The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

July 3. I was also born right around a big holiday :)
I like that your birthday is Oct 30 and that you now have the HM dress, Hocus Pocus shirt, and manage the MNSSHP threads. You're like Halloween personified!

Hopefully you'll be attending the Halloween Party & Gift Card Giveaway being held on the MNSSHP Itinerary Thread:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989843"]Save the Date/Invitation - Post #9[/URL]
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989844"]Games & Rules - Post #10[/URL]

FYI - I love your avatar, very cool!

The Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dress is $76.80 on ShopDisney right now, only a few sizes available:

https://www.shopdisney.com/haunted-mansion-ballroom-dress-for-women-by-her-universe-1451044

Well that was quick! Only a Plus 2x & 3x is available. So glad I got in on this deal :worship:!!!

If anyone need a size small please let me know! I totally forgot about my Bday discount so I placed TWO orders. I tried to cancel the first one but lady said I was too slow! I will sell it for the same price I paid no extra fees!

Hoping that means a new Haunted Mansion dress is coming out if they are super selling off the old one. Do not like the fit of that dress very much.

Oh no! I just bought this dress, what didn't you like?

If I'm not happy with it I plan on making it a two piece. I like that the fabric content is mainly cotton. Also, this is the second Haunted Mansion dress but I hope to see a new one too!

Bad news - had to return my Main Street dress because boat neck does not go with my broad shoulders :( Good news - gave the Monsters Inc dress another try and liked it on myself this time. Wonder if it because I have a tan now. Best news - they finally restocked the Monsters Inc Mike crossbody so finally got to pick that up. Had been kicking myself for not getting it before it disappeared.

And tried on the new Dumbo dress. Both of my breasts would have fit in just one side with all the material there, and I tried on a small. No XS at any of the stores at DLR. It is a beautiful dress, just not made for those with tinier chests it seems. And did not like it enough to pay to have it altered.

Yup, we bought this for my daughter who was back at home and when she tried it on it was definitely too small in the chest but going down a size would be too tight in the tummy. She's not really even small chested so maybe these dresses are best suited for ladies who are well endowed in proportion to their waists?

Totally agree on the Dumbo dress. I found an XS at the DCA shop, but couldn't try it on until I got to my next location as they didn't have a fitting room. The waist was slightly snug, not enough that it was uncomfortable, but it might become so if I tried to wear it all day. The chest area was a bit too large for me, but the odd button neckline piece was so comically huge it was sagging. I don't know what proportion is supposed to fit in this dress, but it certainly did not work for me. Thankfully, I was able to return it at WDW when I arrived.

I wish they had petite sizes. Since many of the dresses have a design along the hem, would not be able to shorten.

Agreed. You only have the option of shortening the length through the waist but that's a lot of work!

Remove the zipper
Detach the skirt from the bodice
Remove the pockets
Cut the skirt to desired length
Replace the pockets
Attach the skirt to the bodice
Add the zipper
And I haven't even acknowledged using a serger nor the lining! :crazy2:

:santa: A sneak peek at the new Dooney & Bourke Holiday Tote :santa:

upload_2018-7-23_3-57-44.png

Reminds me of the "Ugly Christmas Sweaters".
We should see a few more pieces to this collection along with prices later on.

upload_2018-7-23_3-59-39.png

What do you think, thumbs up or thumbs down?

upload_2018-7-23_6-23-50.png

:santa:

UPDATE - Haunted Mansion Dress 2nd Edition

upload_2018-7-25_17-17-4.png
I received both Haunted Mansion dresses but only tried on one. They’re both size Small. I really don’t like the fit of this dress, it feels like someone has there hands on my shoulders and are pressing down on them. Weird, right? The upper chest felt tight, the breast area fit perfectly and from under the breast, going down it was loose. I was never interested in this dress but I really liked the bottom skirt. It’s really beautiful even my husband and teen son likes the print. I twirled around and asked my husband “Does this make my butt look big?” :rotfl:

After we got a good laugh he asked if I was going to make a skirt out of it. :rolleyes: He knows me so well! That's exactly what I'm going to do!

UPDATE - Haunted Mansion Dress 2nd Edition

View attachment 339481
I received both Haunted Mansion dresses but only tried on one. They’re both size Small. I really don’t like the fit of this dress, it feels like someone has there hands on my shoulders and are pressing down on them. Weird, right? The upper chest felt tight, the breast area fit perfectly and from under the breast, going down it was loose. I was never interested in this dress but I really liked the bottom skirt. It’s really beautiful even my husband and teen son likes the print. I twirled around and asked my husband “Does this make my butt look big?” :rotfl:

After we got a good laugh he asked if I was going to make a skirt out of it. :rolleyes: He knows me so well! That's exactly what I'm going to do!
I really like the dress although I wish it had cap sleeves and pockets. As someone that has lost a lot of weight I'm rather conscious of my flabby upper arms.

Last edited:
I really like the dress although I wish it had cap sleeves and pockets. As someone that has lot a lot of weight I'm rather conscious of my flabby upper arms.

This dress does have pockets. :rolleyes:

I'm in that flabby arms thing too :sad2: just not flattering! :laughing:

This dress does have pockets. :rolleyes:

I'm in that flabby arms thing too :sad2: just not flattering! :laughing:
Absolutely not flattering at all. And it's so hard to find beautiful dresses with sleeves. Specially down here in Brazil, 95% of the dresses have thin or spaghetti straps, I have to buy them and take them straight to a seamstress for alterations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts