The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

I'm contemplating a day at universal during a trip next year. I've never been. I'm just wondering how size universal is? I'm hesitant because I don't want to go and not be able to ride because I feel like I would be wasting money.

I'm contemplating a day at universal during a trip next year. I've never been. I'm just wondering how size universal is? I'm hesitant because I don't want to go and not be able to ride because I feel like I would be wasting money.
I've never been but I have seen quite a lot of posts and stories about the rides being much smaller there. :guilty:

I did not ride ALL the rides but I could not ride Gringotts but I think that was a combo of a larger rear and long legs :p and I have knee problems, so I could not get them right in the seating area. I heard Mummy had similar ride structure so I did not try. I rode FOP with no problem. I did not ride coasters because of the younger one.

Yes, Universal is less size-friendly than Disney. I was *just barely* able to squeeze into Gringotts and FoJ. DH couldn't fit :( I also didn't fit in the test seat for the Dragons ride. I did fit in the Mummy seat and rode that, but it was a bit tight on my stomach. Way less restricting than Gringotts though.

These reports are disappointing. I don't think we will waste our time going for a few days and instead just hope over to volcano bay on one day.

Going to WDW in October and I'm so worried about being avle to ride 7DMT with the family. Last trip I had a 2yo so I just offered to sit with her while everyone else rode (I was scared I wouldn't fit). This time I won't have that. I'm 5'4 and about 330 (lost 20lbs so far). Can someone give a girl some insight as to how large you were and able to ride? I've still got time to lose, but I'm wanting to put my nerves to rest. Thanks!

Going to WDW in October and I'm so worried about being avle to ride 7DMT with the family. Last trip I had a 2yo so I just offered to sit with her while everyone else rode (I was scared I wouldn't fit). This time I won't have that. I'm 5'4 and about 330 (lost 20lbs so far). Can someone give a girl some insight as to how large you were and able to ride? I've still got time to lose, but I'm wanting to put my nerves to rest. Thanks!

I think for this one it depends on the size of your thighs - that seems to be the "make or break" measurement for 7DMT.

I rode it (at 5'7 ~275) without issue but I carry my weight more in the middle than in my legs.

The reports are that your thighs, squeezed together, must measure no more than 13.5" across, as shown in the picture in this post.

(I haven't ridden it since that first time because I travel with a friend larger than myself and she wouldn't fit and I refuse to ride something that she can't.)

I'm 6'5" 320lbs. Seven Dwarf's kills my legs but it's doable. Flight of passage was a no go for me but my problem stemmed from my long calves and size 15 feet. If I slid my feet in my knees couldn't get under and if I put my knees in my heels were to far back for the leg restraints to click in.

I was wearing cross trainers so in hindsight I should have given it a try without my shoes and I might have been able to fold my legs in. My 6'6" 180lb 15 year old was able to get himself in no problem.
I had the same problem. I'm 6'2", 380lbs, and size 15 feet. I just couldn't get my feet far enough forward. The bar would hit my calves and the other bar would be 5-6 inches from reaching my back. It was the only ride at WDW where I didn't fit.

When we go in November I'm going to wear my flip flops for FOP and see if by curling my toes up...I might just make it. :D

Mike

Last December we spent a week at WDW and a week at Universal. Big difference between the two. I'm 6'2", 380 lbs with size 15 feet and I could ride everything at WDW except FOP (I couldn't get my size 15 feet forward enough).

However, at Universal I couldn't ride any of the big thrill rides. On Forbidden Journey the test seat shoulder harness wouldn't come down far enough to reach my abdomen. It hit my shoulders and stopped. I couldn't slouch down enough to make it work. I didn't fit the Gringotts, the Hollywood Rocket roller coaster, the Hulk coaster, or Revenge of the Mummy. For me it was a waste of money to go there.

Mike

Last edited:
I’m 5-10 and when I went in February, I was around 385, and I was able to ride 7DMT without much difficulty. It wasn’t the most comfortable ride, but it didn’t take any special effort to squeeze in either.

So, I have a question. I know I'm not the first to ask, but it's a bit awkward to ask and looking around everywhere, I thought perhaps I'd ask here.

I deal with WDW ok. I am a larger person and, while I'm working to do better I do weigh in at about 360lbs. Sadly most of it is not muscle. What that means is, while I have a good time at WDW I usually tend to burn out in a park after 5-6 hours or so even when I stop and rest because the walking and standing in line always gets to me after the first 2 hours or so. I don't have a diagnosed physical condition, beyond just being heavy, and that just kills my legs after a couple hours even pacing myself. I have a low pain tolerance and the pain can be excruciating.

Trying to get in better shape is, of course, the first solution, but until i get there (presuming I even do) I think occasionally about one of those ECV scooters I see everyone using. The thing is whenever I do think about it I find myself asking if it's right for me to do so. I find myself wondering if I'd be taking unfair advantage by using one over people who have to stand and walk everywhere, as well as taking advantage of a system that, in my head at least, is only reserved for people with real disabilities.

I guess I feel guilty about the idea of using one even though it might improve my experience. Any one have only thoughts on a situation like this?

So, I have a question. I know I'm not the first to ask, but it's a bit awkward to ask and looking around everywhere, I thought perhaps I'd ask here.

I deal with WDW ok. I am a larger person and, while I'm working to do better I do weigh in at about 360lbs. Sadly most of it is not muscle. What that means is, while I have a good time at WDW I usually tend to burn out in a park after 5-6 hours or so even when I stop and rest because the walking and standing in line always gets to me after the first 2 hours or so. I don't have a diagnosed physical condition, beyond just being heavy, and that just kills my legs after a couple hours even pacing myself. I have a low pain tolerance and the pain can be excruciating.

Trying to get in better shape is, of course, the first solution, but until i get there (presuming I even do) I think occasionally about one of those ECV scooters I see everyone using. The thing is whenever I do think about it I find myself asking if it's right for me to do so. I find myself wondering if I'd be taking unfair advantage by using one over people who have to stand and walk everywhere, as well as taking advantage of a system that, in my head at least, is only reserved for people with real disabilities.

I guess I feel guilty about the idea of using one even though it might improve my experience. Any one have only thoughts on a situation like this?

Just my two cents here - it doesn't matter what the reason for your physical limitation is, you do have one - the reason is nobody's business. Pain isn't noble, and it's not a punishment; it's simply a fact to be dealt with.

I have a close friend who has trouble walking distances of over a block due to pain. The pain is due to the extra weight. I would not advise her to come to WDW with me without renting an ECV.

Yes, you may be judged, but the people who would judge you are small-minded and must be ignored. They are the same people who judge other people with more "legitimate reasons" for ECV (and I use quotes here because I don't think anyone with pain has an illegitimate reason!) and don't believe that invisible disabilites exist. They are petty, and we don't care about their opinions.

Your reason for needing an ECV are nobody's business but your own (and your doctor.)

I was exactly your size and able to ride...

That said, it was super painful. I was squeezed and my bottom half was hurtin. I decided not to ride it anymore until I lost some weight (or never because it hurt my legs so bad).

I agree with the previous poster. My DH has arthritis in his left knee. His MD told him to use a cane at WDW for the pain because he can't walk long distances without pain. He is 6'2" and about 400lbs. The first day of our trip he walked. About 5- 6 hours in with plenty of rest breaks for him he was done. Even the cane wasn't cutting it. The next day we rented a ECV. It was the best decision we made. The rest of our trip we had to keep up with him. Sometimes those things can be fast if it isn't crowded. The only down side is you are either invisible or people don't care. He almost ran over several people who just suddenly walked in front of him. As far as people staring we really didn't pay attention. Once or twice I noticed people but the minute he got off and could barely walk it was obvious why he was on it. There are a lot of Pooh sized people on ECV's at Disney and I think many of them are for the exact reason you need one. Pain from walking. It is nothing to be ashamed about. You deserve to enjoy yourself just as much as everyone else. This country needs to stop fat shaming people. It is disgraceful. Rent an ECV and to heck with everyone else.

So, I have a question. I know I'm not the first to ask, but it's a bit awkward to ask and looking around everywhere, I thought perhaps I'd ask here. ...

I'm also of the Pooh variety and have gone to Disney solo my past 2 visits. I use an ECV while there. I have back and knee issues. Using an ECV is the only way that I can enjoy Disney anymore. I highly recommend getting one. The average person can walk 6-10 miles a day at the parks. The dirty looks are from small minded people who think that you are trying to get an advantage over them. They are wrong. You do not get "front of line access". The ECV is merely a tool to help you survive a day in the parks.

Please take some time to read posts on the 'DISabilities' board. There are plenty of posts there about ECV rentals. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

WDW is a very non-judgey place in general, I found. I'm big, and I'm aware of being big all the time, but I really didn't feel like that when I was there. Most people are having too much fun and are in a good mood to be worried or even notice/ care what other people are doing. People of all sizes having a great time- where else do you see that?

Please don't worry about anyone judging you for being big, wearing what you want or needing an ECV or anything like that. You won't feel it when you're there.

I am 66year old 230 lbs woman. I have problems walking. The evc is a line item budget for me. If I am spending thousands of dollars I want to enjoy myself and not be grouchy and in pain. WDW is for everyone.

I use an EVC for what I consider an "Invisible" problem. Very long story short.... The strength in my thighs is not what others have, and from the same medical indicent - my ankles swell like heck (I'm only 41. It's been like that for 11 years). I can do some walking. I'll probably try to do MK and HS without an EVC (depending on how painful my ankles are). However, I have to use one when in the World showcase in EP as well as AK because those are both huge areas. I do sometimes end up in one in MK. I cannot stand in a line for too long, so the EVC allows me to not burn out my legs while we are there. I have never gotten looks (that I noticed... or maybe I don't care). The CMs were always very nice and accommodating!

To look at me, one may think I'm just using one because I'm "fat." But that's not the case, and it's no one's business really. I do not use it to purposely get closer in any lines. Some rides have done away with that anyway. Also, the seating really isn't always the best at shows for being in an EVC. But, it is the best way for my husband and I to enjoy the parks without having to worry about me burning out. I literally start walking very slowly. One time I had many, many... MANY slow older people passing me. lol. That's pretty much when I realized that an EVC wasn't a bad idea. :)

I would recommend that you decide how much you will be using it before you go. If you plan to use it everyday, check into some of the local rental places outside of Disney that will deliver to your resort. They are cheaper. I chose not to do that because I do not use it everyday, and I am not too into having to deal with it around the resort and on the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter