The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Anyone have recent experience with the best western plus Anaheim inn, I notice it is closer to the BW that most people stay on harbor

We’ve stayed at DLH a few times and I think each time they’ve slipped a note under the door on last day with an offer to stay an extra day for a big discount. Has anyone been there in the last year that has had that happen? We’re going this month and I’m hoping they do but not sure if they’ve done away with it

We’ve stayed at DLH a few times and I think each time they’ve slipped a note under the door on last day with an offer to stay an extra day for a big discount. Has anyone been there in the last year that has had that happen? We’re going this month and I’m hoping they do but not sure if they’ve done away with it

I have received that note many times. Last year I received one when I stayed in a regular room, but not the time I was upgraded to a suite. It just depends on when you go. I think if the hotel is empty, they try to entice people to stay. If it’s not, they don’t.

I have received that note many times. Last year I received one when I stayed in a regular room, but not the time I was upgraded to a suite. It just depends on when you go. I think if the hotel is empty, they try to entice people to stay. If it’s not, they don’t.

Thanks. Debating whether to take the chance we get the note or not. We would prefer to stay an extra night but would be nice not to have to pay full price if don’t need to. It’s a gamble I guess.

I’ve stayed there four years in a row (late October time frame) for three or four nights and have never got the note. I wonder if they look to see if you’re within drive distance and then issue the notes that way. I’m from Washington state and always fly down, so it wouldn’t help me anyway, but very interesting...

We stayed mid October and did not get a note! We would’ve booked if we’d received one. We are within driving distance.

I’ve stayed there four years in a row (late October time frame) for three or four nights and have never got the note. I wonder if they look to see if you’re within drive distance and then issue the notes that way. I’m from Washington state and always fly down, so it wouldn’t help me anyway, but very interesting...

I’m also from out of state. I’m guessing it’s based on how many vacant rooms they have.

All three towers are very similar. While there are some differences, they are pretty minor, so I wouldn't worry about being disappointed if you get one tower instead of another. Here are some differences.

Fantasy Tower - the "main" tower. It's the one that has the lobby, gift shop, and is connected to the ballroom/convention rooms where Goofy's Kitchen and Steakhouse 55 are located. Views are either city view or of the courtyard/pool area. There are pictures of celebrities visiting Disneyland on the walls along with a large collage of Disney memorabilia, and some photos of Disneyland through the years.

Adventure Tower - technically the "closest" to DTD and the parks (although I think the difference in proximity is way overblown, it's not that much closer). Views are either facing DTD or the courtyard/pool area. There is some concept art/models of Adventureland displayed on the main floor.

Frontier Tower - technically the "farthest away" from DTD and the parks (but again, I think this is way overblown, as it's not that much farther). Views are either city or the pool/courtyard area. There is concept art and a model BTMM on the main floor. Also, a plaque with a tribute to Ol' Unfaithful is outside the entrance to the Frontier Tower.

All of them are more or less the same distance from the courtyard/pool/Trader Sam's area. You can tour the main level of all the towers of you want to see the art installations.
Thank you for such a detailed response! So helpful!

10/31-11/3/19 Thought I'd mention we had the dapper day rate. We made no requests. Received a king bed, as hoped. It was in Adventure Tower 9th floor, right next to the elevator that's closest to the park. It was nice having that practically private elevator so close! Very quiet at that end of the hall. Room always cleaned when we got back mid morning.

Last edited:
Mind if I ask what the rate was that you paid and roughly how early you booked that?
IT WAS A SPECIAL CONVENTION RATE BECAUSE WE CAME FOR DAPPER DAYS. I ALSO PURCHASED A $15 TICKET TO THE CONVENTION BUT NEVER MADE IT THERE. I WAS MOSTLY INTERESTED IN EVERYONES CUTE OUTFITS AND DRESSING UP MYSELF.

IT WAS >$900 FOR 3 NIGHTS, WITH TAXES. BOOKED IT THE WEEK I GOT THE E-MAIL FROM DAPPER DAYS THAT THE RATES WERE AVAILABLE. WE HAD ALREADY PLANNED THIS TRIP; WE WERE COMING SPECIFICALLY FOR DAPPER DAYS. MAYBE 9 MOS EARLY?

(SORRY I FORGOT TO TAKE OFF ALL CAPS.)

IT WAS A SPECIAL CONVENTION RATE BECAUSE WE CAME FOR DAPPER DAYS. I ALSO PURCHASED A $15 TICKET TO THE CONVENTION BUT NEVER MADE IT THERE. I WAS MOSTLY INTERESTED IN EVERYONES CUTE OUTFITS AND DRESSING UP MYSELF.

IT WAS >$900 FOR 3 NIGHTS, WITH TAXES. BOOKED IT THE WEEK I GOT THE E-MAIL FROM DAPPER DAYS THAT THE RATES WERE AVAILABLE. WE HAD ALREADY PLANNED THIS TRIP; WE WERE COMING SPECIFICALLY FOR DAPPER DAYS. MAYBE 9 MOS EARLY?

(SORRY I FORGOT TO TAKE OFF ALL CAPS.)

Ya, I would like to give Dapper Days a try... not sure I would dress up (sadly) because of the heat (I was there the week before and it was mid 90s!) but would certainly buy a ticket to the convention and probably walk around it a little to see if anything catches my eye. The dapper day rate is pretty good but Disney did run a promo that took Disneyland Hotels down to close to that rate, but that wasn't announced until right around the start of October. Do you know if the Dapper Day rate is a flexible booking that can be cancelled and refunded ?

Ya, I would like to give Dapper Days a try... not sure I would dress up (sadly) because of the heat (I was there the week before and it was mid 90s!) but would certainly buy a ticket to the convention and probably walk around it a little to see if anything catches my eye. The dapper day rate is pretty good but Disney did run a promo that took Disneyland Hotels down to close to that rate, but that wasn't announced until right around the start of October. Do you know if the Dapper Day rate is a flexible booking that can be cancelled and refunded ?
One night cannot be refunded. Charged at time of booking.

We stay on site often (2 times a year), and have only had this offer once. And I can’t recall if it was at PPH or DLH. But I believe it was PPH and a Sunday night offer. With work and school, we can never take it.
I would say it’s at random, on a weeknight and only when there is room. Just as when we request a late checkout or get a random free upgrade.

I believe the quick service breakfast location opens at 8:00 a.m.

I didn't pay that much attention to the population and our Room, but I know it was not a pod machine, as in K cups. More like a small one cup coffee machine that took filter pods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!