The Dream Grand Floridian Christmas stay updated 11-26

I didn't know anything about these until I read your TR from last Thanksgiving. So now looking forward to them.
I'm so glad you found about them :) Such a nice addition to Epcot during the holidays and they really are fun!

I called Signature Services (conceriege) to book the remaining ADR's and we got them all at the time I requested.
Great! Since we're doing our first CL stay I want to call them with our room request, I don't need anything else. I keep forgetting to do that though so now it's going on my list for tomorrow!

"So our reservations will be arrival at WL On Sat Dec 2'nd 2017 for 3 nt's"

Hey, us too! We check in on the 3rd, but we're staying in one resort for the whole trip. "Split stays" and "four kiddos" don't fit nicely together in the same sentence! :rotfl2:

I'm excited to see what you come up with. We've never been to WL before, but going at Christmastime has been a bucket list item for a while now.

And "Christmasy" is totally a word! At least it should be.

Cheers!

We're the opposite! We've been at Christmastime five times, but never stayed at WL. We absolutely cannot wait.

Hey, us too! We check in on the 3rd, but we're staying in one resort for the whole trip. "Split stays" and "four kiddos" don't fit nicely together in the same sentence! :rotfl2:

I'm excited to see what you come up with. We've never been to WL before, but going at Christmastime has been a bucket list item for a while now.

And "Christmasy" is totally a word! At least it should be.

Cheers!
:wave:Thanks for joining my PTR. UHM I can understand the simplicity of 1 resort with 4 kids. :thumbsup2

We're the opposite! We've been at Christmastime five times, but never stayed at WL. We absolutely cannot wait
I'm excited for you and I will be heading over to read your PTR.:dancer:

WL is my absolute favorite resort, but we've never been at Christmas time which I'd love to do :goodvibes
I was reading Joshes (Easy WDW) write up of Geyser Point earlier and thought about your and Steve's last visit. I'm still looking forward to stopping in for a cocktail pre Sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness. Of course it might be hard to peel ourselves away from the CL offerings at GF I bet we'll be racing back to GF after the ride to catch some fireworks with cocktails. :drinking1

tumblr_nrgceggR8K1ub0p27o1_500.gif

Well hello peeps nothing new to add but I had to do a test post as I have just learned how to embed gifs. Of course I have now gone back and added several on some of my previous posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kae
Ohhh I'm so glad you posted on my TR, because your trip is going to be awesome!!! I'm soooo excited to see what you have to say about staying at the GF!! That is a DREAM of mine! That is so awesome you get to stay there in December! Can't wait to read more!!

Thanks Britbrie for following along. I know your TR is coming close to the end boohoo, but looks like we'll get to read another one after Christmas YAY. I need your lawyer skills of convincing DH we need to go back again sooner. LOL

tenor.gif

So I guess I should add to this PTR. I’ve been enjoying everybody else’s reports so much it’s hard to tear myself away from them.
I'm surprised my personal pics are still showing up since the Photobucket change. Maybe because the pictures are so old?:confused3

DISNEY
I was hoping if discounts come out for Disney during our stay that I would cancel our POFQ ressy and just add those days to our GF CL stay. Unfortunately some repair work to our chimney went from a $1500 repair to $3600+. Needless to say I don't think that GF exchange will happen now. Unless I sell several more houses. But god has blessed me so much so you never know what can happen.

Disney stuff is mostly planned I'm sure much of it will be changed around when hours are released and depending on when we can get FP's for Pandora. Mark has talked down Pandora since he couldn't care less about the movie. But after watching James Cameron touring it on TV he wants to go to it now. AND surprise surprise he actually wants to try FOP even though he gets motion sick and he wants to rent the movie again. He's so funny that way.

He is getting very excited for the trip and is wanting me to make a video set to music of our trip. He was convinced that the perfect song would be Pitbulls Feel this moment. He even sat down to write out the lyrics and ideas of what pics would go good with what lyrics.

But now there are several contenders.

Justine Timberlake’s Can’t stop the feeling

Feeling Good Michael Bubble,

Best day of my life by American Authors.

I wanna run away by U&I Galantis

I really like electronic music and there are several EDM songs we’re considering.
One is Mickey by Praga Kahn sorry no link

I Like the way you move by Body Rockers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_smPF-FNT8g

So what would your vote be. I’m leaning towards one that has a fast beat. But I'm dying to hear what you guys think. Until later:wave2:

Last edited:
giphy.gif

So dissapointed. I just found out the winter discounts at WDW aren't being offered during our stay. So no 20-25% discount for us. My dream of changing POFQ to an all GF stay are out the window.
Will have to call WDW and see if I have a new pin # attached to my name. I've had them every time I've asked. Of course now that I already have a trip already planned there probably won't be one. Fingers crossed no rack rate for us.

edited to add that I'm a bone head and didn't read the details of the offer correctly and it does cover our dates.

Last edited:
>:(Grumble Grumble Grumble. I just got off the phone with Disney. After being on hold for 15 minutes I'm told that the system is undergoing Magical Enhancements and that they aren't able to tell me if I have a pin#. If I call back in 11/2 hr's the system should be back up and I shouldn't be on hold as long. In my mind I'm thinking yeah except what happens when everybody else calls back in at the same time. I hate their menu system when you call in it takes for ever. You should be able to tell them your reserv# and be done with it. How many times do they need to know my addy and zip code. Sure not user friendly. Alright rant over. :rainbow:

Been a bit since I've been here. Lot's of real life stuff happening. The hubster just got released from the hospital from having Meningitis. So glad he is doing better. I was very scared at first as the symptom mimicked stroke symptoms and he had had a stroke in 2011. So now just lot's of medicine and rest and hopefully he'll be back to his old self soon. Some rollercoaster of emotions.

Now for some good news. I had previously posted about loosing our last dog Smoke a Weimreiner but I deleted the post since it was so sad/depressing and nobody wants to read that on the happy Disboards. We have finally found a new fur baby and I am in love. Tazzy is a very sweet 2yr Chocolate lab. She just had a litter of 11 pups before we adopted her. Wow 11 I just can't imagine. :eek: I'll post a pic once I figure out how to do it using the dis's hosting.
Tazzy.jpg

On to Disney news. I'm so frustrated with Disney. 3 of the last 4 times I have tried to call them their computer system has been down. What is up with that????? I have found out that any winter discounts that would have covered my trip have all been taken up. So if their computer system had been up when I called the first time would I have been able to have gotten the discount?:confused3 I did find out that of course I have no pin# associated with my name. Thanks to no discount of any sort it looks like I might have make major changes to our reservation. We recently had a chimney repair that was originally quoted at $1500 turn into a $3600 repair OUCH. Along with that and all of the upcoming hospital bills I'm not sure we'll be able to afford staying at the GF and may even have to cut the trip short.

I'm now reassessing arrival and departure dates. We may come in a day or two earlier and stay off site in the condo, cancel the GF ressy's and maybe add two days onto POFQ ressy. Now if I can sell several more houses between now and then I won't need to change things. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Wow I'm sorry I've fallen so far behind!

Mark has talked down Pandora since he couldn't care less about the movie. But after watching James Cameron touring it on TV he wants to go to it now. AND surprise surprise he actually wants to try FOP even though he gets motion sick and he wants to rent the movie again. He's so funny that way.
Before it opened, I wasn't really excited about it BEING Pandora, because Steve and I thought the movie was just "eh" (boys haven't seen it). But after actually visiting during the AP previews we were blown away! Our boys weren't too excited last week - until they got on FOP that is. LOVED it. Ricky kept asking to go on again and wanted me to change our FP's every day to AK and I felt bad telling him there was no way we were getting another one for the ride, and he wasn't standing on a 2 hour + line. But the ride is awesome and so is the land, so I bet Mark enjoys it more than he thinks he will :)

Been a bit since I've been here. Lot's of real life stuff happening. The hubster just got released from the hospital from having Meningitis. So glad he is doing better.
So glad he's better! I can imagine how scary that was.

Tazzy is a very sweet 2yr Chocolate lab. She just had a litter of 11 pups before we adopted her. Wow 11 I just can't imagine. :eek: I'll post a pic once I figure out how to do it using the dis's hosting.
Adorable! I'm a cat person but a lover of all animals. Very sorry for your loss, I'm unfortunately all too familiar with how that feels :littleangel:

On to Disney news. I'm so frustrated with Disney. 3 of the last 4 times I have tried to call them their computer system has been down. What is up with that????? I have found out that any winter discounts that would have covered my trip have all been taken up
Yup. Try being a TA when the system goes down constantly :furious: When it's down for you it's down for us so we can't quote for clients, change their reservations, get questions answered, anything. It was just down again yesterday! And as you said, then when it goes back up the waits are crazy even on the TA line. I will tell you though that the winter discount SUCKED all around so even if you did get through as soon as it was released there's a good chance it wouldn't have been available for your stay. I hope you can still manage to stay at the GF!

Ricky kept asking to go on again and wanted me to change our FP's every day to AK
Mean momma LOL

Try being a TA when the system goes down constantly :furious:
I'd probably end up with high blood pressure. I don't envy you. I can't stand calling into Disney and last week just fortified that feeling.

I hope you can still manage to stay at the GF!
I'm trying hard even if we may have to cut it down from 4-2 nt's. I keep stalking Disney with different alternative days and resorts but still haven't found anything worth changing for. I'm putting in extra time in xray when possible and I sold another property so that will help a little if the medical bills don't eat it all up first.

Hi dis friends long time no peep from me. Sorry as usual I'm out living vicariously through reading everybody's TR's.

giphy.gif

So back with some exciting news. I got some long awaited adr's. Last night I received an email & text notification from UTC that Beaches and Cream had an ADR open up for lunch on the day I wanted to go. I immediately got onto MDE and got it before it was swooped up by someone else. Not so sure that I would have been able to get this but I just happened to be reading a different text when this one came across my phone. About a month ago I got notification of an ADR but I was too late to snag it.

So now Mark will get to try his
no+way+jose.jpg
and of course I'm excited to try a Cheeseburger and those awesome looking onion rings. Can't lie really looking forward to this lunch. Hoping to have some time to check out the Christmas decorations at BC and YC.

Since I last posted on here WDW have released their hours and night time shows schedule. Yay many of the hours were similiar to their historical hours so my schedule for park days don't need to be changed. Of course that doesn't mean I won't change some things up. Any change will most likely revolve around FP for FOP. FOP, Navi River ride and ROL are my must do's on this trip. The day I had planned to go to AK we will be staying off site so I won't be able to FP until 30 days out. So the likely hood of getting FOP on that day are slim to none. So on my FP day I may only be able to get FOP FP on the last day of our stay. Keeping my fingers crossed cause I really don't want to do rope drop and stand by for FOP. But I will if I have to because this.
it-will-allow-guests-to-ride-upon-banshees-with-flying-scenes-shown-on-screens-similar-to-disneys-soarin-ride-according-to-variety-vehicles-will-move-along-to-the-action-in-a-theater.jpg

On the subject of being able to afford my current plans, I've been able to put in alot of OT at my xray job so at this point it looks like I'll be able to keep our current GF stay plans. I still may need to cut 1 day off or possibly change to non CL level. Every time I check though regular GV rooms are booked so who knows :confused3

Until next time see ya guys around the boards.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
So I started reading your report after you commented on mine, but then things got so busy with changing our plans for September due to the hurricane that I forgot to come back and comment! We're now going in December too :thumbsup2 I see you had trouble changing dates around with availability and such, when we went to switch there was like nothing left :scared1: I managed to grab a PORS room that was discounted, and I'm hoping for an AP discount; but we definitely lost our wonderful YC rate we had in Sep.

So I started reading your report after you commented on mine, but then things got so busy with changing our plans for September due to the hurricane that I forgot to come back and comment! We're now going in December too :thumbsup2 I see you had trouble changing dates around with availability and such, when we went to switch there was like nothing left :scared1: I managed to grab a PORS room that was discounted, and I'm hoping for an AP discount; but we definitely lost our wonderful YC rate we had in Se
6c2a45bed4ffe32b2210700aaf506929.gif

Hi Raeven happy to have you here. So sorry to hear that Irma screwed you guys outta couple days. But YAY WDW at Christmas time. LOL you arrive on the day we leave (had to check out your PTR). Hope your enjoying your trip that started today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts