The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

We are heading to the Disneyland Hotel for a week in September. Arriving late on a Saturday and planning to go to the parks Mon-Fri and going home on the following Saturday. It will be myself, my husband, his mother (who hasn't been to Disneyland since the early 1980's and our two teen girls (just turned 15 and almost 14). Is Goofy's Kitchen a fun place for teens? Neither were interested in the Princess Breakfast at Napa Rose. I'm thinking either the Saturday we arrive or Sunday (our non-park day) for dinner?

Do your teens like Disney? We have enjoyed Goofy’s in the past. Lots of food options and the characters roam from table to table so no forced interaction, well except for the Goofy photo op when you check in if they are still doing that.

Do your teens like Disney? We have enjoyed Goofy’s in the past. Lots of food options and the characters roam from table to table so no forced interaction, well except for the Goofy photo op when you check in if they are still doing that.

They do, but are more at an age where Avengers are more exciting than the original characters. I gave them a few options, including Goofy's Kitchen for dinner on Sunday and they opted to go for a more higher end option. They are also excited about trying new foods which I'm excited about too! Thank you for your response!

The last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel it was prior to the renovation. The noise level coming up from the bar at night put me off the hotel for good. Curious if there is still a problem with noise or not.

The last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel it was prior to the renovation. The noise level coming up from the bar at night put me off the hotel for good. Curious if there is still a problem with noise or not.
Dare I bring this up again...

On a different thread that has been closed because it became very contentious, I posted about a baby crying in the room next to me. It went on for hours every single day of our trip. Ear plugs did very little to help. Sleep was fleeting.

In my experience, the walls are paper thin.

Should we return to Disneyland one day, we won't be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for that reason. Perhaps we will try the Grand Californian...

Thank you for the reply.
I can understand why that would be would be difficult.
I think that I am more curious about the windows and if they provide more sound abatement than in the past.

Does anyone know if/when they are reclassifying room views based on now being able to see SWGE? From the number of things I have read where people were able to see the construction from standard view rooms at the DLH it would seem like this would be happening? Or potentially some great pixie dust opportunities for people with standard view rooms booked for the opening?

Which bar? Trader Sams? Never head anything from Trader Sams or anything from the pool area for that matter. When we had a room in the Adventure Tower we could hear the bands playing in DTD by the former ESPN Zone but if I recall correctly it stopped right at 10:00 PM every night.

Which bar? Trader Sams? Never head anything from Trader Sams or anything from the pool area for that matter. When we had a room in the Adventure Tower we could hear the bands playing in DTD by the former ESPN Zone but if I recall correctly it stopped right at 10:00 PM every night.

It was the bar by the pool, not sure if it has always been Trader Sams or not. Maybe it was a particular convention group? but it was loud every single night, hearing loud laughter and very clear conversations.

We are heading to the Disneyland Hotel for a week in September. Arriving late on a Saturday and planning to go to the parks Mon-Fri and going home on the following Saturday. It will be myself, my husband, his mother (who hasn't been to Disneyland since the early 1980's and our two teen girls (just turned 15 and almost 14). Is Goofy's Kitchen a fun place for teens? Neither were interested in the Princess Breakfast at Napa Rose. I'm thinking either the Saturday we arrive or Sunday (our non-park day) for dinner?
....it seems like a lot of fun...however, to be honest, there WERE lots of younger kids there...the Napa Rose is such a lovely place for a meal...and EASY access to DCA!

...our room faced the pool [Adventurer Tower] and we were on the 6th floor, with no discernable noise...

Last edited:
Dare I bring this up again...

On a different thread that has been closed because it became very contentious, I posted about a baby crying in the room next to me. It went on for hours every single day of our trip. Ear plugs did very little to help. Sleep was fleeting.

In my experience, the walls are paper thin....
...[last Wednesday] we were in Room 2448, very near the elevators [of the Adventurer Tower] and and really didn't notice any exceptional noise...

Last edited:
Just returned from 4 night in the frontier tower, twelfth floor, facing pool and trader Sams, no noise issues at all. Last year in the adventure tower DTD music was loud but ended at the same time each night.

Just returned from 4 night in the frontier tower, twelfth floor, facing pool and trader Sams, no noise issues at all. Last year in the adventure tower DTD music was loud but ended at the same time each night.

I would love to hear all about your recent experience at the DLH if you want to share more! How was your room?

I would like to hear about your trip as well! Especially about the room!

Does anyone know up to what floor on the adventure tower is still considered a “standard view” room? (Facing out toward downtown Disney)

First time I stayed at DLH I got placed in Adventure Tower and now I just really like being in that tower for some reason, lol. First year I lucked out and got a room with a slight downtown Disney view and palm tree. Not sure if the hotel was just at capacity and my room wasn’t really a standard view but was what was left (checked in around 10pm!) Second time they were able to put me back in the Adventure tower (because they’re awesome), but it had a pool view. Any specific floor I could request while not asking for something outside of the “standard view”? Any specific rooms that are sweet spots (between palm tree fronds or something etc)

Disneyland Hotel page took down the "Pools are undergoing refurbishment" statement as of this morning! So the monorail slide must be open again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter