The drop is just for decoration...a December 2017 TR

stitchgal

Mouseketeer
Pre trip report or how our party of 5 became a party of 16
Hi there! :wave: I haven't written a trip report in AGES! Here's a link to my last trip report to compare! https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...-eat-here-update-11-17.2261137/#post-34314426

We go to Disney frequently; my DH would go every year as a child. We also try to go to Disneyland every 2 years and went to Disneyland Paris for the first time this summer! I wish I could say I had a picture of us from DLP this summer but somehow we didn't get one with all of us! Here is a picture of us in Paris instead

Cast of characters:

Me (42)

Jason (43)

Mallory (14)

Tabitha (12)

Quinn (9)

When: December 15-22. 2017

C family- A and T, and C (16) and E (14)

P Family, L and D, L (15), twins A and J(13), T (9) and A2(7)

December 15-22. 2017

My MIL moved to Orlando almost 3 years ago. My husband will take one of the kids (or several) frequently to visit her several times through the year. I,however, had not been to Florida since August 2015. We planned to go for the week before Christmas since the school gave an extra long winter break this year. We had planned to visit MIL and do some half-days at the parks. We had DVC reservations at the Polynesian but thought maybe we wouldn’t stay there the whole time.

At the end of October, Mallory found out that her friend L was going the same week and was estatic. L’s mom was excited too and asked us for help with fast passes. I think Jason’s hobby is making fastpasses and working the system so he was happy to help. L’s family were staying off site in a vacation home. L’s family last trip to Disney was in 2014. Then, M discovered that her other friend E was going that week too. E’s family had not been in over 10 years and knew practically nothing. They were happy to have us help with their trip and we ended up helping them planning most of their trip. They were staying at Shades of Green, which worked well with our stay at the Polynesian. So our party of 5 wasnow a party of 16! E's family was coming on the 14th, our family the 15th and L's family the 17th.

Additional cast of characters:

C family- A and T, and C (16) and E (14)

P Family, L and D, L (15), twins A and J(13), T (9) and A2(7)

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Day 1 December 15

Arrival

It’s a busy morning packing for the trip. We pick up the kids at school and it’s off to the airport. Unfortunately, we’re getting some snow and ice during our drive. Ugh.

It’s uneventful at the airport and we board our flight. It’s still somewhat snowing and icing. We wait. And wait. And wait. The announcement a while back had mentioned something about de-icing. I think our plane was over an hour late taking off as we sit on the tarmac. I think I took a little nap.

We get into the Orlando airport. We have Jet Blue Mosaic so our bags are one of the first ones off-yay! Weather is in the upper 60s, I think, a little cool but nicer than back home. We got to get our rental car. We were hoping for a minivan but there were none so we got a Mailbu. We stuffed the 3 kids in the back seat and we’re off to Disney!

Since we were all starving, we decided to hit Captain Cook’s, one of our favorites. The menu looks similar to what I remembered. I decided to opt for a cold pasta salad from the refrigerators and Tabitha also got the tuna sandwhich. Jason and Mallory got the pork nachos. I can’t remember what Quinn got. My salad was good but a lot to eat. We decided to get the refillable mugs although I always balk at the price.

Our room was a deluxe studio in Tokelau, a great location to everywhere. I haven’t stayed at the Polynesian since 2006 and haven’t seen the DVC rooms. I am used to the bigger DVC rooms so I felt a little cramped in here. Tabitha slept in the pull out bed and Mallory slept on the pull out couch. Quinn opted to sleep on cushions on the floor. We went to bed early as we were anticipating meeting the C family at Captain Cook’s for breakfast at 6:45 AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts