The Drink Package Project

I am sorry for those that saw and booked the deal and cannot get it. :(

This feels like someone came up to me while I was eating the most delicious ice cream cone and knocked it out of my hand so that it landed in the dirt at my feet.

I was so pumped and now the saddest trombone is playing.

IDK, Royal said the pricing begins at $18 per night. I bought it, and haven't received any notice that they aren't honoring that price.

BTW this is not a comment to me. My name is not Kevin. Just something I saw elsewhere and decided was important enough to screenshot. Not that there's anything wrong with the name Kevin. It just... isn't my name.

This feels like someone came up to me while I was eating the most delicious ice cream cone and knocked it out of my hand so that it landed in the dirt at my feet.
Whoa, Eddie Murphy "Delirious" flashbacks.

IDK, Royal said the pricing begins at $18 per night. I bought it, and haven't received any notice that they aren't honoring that price.

View attachment 413585

BTW this is not a comment to me. My name is not Kevin. Just something I saw elsewhere and decided was important enough to screenshot. Not that there's anything wrong with the name Kevin. It just... isn't my name.
My name is Kevin - as one would expect, a regular Irish name for a Chinese-Canadian guy.

I just assumed your real name was Carolyn Keene... :)

Hopefully they will honour that price for you.

I saw that and went on to book the deluxe for my trip in Aug 2020. The final charge was regular price not discounted price.

I have yet to get any cancellation notice... the order still shows that it processed for $18/day. I alerted the rest of my travel group shortly after I bought it, and my brother-in-law later replied that it was back to $57/day. (Editing to add that it was only in the cart that he saw the higher total cost. Guess it said $18 still before getting to the cart.) There was an hour or two in between when I purchased it at $18 and he saw it back to $57.

I have yet to get any cancellation notice... the order still shows that it processed for $18/day. I alerted the rest of my travel group shortly after I bought it, and my brother-in-law later replied that it was back to $57/day. (Editing to add that it was only in the cart that he saw the higher total cost. Guess it said $18 still before getting to the cart.) There was an hour or two in between when I purchased it at $18 and he saw it back to $57.

I haven't gotten a notice either.

What a mess. As someone that works in tech, I'm embarrassed by proxy for RCL. There is no reason they should have left that on their site for so long.

I'm not sure what project methodology they use, but whatever it is, it can't overcome the lack of testing changes and reviewing the system after going live.

I'm not sure what project methodology they use, but whatever it is, it can't overcome the lack of testing changes and reviewing the system after going live.

The biggest waterfall to ever waterfall, obviously. I also am starting to wonder just how long it takes them to do a release if they left something like that up for 12 hours.

The biggest waterfall to ever waterfall, obviously. I also am starting to wonder just how long it takes them to do a release if they left something like that up for 12 hours.
Based on the kerfuffle from several months back, the release is immediate, but the fallout takes months to rectify.

I would've guessed that they were agile, because they seem to mess up on what seems to be a consistent schedule.

I just assumed your real name was Carolyn Keene... :)

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Based on the kerfuffle from several months back, the release is immediate, but the fallout takes months to rectify.

I would've guessed that they were agile, because they seem to mess up on what seems to be a consistent schedule.

Kerfuffle is a word I need to use more often. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

RCCL is honoring the mistake:

View attachment 413949
I'm so happy right now :)

Me too! 🍻🥂🍾🍷🍺🍸🥃

Oh geez, seeing this now, after I booked that amazing deal... guess we'll see if they honor it! We're sailing on the Harmony in March.
We are also sailing the Harmony in March and I managed to snag it. Thanks goodness since DH barely drinks and I was dreading having to purchase the deluxe for him also and would have just paid as I went instead.

We are also sailing the Harmony in March and I managed to snag it. Thanks goodness since DH barely drinks and I was dreading having to purchase the deluxe for him also and would have just paid as I went instead.
We booked two connecting rooms, so I didn't have that problem with DH. However, I definitely couldn't figure out a way to justify buying it for $50+ for myself. I think I would be drinking just b/c I wanted to get my money's worth!! $18/day - two drinks, plus a coffee, and I'm making money off it already LOL.

So curious - was the $18/day on all sailings or just some? I had been looking almost everyday for our upcoming Harmony sailing this Oct. If I missed this great deal I'll be so sad.

So curious - was the $18/day on all sailings or just some? I had been looking almost everyday for our upcoming Harmony sailing this Oct. If I missed this great deal I'll be so sad.
It was a glitch (or human input error) for cruises in 2020. It was only for a few hours until they fixed it, but those that purchased it, got to keep the booking. Can't confirm if it was for every cruise or just some cruises in 2020 but we got lucky with both of ours having the $18. (Or ours was $23.94 CAD)

It was certainly a glitch. It was not for every cruise in 2020 as I was notified of the issue well before Royal cut it off, but it was not offered for my cruise: Singapore to Brisbane on the Radiance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!