The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Do you get to choose which cabana you want? I just made a reservation for one and he stated that he didn't have the option to note my preference, but, overall, I wasn't 100% confident that he knew what he was doing (not the greatest Disney reservation experience :) ). I can call back and hope to get someone else, but thought I'd ask here first!

The first time we rented a cabana I just requested which pool I wanted to be near (didn’t want to be near the monorail slide). The next couple of times I requested a specific cabana (and got it). The last time I made a res the CM told me I couldn’t make that kind of request. I ended up calling back another day and they noted it. So I would just call back another time and hope you get a more helpful CM.

You can put in a request, but of course there is no guarantee you’ll get the one you want. I’d call back, ask to speak with a concierge, confirm your reservation and then ask to add on your request to the reservation.

We booked a standard view room and had an amazing view of the fireworks and SWGE!

The view to me isn’t such a big deal with no balcony. It’s not like I’m siting there for hours staring outside. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just book whatever is cheapest.
Same! Last time we stayed at DLH we booked standard and got a 5th floor Adventure tower room facing DtD. It was partially obstructed by trees, but we could still see fireworks!

Can't wait to stay again in April.

So, I'm making one final check of the official Disney website before making a reservation for Nov. 15-20 and I see this notice for the first time:

It says the work will start in February and continue through the winter of 2020. Naturally, I'm EXTREMELY wary of staying at a property where major renovations are taking place.
Does anyone know what the scope of the project is, and how it will affect guests. Is it possibly related to the proposed new DVC tower?

So, I'm making one final check of the official Disney website before making a reservation for Nov. 15-20 and I see this notice for the first time:

View attachment 467334

It says the work will start in February and continue through the winter of 2020. Naturally, I'm EXTREMELY wary of staying at a property where major renovations are taking place.
Does anyone know what the scope of the project is, and how it will affect guests. Is it possibly related to the proposed new DVC tower?
I called the DLH number yesterday. It was news for the CM, as well. So she asked a manager who thinks that the room refurbishment which has been in the talks for over a year is finally happening.

We're staying at the DL Hotel for a conference. I thought all guests at DL Hotels get magic morning but the tickets through the conference says it doesn't include magic morning. Do you just show your card key to get in for magic morning? Do you link your tickets to hotel reservation? Do they scan your key card ? Trying to figure out if we get MM by default being a hotel guest.

Also what's the quickest queue... monorail or walking through downtown Disney?

Your room key gets you Extra Magic Hour every day of your stay (including check-in/check-out day if you want). You only need to show the key, no scanning/linking required.

DL: Tues/Thurs/Sat
DCA: Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri

Magic Morning is good for one day at DL only (choose from days above) and comes with 3 day+ tickets bought online or app. So this doesn't apply to your tickets. Convention tickets state that it's not included because many of those discounted tickets are sold to people staying off-site.

The Monorail is not reliable in the morning and can backfire. Often they are only running one train. You also miss out on the morning walk up Main Street. Save the Monorail for the trip back to DLH or in the afternoon/evening to return to DL. The safe bet is to grab food/coffee, enjoy the walk through DTD, and be at the gate 15-30+ mins before Early opening (depending on day of the week and crowd levels).

Last edited:
I called the DLH number yesterday. It was news for the CM, as well. So she asked a manager who thinks that the room refurbishment which has been in the talks for over a year is finally happening.
I asked Disney reservations about it, and the agent said she knew nothing in the works beyond the current pool and spa projects that are scheduled to conclude by spring at the latest.
I guess we'll go ahead and make the reservation with the knowledge that if projects that emerge are too disruptive, we have time to cancel and reserve another property.

View attachment 467334

I cannot believe that they are still working on the monorail pool. They were working on it last April. I would have thought that they would be finished by now.

I cannot believe that they are still working on the monorail pool. They were working on it last April. I would have thought that they would be finished by now.
They monorail pool was open when we went in November but closed in January. I do think they close it down every winter after the holidays. It was closed when we went last year in January also but open in December.

I do not have definitive knowledge, but another fan site says the DVC tower is scheduled to open in 2022. The building plan still has to go through approvals with the city of Anaheim. It is certainly possible that they will do prep work starting in February 2020 to demolish the buildings that are currently on the site and also clear away the landscaping, etc. Maybe that is it.

Also once that tower is built, it will be interesting to see how the addition of the extra guests effects the experience of DLH amenities like the pools. Right now, during the summer, that pool is crammed with people and it is very hard to get a chair. I can't imagine what it will be like with a whole extra tower of people to accommodate. We shall see.

Your room key gets you Extra Magic Hour every day of your stay (including check-in/check-out day if you want). You only need to show the key, no scanning/linking required.

Can someone explain how EMH would work on check-in day? I’ve seen that stated in multiple places, but I’m confused on how you can possibly obtain a room key/check-in at an early enough time to get into the parks early?

So even though the room won't be ready, we can show up very early to the hotel and they will issue us a room key that we can use to enter EMH? I guess I'm puzzled because it's an actual room key, unlike WDW where it's a magic band that they just activate when your room is ready.

So even though the room won't be ready, we can show up very early to the hotel and they will issue us a room key that we can use to enter EMH? I guess I'm puzzled because it's an actual room key, unlike WDW where it's a magic band that they just activate when your room is ready.

It will be a room key that cant be used because they will not give you the room number until your room is actually ready. So unless you make a 1 in 1000 lucky guess, you won’t be walking in on another family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter