The End of Disney World As We Know It?

ckohl

Earning My Ears
Just read about all of the cancellations of dining reservations, free dining plans, and fast passes for months. With the extra change of ADR's 180 days out to 60, I am worried this is the end of the Disney World we once knew. I am just waiting for the prices to go up again. Not sure the Disney World we loved can survive this.

What do you think?

I think we are in the middle of a pandemic and Disney is doing the best they can under the circumstances. Give it a year (maybe two) and things will be back to the way it used to be.

Heck, other than needing a reservation to get it and wearing masks, not need to plan every minute of every day to get FP's and dining reservations (especially 6 months in advance) doesn't sound that bad.

It's all temporary.

But the free dining plans were probably going to go away eventually. The easiest way to begin crowd control is to get rid of your promotions -- hence why you don't see many promotions at grocery stores right now since demand exceeds supply.

Just read about all of the cancellations of dining reservations, free dining plans, and fast passes for months. With the extra change of ADR's 180 days out to 60, I am worried this is the end of the Disney World we once knew. I am just waiting for the prices to go up again. Not sure the Disney World we loved can survive this.

What do you think?

Nothing as sure in life as change........
They're doing the best they can in a global pandemic.

No one was prepared for this nightmare

I think I’m 2-3 years they’ll be back to “normal” with even more technology and planning.

I like the idea of getting rid of ADR's so far in the future. I did not enjoy the planning that Disney introduced with FastPass and 180 day ADR.

Of course they are replacing all that planning with new planning through the reservation system.

You lose some, you lose some more.

I think it will return to "normal" but it may be a new normal with some poclicies and procedures changed permanently. They might even learn a few things that make it better. Certainly FP and ADR policies could stand to be massaged some as it is.

What do you think?
It's the Disney World we used to know. :rotfl:

It would be great if they can introduce a MaxPass style FP once things get more normal too. Making everyone commit to vacations so far in advance in this climate is bananas, but still having "reservations" for rides will probably help with people spending less time in queues around others.

Last edited:
Yes getting rid of the 180 day dining reservations and Fast Pass reservations is a great thing in my opinion. Making it more like Disneyland with no advanced fast passes available, no free dining or any dining plans, and no advanced dining reservations would be a plus.

Last time we went to Disneyworld you needed a fast pass to see Anna and Elsa. We needed to make them at the 6 month mark. At Disneyland you just walk up and see them. You only wait in line a few minutes.

What do you think?

I hope the crazy planning for WDW dies off. I now only go to DLR because I find planning a WDW trip way too stressful. And it ends up costing more than Hawaii.

If the crazy planning does die, I will return to check out the updated EPCOT. Otherwise, I’ll stick to UO.

Otherwise, there are a lot of other places to explore. I’m maybe a every three years DLR person, or I go when new attractions open up.

I haven't been to Disney since 06.........gosh the changes just in those 14 years makes my head spin!! And I used to pride myself on being an expert!! :teeth:

It is not the end of Disney as we know it. This is just temporary. There are countless Disney fanatics that will go no matter what. Look at Disney Springs the other day. It was packed, and that was just locals. As people get more comfortable, it will flourish. And yes, prices will go up. They always do. LOL.

I just got the reservation system email from Disney for my November trip. Reserving your park day is going to be a thing for longer then I expected.

And this could be great news for my Thanksgiving trip. Reduced capacity the week of Thanksgiving is a good thing.

Last edited:
We have a trip booked for July that I am going to cancel (it was actually 7-14 so it encompassed both still closed and reopen dates). I wasn't thrilled with masks, but I expected that requirement. Even getting rid of the fast passes and dining plan I may have dealt with, but coupling all that with the shorter hours is what did us in. We love staying at the parks until super late, especially in the summer as it is cooler when the sun goes down. I get that the reduced hours is probably for cleaning and to avoid the need for a shift change but where are the guests supposed to go and do that early? Not sure what the pool situation is going to look like either.

I am going to let them contact me and cancel us to get the 35% room discount that I heard about and maybe reschedule for November but I will be open to rescheduling again if need be. I believe that it will all work out and Disney will be as magical as ever, we just have to wait and see what new normal they come up with.

I just got the reservation system email from Disney for my November trip. Reserving your park day is going to be a thing for longer then I expected.

And this could be great news for my Thanksgiving trip. Reduced capacity the week of Thanksgiving is a good thing.

Are you an annual passholder?
I have a reservation for October and haven't received anything like that.
I thought maybe because we have passes.

Are you an annual passholder?
I have a reservation for October and haven't received anything like that.
I thought maybe because we have passes.
We are not annual passholders.

We booked a Room/Ticket reservation a few weeks ago for the week of Thanksgiving.

There was no real detail in the email. Just letting us know that there would be a new Theme Park reservation system soon and that any FastPass+ selections made have been canceled.

It's the Disney World we used to know. :rotfl:

Yeah, how can you not remember when we had to wear masks and stay 6 ft apart from one another? We had no buffets, no fireworks and no parades, no shows. How can you not remember that Disney we USED to know? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter