the end to a bad week

angelbaby29871

Mouseketeer
just need to get this of my chest. i suffer from depression, BPD and social anxiety. i have just started back at work after being unable to work due to my illness for some 5 years now. i was feeling that i was coping ok and then on monday we had a bomb scare at work, managed ok with that, just stood in the corner of the car park away from the crowds of people. when they started to herd us back into the building i could feel that anxiety building so i basically left the throng of people and hid from them and as i was going back up the stairs to my office a group of people appeared bhind me, effectivly 'trapping ' me on the staircase. i felt so stupid that i had to run and hide the toilets and ended up getting sent home from work as i couldn't cope being there. this has really knocked my confidence and is starting to affect my work and life again. i feel like i'm losing the control of my fears that i worked so hard to regain. thanks for listening i just had to get it out

OH....I am so sorry... I understand the depression part and the fact that you have not been able to work for 5 years, I am sorry this happened your first day back to work. But here's the thing, you worked up your courage to go back after some time and you will work it up again....Please take care of yourself and know that you can come here and talk anytime you need to...

Hopefully someone else with more experience with what you have and what you are feeling will step forward and give you some guidance.....in the meantime, I am sending you a hug.....

Oh, angelbaby, I'm so sorry you had such a rough week!!!

Good for you, getting up the strength and courage to go back to work. Just take a day at a time.

Does your doctor have you on any medications? I know that Zoloft is one that targets social anxiety and depression, just hoping that you and your doctor can work through this together to figure out how to get your chemicals in balance so you can live your life without these fears and worries.

:grouphug:

Every now and again I go through bouts with social anxiety where I don't want to leave the house, talk to people, see people, etc.

I think you are very brave and it sounds to me like you've made some huge leaps in your recovery. Take a deep breath and be glad that last week is over, but also take a minute look back and see how far you've come.

When you go into work next week look at it as a new beginning, a chance to start over. Don't be so hard on yourself and take it one day at a time.

This is a great place to come if you need to talk, vent or just need someone to say it'll be ok! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!