The end of tiny shampoo bottles - it ain’t just Disney!

I travel extensively for work, and many high-end hotels have the wall dispensers now. For the life of me I can't understand why people are so miffed about this!

Personally, I’ve never been in a hotel yet that uses the dispensers, but most of the complaints I have heard is that there’s no way to keep the bottle holder clean and sanitary on such a moist environment and they don’t think the housekeeping is removing and cleaning the bottles and case with every turnover. So there’s the probability of mold which lots of people are SERIOUSLY icked out about....

I travel extensively for work, and many high-end hotels have the wall dispensers now. For the life of me I can't understand why people are so miffed about this!
@woodleygrrl - Besides not having them available to bring home, I know some people are afraid the dispensers could be unsanitary, or the contents/insides tampered with in some way.

Happy to see them go away. What a waste. Consider that there are an estimated 5,001,163 hotel rooms and the average daily occupancy rate was at 65.9 percent. So that could mean that every day 3,250,755 are going in the garbage! I'd rather keep my plastic bags at the grocery store then see millions of worthless bottles go in the dump.

I am at Pop Century now in a renovated room the spout is broken off of the shampoo dispenser. It just gushes all over the bottle when you dispense it.

I am at Pop Century now in a renovated room the spout is broken off of the shampoo dispenser. It just gushes all over the bottle when you dispense it.

Oh no. >:( That is a bit wasteful. I wonder how many times this will happen.

A dispenser was in the renovated room I had in April at Coronado. I later checked into the Grand and Poly, and they did not have them.

Are they using the same brand of soap/shampoo that was in the little bottles?
Do they still provide lotions in the little bottles?
The National Parks hotels have had these dispensers for awhile. Their soap was pretty cheap and drying though.

Why? Great souvenirs! I always brought my own stuff to use there and would bring home what mousekeeping left in the room (not the hundreds some people helped themselves to off a cart). I refuse to pay the prices they charge for full bottles of the stuff and I love the shampoo/conditioner. It was always a great reminder of the trip when I'd get home and use it.

The dispensers do not bother me. I think we really do need to do something about all the plastic that is being thrown away, so I'm for anything that saves. I also don't mind the tiny slivers of soap. I tend to look at these as amenities for when I forget to bring something from home.

What struck me today while at the parks is why aren’t all the bathrooms just air hand dryers only? It’s stops there from being paper towels all over the place and it’s not wasting all that paper. The little shampoo and body wash gets used on future travel at least

What struck me today while at the parks is why aren’t all the bathrooms just air hand dryers only? It’s stops there from being paper towels all over the place and it’s not wasting all that paper. The little shampoo and body wash gets used on future travel at least
It's really not that simple. For those that manage facilities it's an ongoing debate. While it does seem cheaper and better for the environment, the reality is that that electricity comes from somewhere, and if it's a coal fired power plant then that's where the toss up comes into play. There is also debate about which is more sanitary. Some studies show that people get fed up with waiting to dry their hands with the blowers and wipe on their clothes, which totally defeated the purpose of washing your hands. I prefer the Dyson Airblade system since its not as loud and gets the moisture off the best. But I hope they continue to offer both. /rant_on JUST WASH YOUR FREAKING HANDS! /rant_off ;)

This may be slightly OT, but do most people actually use the provided toiletries? We have never traveled without bringing our own bathing products, so this is kind of foreign to me, i guess. I dont much care what kind of shampoo is provided because i guess i always assumed the only people using them were those who legitimately forgot theirs accidentally. I've heard of people stealing them off the carts, of course, but always thought that was kind of an outlier, like people stealing straws from a fast food place or something, just a random weird thing that happens occasionally. It never occurred to me to use the provided toiletries because i guess i just prefer the products that i am used to and know work well.

i just read a recent research study that showed that the air driers actually spread more bacteria and fecal matter around a bathroom than paper towels. ICK! I can't find the article right now, but I'll take another look for it and post a link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter