggest issues with shoes are having support without them being too heavy and hurting my lower back.

WDW is a very non-judgey place in general, I found. I'm big, and I'm aware of being big all the time, but I really didn't feel like that when I was there. Most people are having too much fun and are in a good mood to be worried or even notice/ care what other people are doing. People of all sizes having a great time- where else do you see that?

Please don't worry about anyone judging you for being big, wearing what you want or needing an ECV or anything like that. You won't feel it when you're there.
I have to absolutely agree with this. Our party consists of two "pooh sized" people (I am one of them) and I've honestly never felt like I'm being judged (and thats WITH getting my butt literally stuck in a honey pot for a hot second). If you feel like you're being judge, I'm willing to bet its just you being hard on yourself, and that has happened to all of us.
We just go, have our fun and live our lives, wear what we want/need to wear to have fun and stay cool, and honestly I think that's what most people are trying to do there.

I am a big fan of Teva Tirra sandals - they're good in water, feel like you're wearing almost nothing on your feet, and have great arch support (I'm about the same size as you and have plantar fasciitis) which really helps with foot pain after a day of walking at WDW!

how about a very light weight walking sneaker? like the lightweight nikes or sketchers. i use to wear flip flops to the park but im getting older and im a hairdresser which means my feet need a bit more love so i have been doing sneakers!

I'll second the Teva sandals; some styles are even thongs with back or top straps. Most have a thick sole, which you'll want in the parks but will be more noticeable to you than flip flops. Definitely buy ahead of time and break in whatever shoes you decide on.

Speaking of breaking in shoes, if someone were to wear the same pair of Teva sandals every day for 8 weeks, would the shoes be too worn out for WDW? Asking for a friend.

I'll second the Teva sandals; some styles are even thongs with back or top straps. Most have a thick sole, which you'll want in the parks but will be more noticeable to you than flip flops. Definitely buy ahead of time and break in whatever shoes you decide on.

Speaking of breaking in shoes, if someone were to wear the same pair of Teva sandals every day for 8 weeks, would the shoes be too worn out for WDW? Asking for a friend.

Haha, well speaking from experience: I wear the same pair of Teva sandals almost every day all summer (about 12 weeks at a stretch) and they last me about 2 summers with this level of usage before one of the straps inevitably breaks away from the base. 8 weeks should be fine but it depends on how old the shoes are.

I love fitflops. They are pricey. Try to get them during a sale. They have many different styles. They have great arch support and are really cushy. They are like no other thong type sandal. My feet feel great with lots of walking. I switch off and wear sneakers every two days. Got to keep those feet happy!

I love fitflops. They are pricey. Try to get them during a sale. They have many different styles. They have great arch support and are really cushy. They are like no other thong type sandal. My feet feel great with lots of walking. I switch off and wear sneakers every two days. Got to keep those feet happy!

Fitflops for me too, I don't often wear anything else these days- their sandals and flops in the summer, their boots and shoes in the Winter. Well worth the price tag, I never have any problems with my feet or back these days and I really do think its down to the fitflops. I walk for miles and miles in the flops with no problems at all. They are nothing like your standard flip-flop, they are very sturdy, last for years and they provide loads of support. It really is just like walking on a lovely bouncy cushion all the time.

I know this sounds a bit effusive and I am not being sponsored by fitflop to say this! I do have some Sketchers sneakers and winter boots and they are really good too but for Summer wear, I don't find the Sketchers flops and sandals nearly as supportive or cushion-y as Fitflop.

Fitflops for me too, I don't often wear anything else these days- their sandals and flops in the summer, their boots and shoes in the Winter. Well worth the price tag, I never have any problems with my feet or back these days and I really do think its down to the fitflops. I walk for miles and miles in the flops with no problems at all. They are nothing like your standard flip-flop, they are very sturdy, last for years and they provide loads of support. It really is just like walking on a lovely bouncy cushion all the time.

I know this sounds a bit effusive and I am not being sponsored by fitflop to say this! I do have some Sketchers sneakers and winter boots and they are really good too but for Summer wear, I don't find the Sketchers flops and sandals nearly as supportive or cushion-y as Fitflop.
Tiki_Sara, I totally agree. Fitflops feel great! I am not sponsoring any shoe company either. I have Sketchers sandals too. They have a thick sole. I can't walk as far without discomfort as I can with the Fitflops. I have the Fitflops in 5 different colors and styles. If you want a truly supportive sneaker, New Balance is the way to go. I can walk miles in them. I also put the "superfeet" insoles in them too. It really helps to keep my feet happy!

Thank you @Linleedo I will try New Balance next time I need some new sneakers

They are always recommended by physical therapists because of their support ( and they come in wide widths too).

I have also found that purchasing them at a running store works best. They analyze your stride, how high/low your arch may be, whether your over-pronate or not, etc. It may cost more, but it's worth it to get the right shoes for you.

Thank you @Linleedo I will try New Balance next time I need some new sneakers

As a sneakerhead, I always used to wear my Jordans or LeBrons or Kobes to the parks, but I switched to New Balance after they sent me a pair of the Fresh Foam Cruz to try a couple years ago and I'll never go back to wearing anything else on my Disney trips. I used to have to ice my feet at the end of every park day and now I almost never do, and I don't get nearly as many blisters as I did before. So I definitely second (or third, or fourth, or whatever, I've lost count of how many people have recommended them) the recommendation for New Balance sneakers, particularly anything with the foam soles.

This question is ONLY for the ladies. men, you have been warned. This is going to be one of those TMI questions. I'll wait for you to skip to the next post.....

Ladies, I need some bra help. I am pooh sized with boobs the size of my head. I get so damn hot in the parks because I try to wear a cotton bra, etc, but with the bra and the shirt, my body feels like I'm wearing a jacket. Is there such thing as a really large, breathable bra that I won't have to wring out when I get home? I am aware there are bra liners and I use enough powder for 15 baby butts but I am still MISERABLE at the end of the day. I am sweaty and miserable. Help.

This question is ONLY for the ladies. men, you have been warned. This is going to be one of those TMI questions. I'll wait for you to skip to the next post.....

Ladies, I need some bra help. I am pooh sized with boobs the size of my head. I get so damn hot in the parks because I try to wear a cotton bra, etc, but with the bra and the shirt, my body feels like I'm wearing a jacket. Is there such thing as a really large, breathable bra that I won't have to wring out when I get home? I am aware there are bra liners and I use enough powder for 15 baby butts but I am still MISERABLE at the end of the day. I am sweaty and miserable. Help.
I have this same issue and I previously used powders to try to combat the issue. This only helped a little. I ready on a blog about "ABD Pads". These are absorbent surgical dressing pads. It sounds crazy, but you just pop one under each of your "girls" and you are good for the day. :thumbsup2 They truly keep you dry even when it is swamp hot outside. They aren't expensive and are little miracle workers. I get mine online.

I wear the Goddess Keira underwire bra which lifts well, keeping cooler. On our last trip I used Gold Bond spray underneath for the sweat prone underneath area. It worked well.

I have this same issue and I previously used powders to try to combat the issue. This only helped a little. I ready on a blog about "ABD Pads". These are absorbent surgical dressing pads. It sounds crazy, but you just pop one under each of your "girls" and you are good for the day. :thumbsup2 They truly keep you dry even when it is swamp hot outside. They aren't expensive and are little miracle workers. I get mine online.

I wear the Goddess Keira underwire bra which lifts well, keeping cooler. On our last trip I used Gold Bond spray underneath for the sweat prone underneath area. It worked well.

I was wondering this myself, but I've never tried anything I just get super sweaty and miserable cuz my bra gets soaked and my underwire slides. Will the gold Bond anti chafe stick or deodorant work? If deodorant works, what kind? I use Secret gel.

I'm trying not to spend any more money than I already have on shoes and clothes, so I'm hoping there's a solution that I already own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!