The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I would love to stay at DLH next May! Right now I've booked a Kids Suite at HoJo's but will trade it in an instant if a promo like the current Winter appears.
We're 3 adults (one grandma included :goodvibes ) and 2 kids... I've been reading and haven't found information about the bedding for a 5th person. Does the standard rooms have a sofa bed?
Thanks!

I am pretty excited to stay in early December. I am a die hard DLH fan but our last June mid-rennovation stay was less than stellar. I swore I would not go back until they are done. I am very hopeful that my Disney dreams are not ruined this time around. (Not really, it would take more than a few bumps in the road to do THAT! :lmao:)

Soaring girl - We have a room for 5 (3 adults and 2 kids) with a daybed but i'm not sure if it is considered a "standard" room.

I don't like it, if that's the finished product, but maybe it looks different in person! It already too dark and too blue in there. This won't help!

Someone posted on Twitter the new completed lobby at the Disneyland hotel. Not sure if I like it - doesn't seem too Disneyish, but the blue matches the blue hotel windows! Here's the linkhttp://twitpic.com/7cmf8l

I can't get the link to load yet.

Anyhow, I was startled when I saw the blue on all the outside of the buildings/windows, I actually thought at first they were covering the buildings during construction. Then I realized it WAS the color. A bit of a jolt. I am not super into the monorail pool theme but I am very glad they have some big slides and I understand the nostalgia of the monorail. But in my thoughts it's a bit too much of a clash to have that bright blue and monorail right alongside the tropical restaurant and bar area. I LOVE the tropical theme.

I wish they had blended them better. Even in the parks, it was designed to leave one area behind and gently be transported into the next land. This is more like the took Tomorrowland, put it on steroids (the primary, intense blue) and then plopped the Tiki Room right in the middle of it. Or, for WDW fans, it's like a combination of the Contemporary and Polynesian resort painted primary blue like Toy Story.

I do love the new room decor - very lux. The old was so "Holly Hobbit" furniture.

Just a couple of updates from when I made our reservation.

1) They didn't call the levels of room: "pool/resort" view, etc. They said Standard, (Deluxe?), Premium and then concierge. I double asked the CM.

Also, room categories are based on whether you are on upper or lower floors. NOT the actual view. They don't guarantee a pool, DTD or resort view at all.

The category one step above standard (I think it was deluxe) is on the lower floors - up to or including the 6th floor. Premium is 6th floor and/or above.

This means you could be in a higher level, Premium room and STILL see a parking lot. He admitted it to me when I questioned him.

2) The cancellation requirement is 5 days. (The front page of this thread says 6 days). I double questioned that too.

Someone posted on Twitter the new completed lobby at the Disneyland hotel. Not sure if I like it - doesn't seem too Disneyish, but the blue matches the blue hotel windows! Here's the linkhttp://twitpic.com/7cmf8l

Finally got it to load. Wow. That is stark and intense. I hope the reality is better than the photo. I guess we will be spending our time in the other areas of the resort and avoiding the front check in area. I had no idea they were changing it so radically. Is it just blue or is there any decor at all?

So, now you have the great lobby of the GCH and the great rooms of the DLH. What are people going to choose?

So, now you have the great lobby of the GCH and the great rooms of the DLH. What are people going to choose?

Now THAT's an interesting question! I loved the Grand Californian when we stayed there last September. But after looking at those beautiful rooms at the DLH, I'm not sure which I want to stay more!! I have to say I'm geared to the DLH!!!

Oh gosh...I'm a little sad at the looks of DLH now. I say that hesitantly as I've not seen it in person, but I'm not a fan of the 60s Tomorrowland look. I love the tropical theme (Tahitian Terrace style) and agree with a PP who said it would have been nice to see more of that and to blend it in.

Well, I guess others will love the look and I have enjoyed the way DLH has been for the past many years so perhaps it's time someone else had a shot at their style :lovestruc. And maybe when I see it completed I will find it to be fabulous! Here's hoping!! :wizard:

Someone that works for Disney said that the Disneyland Hotel lobby is not completed yet. Thank goodness! It sounds like they still need to add large chandeliers, more furniture, special artwork and a cool Mary Blair carpet (so a lot of color!) It will be a few more weeks before it is complete.

1) They didn't call the levels of room: "pool/resort" view, etc. They said Standard, (Deluxe?), Premium and then concierge. I double asked the CM.

Also, room categories are based on whether you are on upper or lower floors. NOT the actual view. They don't guarantee a pool, DTD or resort view at all.

The category one step above standard (I think it was deluxe) is on the lower floors - up to or including the 6th floor. Premium is 6th floor and/or above.

This means you could be in a higher level, Premium room and STILL see a parking lot. He admitted it to me when I questioned him.

2) The cancellation requirement is 5 days. (The front page of this thread says 6 days). I double questioned that too.

thanks for letting me know. I'll call and confirm and then edit.

Someone that works for Disney said that the Disneyland Hotel lobby is not completed yet. Thank goodness! It sounds like they still need to add large chandeliers, more furniture, special artwork and a cool Mary Blair carpet (so a lot of color!) It will be a few more weeks before it is complete.
Ok!! Now we're talking more my style!! It was looking a bit too severe...I was thinking they were going for super modern but am glad to hear it's just unfinished :rotfl:

room categories are based on whether you are on upper or lower floors. NOT the actual view. They don't guarantee a pool, DTD or resort view at all.

WOW!!! Now THAT would really tick me off to pay for a premium room and wind up with an upper level parking lot view!!! I can understand not being able to guarantee pool view vs DTD, but not to guarantee either when you're paying premium rates?? That's crazy. I would be curious to see if other CMs give this same information because it doesn't make any sense to me.

Thank God! That will (hopefully) make it look so much better! Fingers crossed that it turns out amazing!

I think the new lobby is actually really cool looking. It sort of reminds me of the "Contemporary" at WDW. I haven't stayed there since I was a child, but I have seen pics of it and it seems similar. I am excited to see the new look. We will be staying at the Grand Californian next month, but I will go into th DLH to get some pics of the lobby for this thread if possible.

I think the new lobby is actually really cool looking. It sort of reminds me of the "Contemporary" at WDW. I haven't stayed there since I was a child, but I have seen pics of it and it seems similar. I am excited to see the new look. We will be staying at the Grand Californian next month, but I will go into th DLH to get some pics of the lobby for this thread if possible.

That is exactly what dh and I just said when we looked at that link (that it looks like the CR). I do think the Mary Blair carpet and other furnishing will be a nice touch.

We have loved the DLH for years and are planning on staying there next October. We stayed there for our first ever Disney trip 9 years ago and will stay there one last time with our son before he goes into the military a few months later. I can't wait and so appreicate this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter