The Empty Nesters Magical Mystery Tour *1/28* Link to New Girl's TR p141

Super final updates, and some wonderful pictures around MK and Epcot! :thumbsup2 :

Thanks! I love those pictures that I took in Epcot while I was waiting for Denny to reappear. :rotfl2:

Great that you had the DISmeet with Kathy and Mark before heading home, and :cool1: for the Delaware DISmeet with Jedi Jill. I enjoyed being a part of it.......... :rotfl2:

I loved getting to see Kathy again and getting to meet Mark for the first time! Definitely a highlight.

As for the Delaware DIS meet - I'm sure you would have teleported there if you could. ;)

A main reason I bought BCV. That 5 min walk is amazing.

The walk from the Epcot resorts really is amazing. I wish I knew how much I loved BWV because I definitely would have purchased there. But I have been very fortunate to be able to get amazing reservations there, so I definitely can't complain.

I was ready to plunk down for Poly early on, really I was. But the Price plus the already high MF just didn't make sense. Doing the math I can get SSR point or even AKL points for half.....

I think buying the Poly is just silly. I am already a little disillusioned with my VGF purchase considering I couldn't use it at 11 months this December. So there is no way I would plunk down more for the Poly. Never going to happen. I much prefer the most cost effective resorts. I feel like the face of DVC is changing and I'm not sure that I like the direction it is going.

The ability to book is getting a bit ridiculous. I have been pretty lucky but I have AKL waitlisted for May since I can't get anything except SSR and I wil once again have to borrow points so I certainly don't want to borrow more than I may need since AKL is cheaper than SSR.

I hear ya! That's why I didn't waitlist VGF. I was already borrowing VWL points and I didn't want to have to figure out what to do with those points if the VGF came through before 7 months. Tough problem to have, right?

F&G is awesome! But you already knew that.

And did I mention that I love the Beach Club?
We love the Beach Club, too. We have a trip in April and another in October and we will be doing a lot of walking into Epcot on those two trips. :thumbsup2

Late February/Early March is a great time to visit. The weather is nice and the crowds are low.

We just booked a last minute trip to WDW with our son and two oldest grandsons and it turns out to be the same time of year as this trip. Our trip is Feb 26th to Mar 1st. We aren't going to catch the beginning of Flower & Garden like you did, but I'm hoping we get to see the trees in bloom with gorgeous pink flowers, like you did. :goodvibes I had trouble finding a deluxe resort at the last minute with a discount so I ended up with a great deal on a 2 BR villa at Old Key West. It was almost the same price as two rooms at a moderate resort. Have you ever stayed there?

That is just one weird picture, isn't it? What the heck was I thinking when I took that?

I think there is a story there. Chip may very well have been stalking the lady ....or going to get an ice cream. Don't know. :rotfl2: When I find a picture like that I know it is because something happened and I wanted to remember. :rotfl2:

Can't find the comment about the Judy but I will say - I thought about it, but contained myself. :)

Hey Mary Ellen!! I whipped through a bunch of your links/updates tonight!! As usual, lovely cool pictures!! You make me excited to go back! I've got about 67 days to go until Spring break.
I would have been so nervous about Denny wandering off too! Dave did that to me when we were going to Candlelight Processional and I was so worried he wouldn't get in line in time! (he did make it, but while he was gone, Anita and Marc found us, so he missed seeing them!)

I'm glad you mentioned the GFV points issue - like I mentioned to you, we are contemplating adding on and don't know what makes sense! It's such an investment.

Maybe we'll try for a late August trip this year - we don't go back to school until after Labor Day, so we'd have some time when it's not too crowded, but oh, it would be hot! Maybe a pool-intensive trip?? We shall see…

Can't wait to hear about the next trip in the lineup!!

We actually had a Delaware DIS meet on Tuesday night. It came up really suddenly and was expertly coordinated by none other than Captain Oblivious. In attendance was the whole Oblivious family including Mrs Knowitall and the newest member to the clan, baby Drew. Glennbo and his DW Judy were also in attendance. We will count him as an honorary Delawarean since he works here, but lives in an adjacent state. Close enough.

So why a Delaware DIS meet on a Tuesday night in the middle of January? Well, to honor none other than Jedi Jill who was visiting Philadelphia on business. When Mark contacted me about the meet there was no way I was going to miss it. And here is proof.

It was really fun to meet Jill. We had a lovely evening and she gifted us chocolate covered marshmallows, straight from her home state of Colorado. I am saving mine for an extreme chocolate craving, but I bet the Oblivious kids (including Mark) have eaten theirs.

Jill is great! what a fun fun meet

In other news, our summer vacation has officially been changed to 6 nights starting mid August. I was not able to get standard view at the BWV, so I splurged and went with pool/garden view. I only booked 6 nights because I think we may head to the beach for a couple nights before heading home. It just occurred to me today that I have to cancel some ADRs and, more importantly, change my ticker.

Now here’s some interesting December trip news. I really, really, REALLY wanted to stay at VGF for 4 nights in early December before our cruise. Remember - I have a small VGF contract and yet there was nothing, NADA, ZIP available at 11 months out. Made me sad because its obvious that I am going to have some limitations using those very expensive points. So Boo to that. I booked VWL, which is the best resort for Christmas IMHO. But still….

Did you decide not to waitlist it?

Even though we were early I suggested to Denny that we go in and grab my favorite seat upstairs. I texted Kathy that we had arrived. Because it was still early the line was vacant. My hunger won out and I decided to order even though I really wanted to wait for Kathy and Mark.

I ordered the Anchor’s Away sandwich. I just LOVE this sandwich. Of course, I thought I was just going to be able to stare at it and not eat it until Kathy and Mark arrived. Yeah, right, fat chance. Once bite and I was hooked. So hooked that I didn’t even get a picture.

But I did get a picture of the fabulous view from my favorite table.

I could even see the Tangled area to my right

Nice view!!!!!!!!!!! I love that sandwich!

When you gotta eat, you gotta eat!

Kathy and Mark eventually found us and, of course, this little piggy had already finished eating. My bad. I’m sorry. Extreme hunger won out.

Here’s our group shot

[/QUOTE]

Yay for Katmark!

And while we were sitting in the lobby I got the text message that said our flight was delayed by an hour.

An hour you say?

Well, there’s only one thing to do when you are at the Beach Club and your flight is delayed.

You go back into Epcot!

Denny decided he was going to get a beer. I probably got a snack at one of the kiosks while he set off to find the perfect beer.

The view from my table

where I waited and waited and took a picture of my passport that I barely got to use

and waited

and waited

and waited some more

At first the waiting was quite relaxing, but then I realized Denny had been gone for a half hour and was not answering his phone or text messages.

I was actually starting to get PO’d, because, seriously, who wonders off like that?

Oh yeah - Denny!

I tried to keep busy taking the same pictures over and over. I was afraid to move for fear that he wouldn’t know where to find me.

Then finally, FINALLY he showed up.

The excuse? He couldn’t find the beer he wanted and the line was long.

Did he even get a beer? Why wasn't he answering the phone?

You could have gone to the Ditch and back in 30 minutes. You were robbed.

Up Next - The May Girl’s Trip. Wait for the link and the bat signal!

Yay, May girls trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe its over!

It was so much fun meeting all of you! I'm glad everyone could get together with such late notice.

Send me a bat signal for the next report.

Jill in CO

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!! Such a wonderfully FUN group to get to meet, and I hope I can meet up with you all someday (eh, hem... did I mention Oct, 2016 would be a good opporunity?? Rosie, Marv and Pat all said they're likely in)!!! Glenn and Judy were able to get together in DC in 2010 and we all had such a blast! Except when Glenn et all ditched me in the American History Museum. I still hold a grudge.

J/K, truly it was very awesome to meet so many great people!! (Right, Rosie?? ;);))

YAY for DISFriends!!!

We grabbed one of these little beauties and were actually the very first people to get their passports stamped in the first garden.

I felt so special. I’m sure Denny could have cared less.
He's just not quite on the same Disney nerd level as you, huh? :rotfl2:

To tell you the truth, I was enjoying the first day of F&G so much that I didn’t want to leave.
It would be hard to leave that... especially day 1 and not being too overly crowded.

We really DO meet KATMARK in the next update! Finally!
Spoiler alert... :rolleyes1

So why a Delaware DIS meet on a Tuesday night in the middle of January? Well, to honor none other than Jedi Jill who was visiting Philadelphia on business. When Mark contacted me about the meet there was no way I was going to miss it. And here is proof.
Cool! :thumbsup2

It just occurred to me today that I have to cancel some ADRs and, more importantly, change my ticker.
Definitely don't want to forget to cancel the ADR's.

Kathy and Mark eventually found us and, of course, this little piggy had already finished eating. My bad. I’m sorry. Extreme hunger won out.
I'm sure they understand. The important thing is that you got to meet them!

Why do the skies turn blue when its time to leave? WHY?????
Just to taunt you... :faint:

And while we were sitting in the lobby I got the text message that said our flight was delayed by an hour.
Lucky... my flights only get delayed when I'm somewhere I don't want to be.

The excuse? He couldn’t find the beer he wanted and the line was long.

:faint:

Seriously?
:confused3 Seems legit to me. You had an hour and he made it back in time. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Thanks for reading and all the fabulous comments! Peace out! :wave2:
Enjoyed it as always. Thank you!

We actually had a Delaware DIS meet on Tuesday night. It came up really suddenly and was expertly coordinated by none other than Captain Oblivious. In attendance was the whole Oblivious family including Mrs Knowitall and the newest member to the clan, baby Drew. Glennbo and his DW Judy were also in attendance. We will count him as an honorary Delawarean since he works here, but lives in an adjacent state. Close enough.

I'm so glad you could make it! It was really great to finally meet Jill and also catch up with you and Glenn & Judy. I just wish I could have heard more of the conversation! :rotfl2:

It was really fun to meet Jill. We had a lovely evening and she gifted us chocolate covered marshmallows, straight from her home state of Colorado. I am saving mine for an extreme chocolate craving, but I bet the Oblivious kids (including Mark) have eaten theirs.

Um...well...I was going to save it, really.

Splash was still down for its winter refurb. Sheesh - was there water anywhere in the MK today?

Man, things really do look different that way.

I have NO idea why I took this picture of Chip photobombing this senior citizen. Perhaps I was just going for Chip.

Sometimes, even Chip needs a Mickey bar.

I ordered the Anchor’s Away sandwich. I just LOVE this sandwich. Of course, I thought I was just going to be able to stare at it and not eat it until Kathy and Mark arrived. Yeah, right, fat chance. Once bite and I was hooked. So hooked that I didn’t even get a picture.

But I did get a picture of the fabulous view from my favorite table.

It is a great view from up there!

So... Sandwich >> KatMark. Got it. :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm enjoying this way too much. So glad you could meet up with them though!

It’s always so hard to leave the magic of the MK.

Truer words were never spoken.

Why do the skies turn blue when its time to leave? WHY?????

Disney estimates it increases the chances of a return trip by 68%, so they arrange to have the sky colored accordingly.

An hour you say?

Well, there’s only one thing to do when you are at the Beach Club and your flight is delayed.

You go back into Epcot!

:woohoo: Now we're talking! As long as you don't use that hour to just sit on a bench.

Denny decided he was going to get a beer. I probably got a snack at one of the kiosks while he set off to find the perfect beer.

Uh oh.

By now we needed to leave for the airport so out we went.

Now THAT's how you spend an hour in Epcot! :rotfl2::rotfl:

Thanks for reading and all the fabulous comments! Peace out! :wave2:

Thanks for the TR! It was great to see some more of Florida. Looking forward to the next one!

As much as I love Disney DISmeets, there is truly something special about a non Disney Dismeet. To make that extra effort sure does prove how special the DIS community really is. Plus a Glennbo sighting... that's pretty spectacular on its own.

I see where I rate... :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

And I have to do it Mary Ellen...

ONE JUDY!
judy.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Marv actually texted us with that message after Mary Ellen posted the picture!

Double DIS meet and THE END! FINALLY!

I know you were only expecting to read about one DIS meet this update, but I have a surprise for you.

Such a fun time...always good to see you MEK and the Oblivious', and now to meet JediJill, well :yay:

And I like that group picture! Our server did all right with that one.

As much as I love Disney DISmeets, there is truly something special about a non Disney Dismeet. To make that extra effort sure does prove how special the DIS community really is. Plus a Glennbo sighting... that's pretty spectacular on its own.

I couldn't agree more. I mean about the non-Disney DISmeets part, of course. :rolleyes:

And I have to do it Mary Ellen...

ONE JUDY!
judy.jpg

:faint:

But Marv beat you to it...MEK posted this on facebook and Marv replied before we even left the restaurant. <headsmack>

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!! Such a wonderfully FUN group to get to meet, and I hope I can meet up with you all someday (eh, hem... did I mention Oct, 2016 would be a good opporunity?? Rosie, Marv and Pat all said they're likely in)!!! Glenn and Judy were able to get together in DC in 2010 and we all had such a blast! Except when Glenn et all ditched me in the American History Museum. I still hold a grudge.

Maybe we thought you were American History! Oooo. But c'mon, I was a pretty good sport...I think you guys dragged me through some first-lady inaugural ball gown exhibit or some such thing. The flag from Fort McHenry was impressive though!

Aw man, I finally had time to get caught up here and it's all over. I will be keeping my eye out for the bat signal to the next one! ::yes::

In April my Mom and brother are coming for a visit and my brother wants to drive down to Tallahassee. Ever been there? Got a TR for that city? :rotfl2:

Sorry I haven't been back with replies. Life has been crazy this week. Soon. Very soon.

Your Delaware Dismeet looks really fun!

Great view from CHH, and what a great meet with Kathy and Mark!!

Leaving MK for the last time is hard enough, but that gorgeous blue sky definitely wouldn't have made it easier!

Oh! Bonus hour at Epcot! Score!

I can't believe it's over, but I'm glad there's another in the queue! Thanks as always for sharing your story with us!

What a fun DIS meet with great DIS'ers! So, uh, if I ever travel back to PA will you guys visit me too?! :hyper:

Splash was down when we went. So sad. That is DM's favorite ride.

It's hard to ignore the call of hunger.

Great group shot!

Oh my gosh, is that bus for real??? I didn't see one like that a few weeks ago.

I just love that we're able to get flight updates on our phone now. Perfect use of that extra hour!

Such a fun TR! I gotta say, from your final thoughts, It would be very hard for me to leave the Disney bubble. I can't even imagine it. Like, even to go visit my Aunt who lives 10 minutes from DTD for dinner would be difficult :lmao:

Beach Club is on my 'must stay' list. It will be hard to convince DH though.

Great last updates, MEK.

Thanks Kathy!

I LOVE your DIS meet in Delaware. How nice that Glenn and Judy came and became honorary Delawarians for the day.

That was a lot of fun. That was my second meet with with Mark, Julie, Glenn, and Judy. It was great to see them again. And it was really fun to meet Jill!

Wonderful pictures around Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I remember us texting back and forth. And no worries about eating before we got there...I would have done the same if I was starving.

I really WAS starving that day! I don't know what made me think I was going to hold out on the sammie! Never gonna happen. :rotfl2:

It was so good seeing you and Denny again and Mark thoroughly enjoyed meeting you guys. And thanks again for the gifts.

It was wonderful meeting up with you guys too! I so hope that our trips coincide again. It looks like we are going to be missing each other for a bit. Darn!

I'm sorry your plane was delayed an hour, but :cool1: you got a bit more time at Epcot. Denny being gone for a half hour and not answering his phone. Sounds just like my husband.

:rotfl2: It's funny now, but I was not happy then. On the bright side - it was a totally gorgeous weather day and it was lovely hanging out that last hour. What I wouldn't give for that right now. ;)

Can't wait for the girls May TR.

I've got to get to work on that pronto! popcorn::

Cool Delaware DIS meet!

It was a lot of fun! I've met Mark and Glenn before, but it was great to see them again! And seeing Julie and Judy is always fun!

Wow, that is a really nice view from your table at CHH! :thumbsup2 And I remember that sandwich being tasty too - can't blame you for digging in. :goodvibes

I love that spot right by the window. I try to eat early so I can sit up there. The view if great!

Sweet, a bonus hour in Epcot?! Too bad you had to spend most of it panicking over Denny's whereabouts. :sad2: But still better than sitting in the airport. ::yes::

Definitely better than sitting in the airport. I totally agree. It was a perfect weather day. But that darn Denny! :rolleyes1

Looking forward to the next report!

I should be writing the first update this weekend! popcorn::

So sorry your Trip is over but glad you have more to come, can't wait to read those.

Oh I definitely have more to come. I may have to juggle two TR's at the same time and I am certain I will find that very confusing. :rotfl:

Love the pics of the F and G Fest. The little passport book is cute! (I love Purple) We had fun going to all the F & W Booths with the passport for F&W.

I do like that how F&W concept being used for F&G. It's entertaining and it definitely puts more $ in the Disney pocketbook. Smart marketing for sure.

Awesome you had that unexpected DIS meet near home, and then your Meet with Kathy and Mark.

I had met Kathy once before, so it was great to meet her and Mark together. It was a very fun meet! :good vibes

What an awsome trip, thanks so much for sharing it with us!!!

You're welcome and thanks so much for joining in and all your great comments. I think you have the most posts on here, other than me! :laughing:

Boo on Denny wandering off for half an hour when you need to leave for the airport! That would have been stress city for me :headache:

For the first 15-20 minutes it was kind of nice, but then.......:rotfl: I was like, really? REALLY???? I'm glad he returned but he really needs to pay attention to his phone!

Bummer on not being able to get VGF at 11 months. What's that about? Will you put in a waitlist?

I decided not to waitlist because I had to borrow points to make the VWL reservation and I just didn't feel like dealing with those points if the waitlist came through before 7 months. I know I could probably put them into my August reservation, but it seems like a PITA. So I am banking them and then I have 99 points to use in 2016.

I'll just be missing you in August, I'll be there 4-11 with mom.

:faint: BUMMER! Majorly! I loved meeting up with you and your mom. Darn! I hate when its a just miss!

I must must must do that kayak adventure. That looked so amazing :cloud9: We'll be at Vero post cruise in May and I was thinking of doing something like that, I looked up the people you went with and they didn't have anything while we're there. I'm going to keep looking.

Thanks again for sharing the adventure :)

Definitely keep looking. I am sure you can find something near Vero. I'm pretty sure I found something near Melbourne when I was thinking about staying there. I know there are kayak tours near Cape Canaveral - Merritt Island - but I'm not sure if you want to drive that far. I bet Vero even offers kayaking.

ETA: I forgot to mention, yes, I was there in December. 4th annual pre-Christmas trip with mom. We stayed at AKV CL, it was fabulous. 5 days, which is usually a nice time frame, but this time it was too short for me. It was a lovely trip though, but unfortunately very cold. We will most likely miss December 2015 because we're doing one of the Southern Caribbean cruises in January. We're both stoked about that! I'll get back to TRs for my upcoming May trip. That will be a 5 night Bahama cruise, followed by 5 nights at Vero.

I remember it being cold in December. And, yes, 5 days is too short. :rotfl: But sometimes, on the other hand, the short trips make you really use your time effectively so you maximize the fun.

I looked at that Southern Caribbean cruise in January. It looks fantastic. I totally considered one of them, but like you, I didn't want to do December and then turn around and cruise in January. I wasn't sure if I could get both off from work. Stupid work.

Can't wait to hear about your May trip! :thumbsup2

It took me 2 days, but I read the whole thing! Thank you for sharing your trip so that I could live through your fun times while I wait to find out when I can go back again!

:welcome: jojosam! Thanks for joining in and reading the entire thing. Wow! I'm not sure if I could have done than. I know that feeling of living out the time between Disney trips by reading about other people's adventures. It totally works!

While Disney is obviously the reason we are all here, I loved your side trips! I have been dying to get to St. Augustine with my kids (I was 5 when I first went, back before electricity was discovered), and your photos reaffirmed that it will be a fun trip.

:rotfl2: I loved St Augustine. So far I think St Augustine has been my favorite "out of the bubble" town. I just love the historic aspect of it. It really reminds me of the south. A great mix of Florida and the quaint SE towns you see in SC and Georgia.

My parents have a winter place in Spring Hill, FL on the Gulf Coast, so we are quite familiar with Tarpon Springs. A little kitschy, but fun to explore. We have even eaten at Mama's!

Nice! Kitschy is a GREAT way to describe Tarpon Springs. I'm definitely glad we had a chance to visit and to eat at Mama's!

Looking forward to your next trip report while I dream of my next visit!

:thumbsup2

We love the Beach Club, too. We have a trip in April and another in October and we will be doing a lot of walking into Epcot on those two trips. :thumbsup2

NICE! Isn't it great to have a couple trips to look forward to?

We just booked a last minute trip to WDW with our son and two oldest grandsons and it turns out to be the same time of year as this trip. Our trip is Feb 26th to Mar 1st. We aren't going to catch the beginning of Flower & Garden like you did, but I'm hoping we get to see the trees in bloom with gorgeous pink flowers, like you did. :goodvibes I had trouble finding a deluxe resort at the last minute with a discount so I ended up with a great deal on a 2 BR villa at Old Key West. It was almost the same price as two rooms at a moderate resort. Have you ever stayed there?

Yay for the great deal at OKW!!!! That's awesome! Yes - I have stayed there, but in a studio. The 2BR is going to be amazing. It's the biggest 2BR on property (unless the VGF are bigger - not sure) and it has a full washer and dryer and a huge balcony. You will love it. I considered booking there in August but decided to go with BWV for the location.

I love OKW. It's so pretty. We stayed there during out girls trip last May (which we should start writing about soon).

We will actually be there 2/21 - 3/1. I am running the PHM on 2/22. We are going over to the Cape for a couple days, but will be back for Thursday night.

I think there is a story there. Chip may very well have been stalking the lady ....or going to get an ice cream. Don't know. :rotfl2: When I find a picture like that I know it is because something happened and I wanted to remember. :rotfl2:

Well, I clearly had a TIA or something, because I STILL can't (for the life of me) remember WHY I took that particular picture. It must have been the hunger! ::yes:::rotfl:

Can't find the comment about the Judy but I will say - I thought about it, but contained myself. :)

Well Marv certainly didn't. He must be a FB stalker (or just timed it perfectly) because he texted me within 5 mins of posting that picture on Facebook! :rotfl2:
I totally cracked up!

Hey Mary Ellen!! I whipped through a bunch of your links/updates tonight!! As usual, lovely cool pictures!! You make me excited to go back! I've got about 67 days to go until Spring break.

:cool1: Yay for 67 days (well, less than that now). I'm glad you got a chance to catch up! :thumbsup2

I would have been so nervous about Denny wandering off too! Dave did that to me when we were going to Candlelight Processional and I was so worried he wouldn't get in line in time! (he did make it, but while he was gone, Anita and Marc found us, so he missed seeing them!)

Ugh - that's a bummer! I hate when stuff likes that happens. But I am glad he got back in time for CP. I love that show!

I'm glad you mentioned the GFV points issue - like I mentioned to you, we are contemplating adding on and don't know what makes sense! It's such an investment.

Let me know what you decided to do. I guess I have sort of resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never stay there during December. I just don't have the luxury of walking the reservation or logging on everyday at 8am. Too much work and stress. I just use those points at different times during the year. Still sort of a little bummed.

Maybe we'll try for a late August trip this year - we don't go back to school until after Labor Day, so we'd have some time when it's not too crowded, but oh, it would be hot! Maybe a pool-intensive trip?? We shall see…

I really like the week right before Labor Day. I visited that week several times when my kids were in school because they usually always started after Labor Day. It's a great way to end the summer! And there is nothing wrong with a pool intensive trip!

Can't wait to hear about the next trip in the lineup!!

Hopefully we will be starting the girl's trip soon!

I was very excited to meet Jill. She is awesome and super cool for driving down to see all of us. :thumbsup2

Did you decide not to waitlist it?

I did - for a couple reasons:
1. I have been wanting to stay at VWL during Christmas for awhile
2. I borrowed points to book the VWL stay and if the other waitlist comes through then I need to reallocate those points.
3. I decided it would be better just to bank the VGF points and that will give use 99 points for 2016 and that should cover us for a longer trip.

Nice view!!!!!!!!!!! I love that sandwich!

OMG. Me too! After I wrote about it I had to get a tuna salad sandwich at the Wawa because I was craving a good tuna sammie!

When you gotta eat, you gotta eat!

You know me all too well! :rotfl2:

Here’s our group shot

Yay for Katmark!
[/QUOTE]

I loved meeting up with them! It was so fun and I hope we have trips that overlap again!

Did he even get a beer? Why wasn't he answering the phone?

You could have gone to the Ditch and back in 30 minutes. You were robbed.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: You're right - I could have! I never in thought of that. Totally robbed.

Yes - he got a beer. It was about gone by the time he got back and Denny NEVER answers his phone. It's a serious problem he has and it really irritates me.

Yay, May girls trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

You're welcome and thanks so much for joining in and all your great comments. I think you have the most posts on here, other than me! :laughing:

:blush:

For the first 15-20 minutes it was kind of nice, but then.......:rotfl: I was like, really? REALLY???? I'm glad he returned but he really needs to pay attention to his phone!

I really would have been in panic mode if I was calling and no answer :faint:

I decided not to waitlist because I had to borrow points to make the VWL reservation and I just didn't feel like dealing with those points if the waitlist came through before 7 months. I know I could probably put them into my August reservation, but it seems like a PITA. So I am banking them and then I have 99 points to use in 2016.

Makes sense. There must have been soooo many people booking right at 11 months, otherwise you should have gotten it. But the WL is gorgeous during Christmas too, no hardship being there.

:faint: BUMMER! Majorly! I loved meeting up with you and your mom. Darn! I hate when its a just miss!

Major bummer!!! We had such fun with you and Cynthia :) hopefully the planets align again in the not so distant future :)

Definitely keep looking. I am sure you can find something near Vero. I'm pretty sure I found something near Melbourne when I was thinking about staying there. I know there are kayak tours near Cape Canaveral - Merritt Island - but I'm not sure if you want to drive that far. I bet Vero even offers kayaking.

They do offer kayaking at Vero which I'm sure we'll do, but the manatees are what got me. My moving to Florida plan is very likely being pushed back a couple years, so I must take advantage during vacation.

I remember it being cold in December. And, yes, 5 days is too short. :rotfl: But sometimes, on the other hand, the short trips make you really use your time effectively so you maximize the fun.

I really like short trips, getting away from the craziness of work but not using tons of vacation time. But that trip I needed more time away.

I looked at that Southern Caribbean cruise in January. It looks fantastic. I totally considered one of them, but like you, I didn't want to do December and then turn around and cruise in January. I wasn't sure if I could get both off from work. Stupid work.

Can't wait to hear about your May trip! :thumbsup2

HA! Stupid work indeed :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter