The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

This is the most recent info I found when searching this thread for info about the in-room coffee maker. Is it still the Cuisinart pod machines?

Also, does anyone know what time the quick service breakfast place(s) open at the DLH

Thanks!

:coffee:
Restaurant times are on the app.

Tomorrow for example, DLH Coffee House opens at 6am and Tangaroa Terrace opens at 7am. And Starbucks nearby at DTD opens at 5am.

Times could always change, so check the app prior to your dates, but these are pretty typical opening times for these locations.

Tomorrow for example, DLH Coffee House opens at 6am and Tangaroa Terrace opens at 7am. And Starbucks nearby at DTD opens at 5am.

Times could always change, so check the app prior to your dates, but these are pretty typical opening times for these locations.

Starbucks allows order ahead on the app. So you can just walk up and pick up food and drinks

Thank you all for your replies!

I believe the quick service breakfast location opens at 8:00 a.m.

I didn't pay that much attention to the population and our Room, but I know it was not a pod machine, as in K cups. More like a small one cup coffee machine that took filter pods.

Like this?

Joffrey's Pods HubbDave.JPG

Coffee pod.jpg

Great tip! Thanks! I have just started playing around with the app.

Starbucks allows order ahead on the app. So you can just walk up and pick up food and drinks

Thanks!

🍵

... unless you are not from the US. As a Canadian, with a Canadian version of the app, I was unable to mobile order. (The line was never more than 2 deep anyway.)

The last time I stayed at the DLH (2016?) the coffee maker was pod-style, closer to a Keurig.

I'm excited! I just booked the Disneyland Hotel Club Level with Premium View as a suprise for my kids! I've only stayed at the DLH one other time (although we have been every year since 2006) Our last trip was terrible, so I want this trip to be extra special. I want to ask for the Adventure tower, but I also would like the two queen beds and the pull out bed. Do I call and ask?

Is the DLH also offering complimentary coffee to its hotel guests? When I stayed at the GCH a couple of years back I was able to grab one at Whitewater Snacks by showing my room key.

Is the DLH also offering complimentary coffee to its hotel guests? When I stayed at the GCH a couple of years back I was able to grab one at Whitewater Snacks by showing my room key.

Not that I have seen. Coffee is available in your room or for a charge in the Coffee House.

I'm excited! I just booked the Disneyland Hotel Club Level with Premium View as a suprise for my kids! I've only stayed at the DLH one other time (although we have been every year since 2006) Our last trip was terrible, so I want this trip to be extra special. I want to ask for the Adventure tower, but I also would like the two queen beds and the pull out bed. Do I call and ask?

I would call and add it to your reservation. This way, it is noted, so hopefully, you will get at CM in a good mood when you check in. I always let the CM know when I make a reservation my requests. If I add anything, change dates, etc, I go over my requests to make sure they are on there. I am always kind and polite. Sometimes I get the requests, and sometimes I do not.
When are you going again? I think club level is on the 11th floor. I would request the same floor, closest to DTD/elevators. The walk to the parks aren't bad because you are excited to be going to Disneyland, it is the walk back that your feet make you curse every step back to your room.
I know, the monorail is there, but, sometimes the ride is down, or, you are in DCA, or you just got off Splash Mountain and you want to go back to the room to change and rest. Do you walk all the way back? Get on the train at NOS, get off in TL, then get on the monorail?
Sorry, flashbacks. I have teens that we surprised with DL trip and we stayed at the DLH. We try to stay at the Grand now whenever we can. Teens, they are the creators of grey/white or no hair.

We have stayed at the DLH before, the walk fighting the crowds is a put off! Normally we stay on S. Harbor BLVD so the distance isn't gonna be too bad (we have gone every school year since 2006). I'm sure we will do the monorail in the afternoon, and walk back in the evenings. We are an early to the park kind of family and usually back to the hotel for the night by 8ish Thanks for the advice on adding my request! We have a premium veiw, but I don't know what that actually is. And Yes, the kids do give me the grey hair!!!

We are going during peak spring break week! April 6-10 (we don't mind the crowds at all)

We have stayed at the DLH before, the walk fighting the crowds is a put off! Normally we stay on S. Harbor BLVD so the distance isn't gonna be too bad (we have gone every school year since 2006). I'm sure we will do the monorail in the afternoon, and walk back in the evenings. We are an early to the park kind of family and usually back to the hotel for the night by 8ish Thanks for the advice on adding my request! We have a premium veiw, but I don't know what that actually is. And Yes, the kids do give me the grey hair!!!

We are going during peak spring break week! April 6-10 (we don't mind the crowds at all)
I am nervous/excited for our first stay at the DLH. We normally do across at the BWs on Harbor, or GCH during dapper days. I will be attending another conference where discounts are at DLH so that is going to be our hotel since it is the same price as across the street on harbor! :D
I am not excited though for the after park crowds through DTD. I thought they were rough when we were at GCH and would have to go that far. But going that extra distance is a little intimidating, especially since I will be responsible for two children that week. Do you or anybody know if the monorail runs at night? After fireworks and everything at midnight will the monorail be running. That would be VERY convenient. I think they stop it for a while at least during fireworks. I don't know if they end up resuming.

I am nervous/excited for our first stay at the DLH. We normally do across at the BWs on Harbor, or GCH during dapper days. I will be attending another conference where discounts are at DLH so that is going to be our hotel since it is the same price as across the street on harbor! :D
I am not excited though for the after park crowds through DTD. I thought they were rough when we were at GCH and would have to go that far. But going that extra distance is a little intimidating, especially since I will be responsible for two children that week. Do you or anybody know if the monorail runs at night? After fireworks and everything at midnight will the monorail be running. That would be VERY convenient. I think they stop it for a while at least during fireworks. I don't know if they end up resuming.
We have stayed at DLH many times and we will be there this weekend. From my experience crowds are usually only from La Brea Bakery up to the Starbucks by World of Disney. After that there are almost no crowds. I think it gets very crowded in that section because World of Disney, the tram is right there and the walkway is so narrow. After Passing GCH the crowds disperse a bit more. Which is why if we are going straight to the hotel from DL we grab the monorail or if going from DCA we cut through GCH.

We have stayed at DLH many times and we will be there this weekend. From my experience crowds are usually only from La Brea Bakery up to the Starbucks by World of Disney. After that there are almost no crowds. I think it gets very crowded in that section because World of Disney, the tram is right there and the walkway is so narrow. After Passing GCH the crowds disperse a bit more. Which is why if we are going straight to the hotel from DL we grab the monorail or if going from DCA we cut through GCH.
So it does run in the evenings, 11pm-midnight ish?

I cannot for the life of me figure out the difference between the Premium and the Deluxe view rooms at the Disneyland Hotel. They both say views of the pool but I can't find a distinction. There must be one for the price difference. Does anyone know the secret?

I think it’s just which floor they are on. Premium is higher. We stayed in a premium and were on a really high floor, can’t remember which, 11th maybe? They redid the room categories a few years ago so it’s confusing I know. Can always call to get clarification too. HTH!

Keep in mind that the categories do not match very well to expectations, based on my last two visits. We had a premium view but we were placed at the very western end of the Fantasy tower, so our view was of the filthy roof of the steakhouse. I mentioned this at check-in next time we visited, and the clerk promised to give us a room with a good view. He did -- except in the Frontier tower, so the view was exclusively a view of pool construction, plus the room had one of the tiny little bathrooms.

For our next visit it's a toss up between just getting the cheapest room because the chances are high of getting screwed on a view room, or alternatively not going to DLH at all.

I basically wouldn't worry about the view unless you book one that says Downtown Disney view, and even that go in knowing that the palm trees are pretty tall and may partially block the view. The basic rooms seem to be on floors 1 through maybe 3 or 4 depending when you check in and how busy they are/how many basic views have been booked. I would just always get the basic view and then request via phone (ask politely they add a note to the account) and then at check in for a high floor. Don't expect to be real high up, but you should be able to probably get a couple floors up and that might help reduce some of the noise you hear on the walking path. Or book a Downtown Disney view. Otherwise book it for the location, being in the Disney bubble, and then go spend your time in the parks.

(I've stayed there for the last four years in a row for about a week each time, I LOVE the DLH, but it's expensive and the rooms are usually solid, but not fancy. The fun of it is the grounds are done really well and give a slightly adventure land tropical feel, the pools look nice, though I've never used them (no time), the bar is nice, but very small, and the walk is great. I actually like walking all the way through downtown Disney to get the full experience of what's going on and unwind from the day in the park, or build up to it in the morning. I love staying in the Disney bubble with the music and activity going on at all hours of the day.)

We booked a standard view room and had an amazing view of the fireworks and SWGE!

The view to me isn’t such a big deal with no balcony. It’s not like I’m siting there for hours staring outside. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just book whatever is cheapest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!