The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Tried on 4 dresses at the Dress Shop today. I was very disappointed in the HM dress. First off, it’s not real lace up top, just lace print on fabric. I tried it on, and my normal size wouldn’t fit my chest, and a size up just looked frumpy. I just didn’t like it enough to have it altered.

I tried on the Villains dress (very limited quantity) Dole Whip dress (only because it’s a steal online) and the new blue Mickey dress. The villains dress and blue Mickey dress have similar cut and both very very cute/flattering on my body shape. Any shade of blue is my favorite color (already have Dumbo, Small World & Up dress) so I’m seriously thinking about going back and getting it to use for Easter dress next year. The Villains dress is nice, but I’m not sure when or where I’d wear it, even though husband did like it best.

Any of y’all watch Mama’s Family reruns? The Dole Whip dress made me look like Naomi from that show so it was a hard pass even though I really do love the dress style. It’s just a very very bad cut and color for me unfortunately :(

Oh and for reference, I’m a solid medium, with rather large chest, and bum, with a short torso.

Hope this helps someone

Does anyone know if the D23 dresses will be sold after the event? I was able to get the Haunted Mansion one through a friend but would still love the other one.

Attachments

• Artboard-1-copy-7.jpg
    Artboard-1-copy-7.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Artboard-1-copy-11.jpg
    Artboard-1-copy-11.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 143
:cat: Just out of curiosity, has anyone purchased any of the Designer Ear Headbands?

Below is the current schedule of the rest of the releases:
  • SHAG – Aug. 26th
  • Loungefly – Sept. 6th
  • Heidi Klum – Sept. 28th
  • Her Universe – Oct. 4th
  • Jerrod Maruyama – Fall 2019
  • COACH – Fall 2019
  • The Blonds – Winter 2019
  • Joe Rohde – April 2020
  • Vera Wang – Spring 2020
  • Cupcakes and Cashmere – Spring 2020
  • Her Universe – Spring 2020
  • Kevin Rafferty – Spring 2020
  • Karlie Kloss – Spring 2020
  • John Coulter – Summer 2020
LINK
I didn't get any of the ones already out, but I will most likely get the Loungefly one next weekend. I love that print but haven't been able to convince myself to get the backpack/wallet, since I won't use them as much. But I would wear the ears.

I also am very interested in the Joe Rohde one next year!

Does anyone know if the D23 dresses will be sold after the event? I was able to get the Haunted Mansion one through a friend but would still love the other one.
Oooohhh. I love both of these! Are they Her Universe?

Thank you so, so much everyone! The Outlets are a real hit or miss, and the dresses are usually the first to go right at opening. I honestly use a personal shopper (https://www.wdwoutlet.com/) who searches tirelessly for them, even driving out to the outlet in Sawgrass 3.5 hours away from Orlando. After fees and shipping they usually end up around $40 each total. I know the Small World dress hit the outlets this week, but so far only in plus sizes. Thankfully I already have that one. XD
I saw her video tonight and they had the black pink minnie dress at Sawgrass. Didn't hear the price.

Oooohhh. I love both of these! Are they Her Universe?

No, these two are a special edition made by Imagineers for the Mickey's of Glendale shop on the Walt Disney Studios campus. I have a feeling anything left over will end up at the Glendale store, which is for Cast Members only. T_T

I saw her video tonight and they had the black pink minnie dress at Sawgrass. Didn't hear the price.

All dresses at the Character Warehouses are $24.99.

Attachments

• dress_tag.jpg
    dress_tag.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 46

The Vineland Character Warehouse had a few of the black Minnie Rock the Dots dress this afternoon. I saw a size small, couple of larges, and one 2xl I think.
The cashier told us on Monday that they have the White Castle one in the back, but not sure when they’ll put it out. I’m hoping to get in one more trip to the store before we leave on Sunday.

The Vineland Character Warehouse had a few of the black Minnie Rock the Dots dress this afternoon. I saw a size small, couple of larges, and one 2xl I think.
The cashier told us on Monday that they have the White Castle one in the back, but not sure when they’ll put it out. I’m hoping to get in one more trip to the store before we leave on Sunday.
I have the White Castle dress, if you are flying, be prepared to have a lot of room in your suitcase or wear it on the plane. There is a lot of poof to it. 😂

Last edited:
Nah, we drove so it’s all good. The way my hubby and I like to shop, we know not to fly
Haha. Good. I knew it was poofy, but I didn’t realize how big it was until I started packing this morning. Please update what you find, I am hoping to find a dress or 2 next week at the outlet. (I am packing a duffle in my suitcase Incase I go overboard)

Haha. Good. I knew it was poofy, but I didn’t realize how big it was until I started packing this morning. Please update what you find, I am hoping to find a dress or 2 next week at the outlet. (I am packing a duffle in my suitcase Incase I go overboard)
Hoping we get to go over there again in morning. Just got back to resort after AK, Epcot & HS today, and switching resorts first thing in morning. Unfortunately we may have to cut trip short because of hurricane

Do they have fitting rooms at Character Warehouse to try the dresses on? I don’t have any of the dresses so I have no idea about sizes. I’ve never been to the warehouse since I usually have the grandkids and didn’t want to drag them out. When not in a park or eating, the pool is the place for them. But I’m hoping this next trip to sneak out while DH and the kids nap.

Do they have fitting rooms at Character Warehouse to try the dresses on? I don’t have any of the dresses so I have no idea about sizes. I’ve never been to the warehouse since I usually have the grandkids and didn’t want to drag them out. When not in a park or eating, the pool is the place for them. But I’m hoping this next trip to sneak out while DH and the kids nap.
No fitting room sadly

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone know if the Redd pirate dress made it to the outlets? I haven't been able to get it on Shop Disney for weeks....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!