The End of Disney World As We Know It?

And while there is no doubt these are unprecedented times, even at Disney World, but it's part of the change and evolution that's going on all the time. When exactly was the Disney World we all loved? The one back in Feb, 2020? Back to before Magic Bands and FP+? Back to no FP? Back to paper A/B/C/D/E tickets? Back to same day dining reservations? I mean that place has evolved and evolved and evolved. This will end up being more of it. And during each phase of the WDW history, there have been lovers and haters of the systems they have in place. That's going to continue, even 2-3 years from now when COVID-19 is a nasty memory in our past.

I'll certainly be glad when we can move on from so many of the short-term requirements. I'll wear a mask without complaint for safety reasons, but will be delighted when it's not a requirement. I'll stay socially distant as much as I can, even though I do enjoy meeting and talking with new people in lines at the parks - I'll be glad when we can stand next to each other again.... But Disney World will continue to be a place I look forward to visiting and spending time, even as it continues to change and evolve. It still will be our happy place.

Most of the big things will definitely be back to normal when its possible to do so, but there will likely be a few things that stick around if they end up working out really well or saving disney huge amounts of money. There's still things that were cancelled / minimized prior to 9/11 that aren't back yet.

Personally I'm 100% on the hoping the reservation window holds on the new times. 180 days is just insane, as most people likely aren't that on top of reservations for a vacation that far in advance. It also limits people if say a restauarnt has a new item they want to try but they have a reservation elsewhere, for example. DL's time frame was a lot less stressful and helped you feel like you're actually going to get what you reserved.

It's all temporary.

But the free dining plans were probably going to go away eventually. The easiest way to begin crowd control is to get rid of your promotions -- hence why you don't see many promotions at grocery stores right now since demand exceeds supply.
I believe Disney will milk it for all it's worth but blame the virus.. jmho

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!